The Student Room Group

Songs that will get you through the exam period

Scroll to see replies

Eye of the tiger before you start :wink:

I sometimes listen to classical music when I study, it's quite nice. Although mostly I can't concentrate with music on :I
Do you play an instrument? I find playing acoustic guitar fingerpicking very relaxing
The Veldt by deadmau5 :smile:

I love the song, but the video is also helping to keep me sane, because I have a weakness for scruffy-haired Irish guys, so Gary Lightbody...:love: And also, Jack Davenport is hot in a suit. Fact. Anyway, this video is also distracting me from Chemistry, and I want straight A's, so I must go and imprison myself in my room. Hope you're feeling better about things, OP. :smile: It's horrible to feel stressed.
Original post by YaaahSarah
Please share.. i have constant headache from stress and i can't stop crying!

Awww, don't stress out too much!
My personal favourites that help me through revision is:

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)-Kelly Clarkson
The Climb-Miley Cyrus
When You Believe- Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey
Never Say Never-Justin Bieber (you may not like him...)
Footprints in The Sand-Leona Lewis

I totally understand everything you are currently going thorugh, because I am currently under immense stress so good luck!
Keep Smiling:smile:
Reply 105
When stressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEKCsSlK3jg

I promise it works.
Reply 106
Original post by justanotherindigo
Awww, don't stress out too much!
My personal favourites that help me through revision is:

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)-Kelly Clarkson
The Climb-Miley Cyrus
When You Believe- Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey
Never Say Never-Justin Bieber (you may not like him...)
Footprints in The Sand-Leona Lewis

I totally understand everything you are currently going thorugh, because I am currently under immense stress so good luck!
Keep Smiling:smile:

are you 9 or something
Original post by kaneboy
are you 9 or something

What are you trying to say?
Reply 108
Hey,

I have found recently that listening to Classic FM really helps! i downloaded the app and just play it through my headphones constantly, please give it a go if you're struggling!
Reply 109
Original post by justanotherindigo
What are you trying to say?

My intended implication was amply made clear in my previous question
Reply 110
I've been listening to the album the Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars on repeat, and it's pretty nice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kaneboy
My intended implication was amply made clear in my previous question

Whether you like it or not, these songs do personally help me through revision, and if you find them childish, then that's up to you!
And if you think that you could find better songs that could help you through revision, then please state.
I'd love to know!
Reply 112
Paolo Nutini's upbeat, cheery songs generally get me through revision!
Reply 113
bump... keep 'em coming guys , thank you so much!
Who's laughing now? - Jessie J (Used to motivate myself to work really hard and to forget about all the people that try to drag me down)
Loads of songs from random German/French musicals, so that even when I get distracted I'm still sort of revising...
Original post by TheatreLovely
Who's laughing now? - Jessie J (Used to motivate myself to work really hard and to forget about all the people that try to drag me down)
Loads of songs from random German/French musicals, so that even when I get distracted I'm still sort of revising...

I find that helpful aswell:biggrin:
Two Steps From Hell motivated me so much during my first year exams. When this song comes on it's impossible to feel like you can't do it anymore as it makes you feel strong! (The only downside was that all of their songs started popping up on adverts and reminded me of revision!) There are no lyrics in most of the songs either so you don't get distracted.

Original post by _music<3
I created a playlist which I use to revise to, quite aptly named 'Revision Playlist'. It's mainly instrumentals/classics/soundtracks, basically minimal singing...I find it pretty helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9E276DE52A3AEE93

I think i love you :tongue: no but honestly best playlist for revison not to boring and not to distracting
Disney soundtracks! They remind me of happier days :moon:
Especially The Lion King and Bambi soundtracks I find helpful :smile:
Good luck OP, the fact that you're stressed means that you care enough so I'm sure you'll do just fine!

EDIT - I also listen to electro / Drum & Bass like Daft Punk, Justice, SebastiAN or Netsky, I find their music really energises me to do work :excited:
(edited 11 years ago)
Work Work by N-Dubz. Helped me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending