Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BUSS3

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else fail BUSS3 and is retaking it? would be so greatful for some advice i have no idea where ive gone wrong!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK.

They've got over 181,000+ coursework, essays, homeworks etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level, University and IB students across all topics. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site's used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

What's more, you can take a look around the site and preview the work absolutely free. Click here to find out more...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im doing buss3 well nervous about itt
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj2093)
    I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.
    Hey would it be possible for you to send me the structure guide for Buss3 and Buss4?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here is my buss3 exam structure and notes about the exam:

1 hour 45 minutes (105 minutes)

4 questions:
    - one 10 mark question (analysis question)
    - two 18 mark questions (evaluation questions)
    - one 34 marks question

What you write in questions 1-3 can't be used in question 4. You can refer to things you have said eg calculations - but DO NOT use any of your main points again!

Question 4 Plan

Use headings for each paragraph (eg Case for expanding in the UK)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

Use heading (eg Case for expanding in Romania)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

** For each of the arguments you ideally want one argument from each area of the specification marketing, HR, finance and opps man) **

Use heading (eg. Recommendations)

Clear recommendation
    Justify using arguments you have already used initially. Then expand using a new point.
    Use a 'however' point (an alternative)
    Use an 'it depends' point
    Suggest alternatives
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buss 4 'The Perfect Paragraph'

Opens with words from the question for focus
    Uses relevant theory to explain and analyse the point
    Follows a logical chain of analysis, using connectives
    Refers to 'hooks' from the question to form/support points
    Containts real business examples and/or evidence that supports the point
    Comes back to the question for focus

Evaluation

Make a decision
    Thorough justification (keep something back)
    Insight (alternatives, question the question, it depends upon, however)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For all my exams I have followed the structure:

Definition of the main 'key term' in the question

Argument for

Argument Against

Evaluation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.