The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lessthanthree
right, well, I'll be around if you need anything/want showing round halls/the faculty. I can slip you in under the radar (:

Thanks!:wink:
Reply 2
Oh I wish I could go. Bloody work :mad: .
Reply 3
I know ive already asked this, but seeing as its a bit nearer the time thought i'd ask again....? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Im not sure, is it a post offers open day cos if it is i'll probably go but if not i dont think i will lol
Reply 5
I don't think so it will just make me want September to come faster!!!! *sings* wake me up when september comes :p: !!
nina_100
wake me up when september comes :P:!!

Haha nice one! I think we all feel that way too! :rolleyes: :smile:
Reply 7
and what a nightmare with the bloody tunnels being closed too!!
Reply 8
Just out of curiosity has anyone actually been rejected from Liverpool after the interview?? I haven't heard of anyone who has?
Reply 9
I think some people must be though i havent heard of anyone either cos in my letter it said they were interviewing 54 people on that one day, and as they have 100 places id guess some people must be rejected after interview. dunno though lol:smile:
Reply 10
I love Liverpool!!! I so want to go there! The people are all so nice...though it was abit daunting going by myself and being over the age of 20!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
If anyone on here is studying there and helped me with my directions...thank you!
Reply 11
Yeah i went on a tour of the faculty late in the afternoon, and before that i went on a tour of Leahurst!
Reply 12
Erm for the Leahurst trip, there was a lad called James (i think) he was a 2nd year, quite tall and slim, he came on the coach with us, then a shorter girl who couldn't stop smiling showed us Leahurst itself. She had blonde hair, but i didnt catch her name. She was with an older lady who had short brown hair, who spoke really queitly!

For the tour of the faculty, i was on the last tour of the day, so there was only me and a couple of younger girls. There were 2 girls showing us around, i think they said they were 3rd years. One had dark hair and glasses and was Irish, and the other had a blonde bob. They were both really lovely, and answered everyone's questions!
Reply 13
A lad called James showed me round Liverpool on the interview day and he was in second year too lol!
Reply 14
were you in the sort of lobby part of the faculty? i can remeber a girl with long curlyish hair, and a tall lad with dark hair there....1 of the girls told me to wait in the seating area for the rest!
My tour was with a girl in a longish skirt and trainers, with sock type things over them.
I was the old one, looking all bewildered with long dark hair!
Reply 15
lol!!

No but i saw them under a cover like thing, with their feet sticking out and guessed they were lambs!
We were shown a hair ball from a calves stomach though which was grim!
What year are you in?
Reply 16
How are you finding it? Was it everything you expected it to be?
Grr i have soooo many questions!!! Sorry!
Being a "mature" student i dont get too much, well any, for things like UCAS etc....the thing i'm stuck on is the whole personal statement (and i know there's an area for questions like this before i get jumped on!!) but i wanted a vets view on it.
also what is the presentation thingy about, ive heard a couple people talk about it at the open day. DO you get to find out what you have to talk about before you get there??

Sorry for all the questions!
Yep the interview title was "Why do you want to study a veterinary degree and what are your future career aspirations" . We were told we had to do it in the interview invite letter. Its only in front of one guy tho, you're just across a table to him and he was very friendly.

Definitly agree with lessthanthree in that you have to be a rounded person - do some charity work, be the head of the basketball team, run the y7 science club etc as well as have all the academic and work exp stuff. This was said to me personally by a lecturer at an open day on sat! And make sure you put that stuff down on your personal statement!!

Good luck
Reply 18
nakedness :bootyshak ... parties :cheers: ... :eek: How ever will I cope??? :p: :evilb:

although the lack of boys may be a problem!
Reply 19
oooooh... all those big tools!!

Latest

Trending

Trending