The Student Room Group

TSR Dance Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh I love dancing! Currently I just dance in clubs and at home :p: but I love it! Previously I've done hip hop, salsa, street, and show dance. And something that here they just call 'dance'.
Reply 21
Justintabib
but it wont be a problem if both get to learn together. When you are with an enthusiastic partner,dancing gets so much better & much more exciting :smile:
Yes exactly! I'd love to learn ballroom dancing properly and I mentioned it to my boyfriend but he didn't seem too excited by the idea :frown: It just wouldn't be fun learning it alone so I'll have to try and change his mind..
starya
Oh I love dancing! Currently I just dance in clubs and at home :p: but I love it! Previously I've done hip hop, salsa, street, and show dance. And something that here they just call 'dance'.

Hello starya! Nice to know you love dancing. Why dont u join our society? :smile:
You are more than welcome here! actually we are having a shortage of members here :p: it's surprising that there are so many members in societies that are not even close to dancing -- excitement wise, but so few here! :frown:

You said previously you've done the dances you mentioned -- why have you stopped? :confused: I personally dont understand why someone who knows such amazing dances like salsa would stop dancing them! have you run outta time or outta partner? :p:
Reply 23
Justintabib
You said previously you've done the dances you mentioned -- why have you stopped? :confused: I personally dont understand why someone who knows such amazing dances like salsa would stop dancing them! have you run outta time or outta partner? :p:
Hi :biggrin:
I stopped because the dance lesson times just didn't suit me..so technically it wasn't my choice. I've been meaning to look into other dance schools but there really aren't that many close by.
Justintabib
Yeah hopefully I'll be able to :p: but it wont be a problem if both get to learn together. When you are with an enthusiastic partner,dancing gets so much better & much more exciting :smile:
But I shouldnt get my hopes too high right now -- after all, what are the chances of you missing firm & ending up in Bath?
hey how was your show where you got to dance '9 till 5' ? I've seen some dances with chairs on air, but why dont u share some first-hand experiences with us?:biggrin:

although i really love bath, i really hope i dont miss my firm choice...but at least if i do i know i have found a dancing partner :smile:

my show went great thanx....but im really sad its over as that was my last one now...unless i do more at uni. im looking forward to seeing the DVD:biggrin:
dances with chairs on air? thats new to me! :p: ....very interesting!
seeing as you asked for me to share my chair dancing experiences...i will do! :p: ...on the second night my skirt i was wearing got caught up in the chair leg, and as i stood up after sitting on the chair, my skirt pulled the chair up into the air and it flu across the stage...oops!!!! :banghead:
thankfully i didnt do it when we was being filmed! :p:
starya

Hi starya!!! join this soc!!! :biggrin: your very welcome to!
starya
Yes exactly! I'd love to learn ballroom dancing properly and I mentioned it to my boyfriend but he didn't seem too excited by the idea :frown: It just wouldn't be fun learning it alone so I'll have to try and change his mind..

lol you wont find too many guys who get excited at the prospect of learning dancing.
you can however try persuading him by making him jealous -- you can talk about how wonderful your "friend" feels because of her bf being able to dance with her or how good that couple looks on the dance floor .. if these things are said the right way, it surely will make your bf wanting to get better. :wink:
see how it goes & I'll be back with more ideas lol :p:

and the dance schools seem to fix us up with some random partner unless we bring one! it'd really be a lot more fun if you tag up with him rather than some random guy:smile:
oh by the way, ballroom dancing is great :biggrin:
you could also hint to him that if he doesn't join you, then you do have a dancing partner ready to practice with you....that will make him jealous! ....but if he does get too jealous, let him know you were joking...dont cause an arguement over it :wink:
Reply 28
Good ideas there :biggrin: Granted they might not work in terms of our relationship but oh well. Also, neither of us would really have any time before uni entrance exams so it's not a current issue as such.. maybe next autumn.. :p:
chocolatecheese
...on the second night my skirt i was wearing got caught up in the chair leg, and as i stood up after sitting on the chair, my skirt pulled the chair up into the air and it flu across the stage...oops!!!! :banghead:
thankfully i didnt do it when we was being filmed! :p:

as I was picturing the whole incident, I was wondering if that had been filmed as a blooper ... any chance we can see it in "the bloopers show"? :p: :biggrin:
I wouldnt miss it for anything for sure! :p:
im sure some one was filming it, but at least it won't be on the official DVD :rolleyes:
keep your eyes peeled on "you've been framed" :p:
Reply 31
Hello you all, another guy to join. I've been dancing salsa for some time, not yet advanced, but I'm lovin' it so am getting better every class. Any salsa dancer in here? :smile:
I'll join this! I do indian dancing mostly.
Hello there pniaq & Serina M! :smile:
Looks like we're gaining popularity :biggrin:

pniaq: nice to know you are learning salsa! even nicer to know that you, being a guy,are loving it! join the rare species buddy!:biggrin: i guess starya in here knows it well. by the way, where are you learning it? & for how much??
I might be interested :wink:

**oops I just realised you are in poland .... ***
Serina M
I'll join this! I do indian dancing mostly.

hii :smile:
i'm very interested about indian dancing ... do you do the classical indian dances or the ones they show in movie songs,weddings,functions etc etc
my elder sis used to learn the classicals back in the early 90s but oh well I was too young to remember much!:p:

But the recent indian hip-hop,rap,bhangra,punjabi videos seem to show the party dances only ... the same dances we get to see in the clubs all over the world!

i'm not sure if I've got everything right above :confused: ... anyways, would you enlighten us here about indian dances?:smile:

oh welcome again!:biggrin:
Reply 35
Justintabib
Hello there pniaq & Serina M! :smile:
Looks like we're gaining popularity :biggrin:

**oops I just realised you are in poland .... ***

Lol, that's right whereas going to London soon, and then probably Reading, I should check where to learn there...

Justintabib

pniaq: nice to know you are learning salsa! even nicer to know that you, being a guy,are loving it! join the rare species buddy!:biggrin:

"rare = original = better (e.g. Dollars, CDs, paintings)" :smile:

Justintabib

i guess starya in here knows it well.

EEEE ? Isn't Starya a woman? :smile:
Oh! I'll join, most definitely! I did a year of ballet at 3 (I swear I dabbled a bit in Jazz as well, can't properly remember) and only restarted this year in January.

I've been learning ballet, jazz, street jazz since and hoping to do modern next year (all uni dance lessons are over now, really gutted). In 3 months I've been in a show and won a trophy, and met great people, and had good fun and exercise! Dance is amazing!:biggrin:
pniaq

"rare = original = better (e.g. Dollars, CDs, paintings)" :smile:

agreed!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
pniaq

EEEE ? Isn't Starya a woman? :smile:

yes starya is a girl or a woman if you say so! :p: I meant she also knows salsa as you were asking if anyone dances salsa here... (she stopped it however :frown: ) :smile:
Reply 38
Hey Krysa! Welcome! :dancing2:

pniaq
EEEE ? Isn't Starya a woman?
:toofunny:
Justintabib
yes starya is a girl or a woman if you say so! :p: I meant she also knows salsa as you were asking if anyone dances salsa here... (she stopped it however :frown: ) :smile:
Hilarious :biggrin: I wouldn't exactly say I know salsa that well though.. more like just the basics but it's still very cool.
Reply 39
starya

I wouldn't exactly say I know salsa that well though.. more like just the basics but it's still very cool.

It's brilliant indeed ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest