The Student Room Group

Natwest 16-25 railcard

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth1234
Does anyone know if we have to wait for the final UCAS Confirmation letter in August before switching to a student acount, or if we can do it now?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Hi Beth. You will need an acceptance letter from your university or an offer letter from UCAS.
Reply 41
Original post by The_Jakal
Hi Beth. You will need an acceptance letter from your university or an offer letter from UCAS.

So just an offer letter (without the final acceptance letter) will do?
Original post by Beth1234
So just an offer letter (without the final acceptance letter) will do?

For the majority of them yes. But I would definitely say it's best to wait on it as all of the banks are yet to release their T&Cs.
Reply 43
Original post by The_Jakal
For the majority of them yes. But I would definitely say it's best to wait on it as all of the banks are yet to release their T&Cs.

Okay, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Kaytti
It's a shame that you can't get one - I was lucky and already had a Natwest account. The railcard (even though my tickets are fairly cheap) has saved me LOTS of money. Even if you have to pay for it, it's well worth it :smile:

Is it true that you can only use it during term time?
Original post by lilyxx

Nope, you can use it til the date it expires :smile: It can be used on advance tickets and ones bought on the day.
Applied for mine! Waiting for info to come in the post now (:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 47
Original post by lovers in japan
Nope, you can use it til the date it expires :smile: It can be used on advance tickets and ones bought on the day.

Oh right thanks! it's just that someone said that to me so i was unsure! Are you with the natwest? I was just going to upgrade my regular account but I've heard a few bad things about them so was unsure whether to go with them :/
Reply 48
Original post by Holly-Robyn
Applied for mine! Waiting for info to come in the post now (:

Through the natwest?
Original post by lilyxx
Through the natwest?

Yep, just popped into branch and updated my current account (:

Reply 50
Original post by lilyxx

Untrue! I've been using mine all year. I just got my new one and I'm fine using that too!
Reply 51
Ahh thanks! Is that the one from natwest though?
Reply 52
Original post by Kaytti
Untrue! I've been using mine all year. I just got my new one and I'm fine using that too!

AAah thanks! Is that the natwest one? Or did u buy IRS from train station?
Reply 53
Original post by lilyxx
AAah thanks! Is that the natwest one? Or did u buy IRS from train station?

Natwest give me mine for free. Really good at renewing too; got my new one about a month in advance.

I'm sure buying one is just as good, just don't forget to renew it!
Big bump

I got mine first year no problem, 2nd year I just randomly received it in the post (not sure when but I think it was a few months before the 1st one expired) so I assumed the same would happen with this 3rd one however it's a week to go until my 2nd year one expires and there's still no sign of anything whereas my friend received hers a while ago (I'd ask her all this but she's really **** at replying on social media so thought it'd be faster on this). Should I be worried I haven't received it yet and phone up or something?

I need a railcard for some upcoming travels has anyone else not received theirs?
glad i got mine for free, coz i dont think i would of bought one

Quick Reply

Latest