The Student Room Group

Songs that will get you through the exam period

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBear

how does that help exactly??? and what does chaiyya chaiyya even mean...all these years and i still dont know
I have a revision playlist.
I won't bore you with all of it, but Oasis and Lady GaGa feature very heavily.
Reply 22
William Fitzsimmons playlist is making revision so much easier :biggrin: His music is just so relaxing!
Reply 23
[QUOTE='x[Aa$iyah]x;37261013']how does that help exactly??? and what does chaiyya chaiyya even mean...all these years and i still dont know

It means walk in the shadow.
I find I work best to classical/instrumental music, as song lyrics just distract me.
Ludovico Eindaudi is my personal favourite for revising to.
Original post by KingBear
It means walk in the shadow.

random :tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by thompsonic7
I find I work best to classical/instrumental music, as song lyrics just distract me.
Ludovico Eindaudi is my personal favourite for revising to.

I agree with classical music - soundtracks work too. Personally, the Avatar soundtrack, Harry Potter soundtracks and Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks work well for me. Avatar is good background music, there is so much HP music that you never reach the end of the playlist so don't feel like you've worked for as long because no songs repeat, and PotC generally makes me feel like I can do anything, including chemistry revision :biggrin:
Reply 27
[QUOTE='x[Aa$iyah]x;37261123']random :tongue:

You asked me what it meant, I did a Google search, and apparently that is the meaning. :/
Till I collapse- Eminem
It's a really good track if you motivation.
Don't stop believing! When your feeling down.
'ABC' when your trying to write an English essay
'All about tonight' When after a long day of revision your going out with friends.
'Because of you' When you realise half way through revision that your going to fail your exam because you have a rubbish teacher!
'The final countdown'. When your on your last week of revision.
'Gonna get caught' by Demi lovato. When your are considering cheating during an exam the night before.
'I won't give up'. When...well your giving up!
:smile:
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Anything on Nicki Minaj's new album
Now 81

I can guarantee that Nicki Minaj will do nothing for your exam results, if anything it'll cause a severe reduction in IQ points and is to be avoided.
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
I can guarantee that Nicki Minaj will do nothing for your exam results, if anything it'll cause a severe reduction in IQ points and is to be avoided.

Believe it or not rappers are very intelligent people, you're just asserting a stereotype
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours and Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited.
Stick Velvet Underground & Nico on too. And if you have time Astral Weeks by Van Morrison. Buddy Holly is also a nice addition. :smile:

EDIT - Stick The Beatles catalogue on that too. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fishfan01
Whenever I feel like I've lost all my steam, I like to listen to Mulan - I'll Make a Man out of you. If Mulan can do it, I can do it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FX-bRXn20

Just be careful not to led it lead you to endless youtube surfing.

I do this too! It's motivational :tongue:
I also prefer classical or instrumental music when I'm working. I get bored quickly though so I tend to change frequently - that's the great thing about having Spotify !

At the moment I'm listening to an album called "Classical Study Music" which is nice and chilled

http://open.spotify.com/album/76WYJDFBBpW0VWHjbb08m6

I also sometimes like soundtracks - especially "Sherlock Holmes" , "Avatar" and "Pirates of the Caribbean". Maybe even some Disney once in a while ...
Original post by emma**
I agree with classical music - soundtracks work too. Personally, the Avatar soundtrack, Harry Potter soundtracks and Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks work well for me. Avatar is good background music, there is so much HP music that you never reach the end of the playlist so don't feel like you've worked for as long because no songs repeat, and PotC generally makes me feel like I can do anything, including chemistry revision :biggrin:

Same, although I tend to punctuate my breaks with a good rock out song :rock: and something acoustic to help me relax at the end. My soundtracks tend to be from games like the Portal 2 one or from films as you say.
one more by superchick - really spurs you on :smile:
Tupac Shakur - Changes.

His lyrics have so much meaning and it makes me feel good.
Grounds for divorce - elbow
LSF - kasabian
Off to the races - Lana del Rey
Cross your fingers - Laura marling

Songs that dont really have strong messages haha I'd rather not think about sad things

But when I am sad or feeling like a failure then its the editor's - came on your own

:rolleyes:
Original post by Frodo Baggins
Tupac Shakur - Changes.

His lyrics have so much meaning and it makes me feel good.

Is that what you were listening to whilst you crawled up Mount Doom ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending