The Student Room Group

The Intelligent Dinosaur Theory.

Scroll to see replies

I don't buy it. Evolution into intelligent species is the exception, not the rule. Pidgeons are never going to be as intelligent as humans, for example. The must be millions of species that have been around as long as humans, but we are the single and only ones to have evolved as advanced as we have.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't buy it, I don't think their arms were flexible enough to wipe their own ****, forget flying spaceships. But I think it would be amazing, I love dinosaurs! :smile:
Reply 3
I think calling it "The intelligent dinosaur theory" makes it seem like a joke, when really all the guy is saying is that dinosaur like creatures..so reptiles, could have evolved further and become sentient if they hadn't been wiped out and the rise of the mammals hadn't occurred.

So basically...other worlds might have large reptilians as their dominant intelligent species. Which..tbh is probably not unlikely. Though they'd likely have enough biological differences to our lizards that we'd class them in their own distinct group. For example being warm blooded is a big advantage, if the creatures looked reptilian, but were warm blooded, they'd not be like our reptiles, but you'd probably still describe them as lizard-men in common speak.
Reply 4
This would have been a way better idea for a movie than battleship.

Maybe Rihanna could have been killed by a Tricerotops in a high tech armoured tank that could travel on water.
Reply 7
The most intelligent dinosaur was Troodon, which was about as smart as a cat
Original post by pol pot noodles
I don't buy it. Evolution into intelligent species is the exception, not the rule. Pidgeons are never going to be as intelligent as humans, for example. The must be millions of species that have been around as long as humans, but we are the single and only ones to have evolved as advanced as we have.

When the pigeon uprising comes you will be the first to die for your heresy.
Reply 9
wait a second....

...Isn't that just ripping off the Super Mario movie?

HAHA someone else agrees!
(edited 11 years ago)
The science behind it has pretty much **** all to do with the headline of that article. Jumping from questions about chirality to dinosaurs doing calculus or w/e is a bit much.
Reply 11
Original post by Llamageddon
The science behind it has pretty much **** all to do with the headline of that article. Jumping from questions about chirality to dinosaurs doing calculus or w/e is a bit much.

Not initially. http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2012/04/space-dinos-and-how-to-get-your-paper-read.html
I hate the use of the word theory here. This is a conjecture at best.
Reply 13
Sounds legit ... I knew the lizard people were real
Reply 14
Original post by Simplicity
I hate the use of the word theory here. This is a conjecture at best.

It is a theory made up from conjecture. It's not not a theory. Besides, I could hardly have entitled it as 'Inteligent Dinosaur Conjecture'. :biggrin: Doesn't sound very right.
Reply 15
It's a possibility but it sounds too cool to be anything real, sadly.
Reply 16
I think Barney conclusively proves that dinosaurs are pretty smart. He's parlayed a limited talent for dancing and singing happy songs into a multimillion dollar empire.
The most interesting hypothesis from amongst those outlined in those articles is that evolution could have a common direction on similar carbon-based worlds, but again it's pure conjecture at the moment given our rudimentary forms of space travel and observation. I think it's likely that species on other worlds evolved into a roughly homoplasious form compared to that of some known terrestrial dinosaurs (and possibly other taxa) based on the principle of evolutionary convergence rather than divergence from a common organism promulgated on multiple worlds through panspermia, because at the moment research suggests that whilst organic compounds may have originated somewhere else in space and been transported to Earth on a meteorite, the prospect of cellular life surviving in space across an interstellar journey is . . . not likely. The base materials for life probably made it to a lot of planets, but only had the chance to organise into replicating cellular structures on certain worlds. Whether any of the species somewhat analogous to dinosaurs evolved into intelligent species with spacefaring capabilities is something else altogether.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Norton1
I think Barney conclusively proves that dinosaurs are pretty smart. He's parlayed a limited talent for dancing and singing happy songs into a multimillion dollar empire.

its always possible that he was just using it as a masterfully criminal disguise, waiting for his moment to pounce on those kids...or that annoying yellow dinosaur... :biggrin:
Proof:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending