The Student Room Group

How do you actually meet potential girlfriends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ORuss17
I understand where your coming from and if I was in a relationship I would expect the hassle etc and I also find that most partners are friends of friends most of the time but surly if you went around asking your girl friends if they had any single mates is a bit desperate?

"Social networking is key, if you have girls who are friends, ask them if they know anyone who might be a good match."

I'm eating my own words, I wouldn't just come out and actually ask them who might be a good match, that could seem desperate depending on circumstances, etc. Being more specific to my train of thought here's an example: your hanging out with all your friends and you just so happen to see a girl with one of your friends before she joins up with the group. You thought the girl was cute, casually ask your friend who she was. Maybe even at that time you could ask your friend if that girl is available. To indirectly get to know the other girl, you could suggest to your friend that she bring her other friend along when you guys go to do something, then you might have a chance to get to know her more.

That's more or less what I was thinking. I know it's weird to compare it hunting, but you have to know how to find your prey, the indirect method is sometimes good (ie: instead of looking for the prey, look for their tracks). Though don't let that discourage you from actually approaching your friends friend. You just have to look for opportunities in all avenues.
Reply 21
Original post by frostyfire03530
"Social networking is key, if you have girls who are friends, ask them if they know anyone who might be a good match."

I'm eating my own words, I wouldn't just come out and actually ask them who might be a good match, that could seem desperate depending on circumstances, etc. Being more specific to my train of thought here's an example: your hanging out with all your friends and you just so happen to see a girl with one of your friends before she joins up with the group. You thought the girl was cute, casually ask your friend who she was. Maybe even at that time you could ask your friend if that girl is available. To indirectly get to know the other girl, you could suggest to your friend that she bring her other friend along when you guys go to do something, then you might have a chance to get to know her more.

That's more or less what I was thinking. I know it's weird to compare it hunting, but you have to know how to find your prey, the indirect method is sometimes good (ie: instead of looking for the prey, look for their tracks). Though don't let that discourage you from actually approaching your friends friend. You just have to look for opportunities in all avenues.

yeah i see your point of view, bit like meeting new friend groups I suppose, a majority of my friends apart from ones I know from school are older, my work friends are older, college friends are older and where I play tennis there mostly all older.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending