Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Canon 1100d vs Nikon D3100

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I've already found the D3100 for £330 but can't really wait a couple of months more as it's my birthday start of May and parents are putting a bit of money towards it for me :ahee:
    Hey, where did you find the Nikon for that price? I'm thinking of buying.
    • 146 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietx123x)
    Hey, where did you find the Nikon for that price? I'm thinking of buying.
    I honestly can't remember and it was probs on some sort of special offer, sorry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to actual be able to get decent pictures.
    Thats up to you not your camera...
    • 146 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBrwn)
    Thats up to you not your camera...
    To a certain extent yes, but use a disposable camera and a £500 camera and there'll be a massive difference :teehee:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    To a certain extent yes, but use a disposable camera and a £500 camera and there'll be a massive difference :teehee:
    I don't know... I've seen some good photos taken on disposable cameras, and some awful ones taken on DSLRs (including my early efforts. :lol:)

A good photographer will likely take a better photo with the DSLR, but someone who doesn't know what they're doing with the DSLR will be better off with a camera more capable of auto functions.
    • 146 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I don't know... I've seen some good photos taken on disposable cameras, and some awful ones taken on DSLRs (including my early efforts. :lol:)

A good photographer will likely take a better photo with the DSLR, but someone who doesn't know what they're doing with the DSLR will be better off with a camera more capable of auto functions.
    Yes but it's not like I'm going in assuming I'm going to take amazing photos just cos I've got a DSLR but this should help me approve, and my aunt who does a lot of photography is helping me out :yep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The D3100 soon decended to a price in the same range as the D3000 it replaced.

That is why I never buy a body or lens until at least 6 months after it has hit the shelves, rather than 6 months from announcement. The launch price of the D3100 was 100 pounds more than a D5000, which is why my daughter has a D5000. The D3100 price will be optimal as it has been replaced by the D3200, which also hit the shelves, so now is an excellent time to buy a D3100 from a value perspective although availability will be for a limited time as the supply chain gets cleared down.

A quick google revealed alot of prices between 350 and 380, but some at 329 and one at 309.

I find the biggest issue with SLRs is that it requires a commitment to further spend. As a standard 18-55 will be too limiting for most users, especially if they have been using good quality bridge cameras, or even some of the higher end compacts.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A **** photo is a **** photo regardless of the camera that captures it

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.