Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Songs that will get you through the exam period

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I created a playlist which I use to revise to, quite aptly named 'Revision Playlist'. It's mainly instrumentals/classics/soundtracks, basically minimal singing...I find it pretty helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9E276DE52A3AEE93
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Kate Bush (& the occasional bit of Wham).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Vladamir's blues;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zysmTUKMbUI
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still standing by Elton John

Hoping to sing this on results day if I do well and will probably look like an idiot when I do!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    my chemical romance- teenager
    and there is nothing the arctic monkeys cant sooth.

p.s. some of the songs recommended are just funny, "punjabi hit squad" yet again you never objected to genre nor type of song whiched to be told of.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
    Life in Technicolour - Coldplay
    Every single song that Michael Buble has.sung
    You need me I don't need you - Sheeran
    Many of Horror....
    You get rhe idea.c
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaaahSarah)
    Please share.. i have constant headache from stress and i can't stop crying!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Brooks and Dunn, not many people here will know who they are but I am a big fan

They have lots of songs for every mood that you may be in, and are incredibly talented musicians.

Worth a listen! I currently have "Neon Moon" playing through my speakers, feel a lot more relaxed! Think I will listen to "Go West" next, maybe someone on here will join me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Daft Punk's music in Tron Legacy seems to get me through the vast loneliness of revision, even though I don't really like that kind of music
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Studying with my flatmate and he's putting on lots of classical stuff like Rachmanimov, which I'm actually finding quite helpful
    Mixture of Karnivool, La Roux and Idlewild at the moment though Got me through about 5-6 hours of Taylor and Maclaurin Series, so seems to be working fine!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyboy 12)
    Daft Punk's music in Tron Legacy seems to get me through the vast loneliness of revision, even though I don't really like that kind of music
    DAFT PUNK ftw!!!

and its called derezzed
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why's everyone putting that Kelly Clarkson 'Stronger'?
    Sure, the chorus is relevant, but she's sorta ruined her image with this pop-rock crap
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bryan Adams - Here I am (This song puts me in a positive mood for some reason)

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaaahSarah)
    Please share.. i have constant headache from stress and i can't stop crying!
    Heart of darkness by two steps from hell is absolutely amazing for motivation! It's trailer music or something and I feel like I can conquer the world after listening to it haha

Pirates of the Caribbean he's a pirate has a similar effect

Also Adiemus by Karl Jenkins is so beautiful and inspiring and uplifting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I'm ashamed to say haha. Rebecca Ferguson. It's just chilled out and honestly the only music I can listen to in the background apart from classical, and that sends me to sleep!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to modern music at all. One song that got me through my exams and motivated me is Talk Talk- Lifes What you Make it. 80's music ftw x]
    I find it powerful and motivating, but that's just me.
    Nothing wrong with listening to Bob Marley or Reggae music to calm to down when you think you're failing.
    But don't sweat it, don't take it too far and sacrifice your mental health in general just for grades, I nearly fell into a state in depression, and trust me, it ain't nice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Crystallise (Dubstep Violin) - Lindsey Sterling
    Time (inception Soundtrack) - Hans Zimmer

There's no lyrics to them so they don't distract you but they're bouncy enough to keep you alert and not sleepy
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's allllllll about Drake's remix on Marvin's room. Or maybe 'For the first time' by the script. If i didn't have music to listen to while I'm revising I would have either committed suicide or died of boredom.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    conner maynard- girls

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.