The Student Room Group

TSR Dance Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hey justin ur not alone, I'm the only other guy in this society :frown:
I'm an advanced line and country partner dancer and damn proud of it! :biggrin:
Reply 101
Oops forget that thread, i just read the other pages, sorry didnt see you Pniaq/Weegerd or Mithum
I have got my RAD Grade 8 ballet on tuesday and although i am fine with it at the moment, I will be muchos scared when it comes to the day. Has anyone else done this exam??

It will also be a very sad moment as it will be the last time I dance at my dance school after 15 years :eek: Can't believe this day has come. But I've got my exercise regime sorted until I find another dance school/classes when I move away in september- only if i can fit it in with my budget too.
good luck, im sure you will do just fine :smile:
im not with RAD so i havent dont that exam.
It was my last dance class today after 15 years too :frown: really sad!
but im going in to help with the dance exams on the 16th, so at least i get to see people again...i really hope i can find a dance class when im at uni!

and im going to miss the kids i teach sooooo much!!! :frown:
Yeah I think there is a ballet class where I am going, but I want to look for a dance school that I can join and help out with. This is the main thing that I am going to miss, but I've got my dance aerobic dvd to keep me going over the summer. It will be the first time in novermber that I get to watch the dancing show after being in 14 of them...its gonna be so different- i can't wait but I will be jealous that I am not part of it! lol
yeah, that will be weird, being able to watch a show for the first time..and i'll also be sooooo jealous! :p:

Update: Welcome to the Dance society BeckiM !! :smile: i have just added you to the member list!
Update:
I have just added a new member list, so please could you just check it incase i have missed anyone off :smile:
Thank you!
Reply 107
Have any of you choreographed for a public performance b4? it's my first time and I'm kinda stressing out cos i wanna get it perfect, just wondering if you had any advice?
I haven't done it on my own, but i have done it before with my dance teacher and another trainer....best advice is not to stress (easier said than done, i know!)....and just try out any ideas you have, then dont be afraid to completely change them as you go along...i've never known any one to come up with an amazing dance out the top of their head...we changed our last dance show dances right up until the last rehearsal! :p:

Good luck! im sure you'll be fine! :smile:
Welcome to the Dance Society, Stagestruckgal ! :biggrin:
I have just added you to the member list (see the first page) and accepted your join request :smile:
I think we do have some line dancers in the society (can't bring any names to mind right now, but i'm sure there is) ...i went line dancing with my Aunty when i was younger, kept it up for about a year and really enjoyed it :smile:
Reply 110
Thanx for the advice! its so true as well, I have literally changed the choreography hundreds oif times, and then i end up changing it back, then changing it again lol!
hiya everyone, I have just done my RAD grade 8 ballet!!! so scary! It was too hot I can't even remember how well I did...its all just a hot sticky blur. I was really nervous at the start as well, my leg was shaking when I was tryng to do the rond de jambe exercise.

Anyway, heres to hoping its a positive result.
exams are bad enough, but hot wheather just makes them 10 times worse! i feel sorry for you! but im sure you did well :smile: and nerves are normal...you should see me in an exam..i dont stop shaking all the way through!

i have my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Thanks chocolatecheese!
hooray! I am possibly the newest member for this society!
Its nice to meet you all :smile:
Reply 114
Hey! Just thought I would let you know that my choreography pice ekicked A** LOL! Everyone loved it and sed it went really well with the music :smile: :biggrin: :smile:
nice one! how public was public? I mean, how big was the audience?
Well done Tritt!! :biggrin: glad it went ok for you!

(sorry for my slow reply...just got back from ibiza)
Reply 117
hey peeps, im just starting out doing some argentinian tango, i've done flamenco before, though not to a very high level... viva los bailes latinos!
Heya liowood! welcome to the Dance Soc! i have just accepted your join request and added you to the members list (see the first page)...so you are now a official member! :biggrin:

so, you have started doing argentinian tango...i would love to try that! you will have to let us know how it goes! when did you first start flamenco?
Reply 119
thanks chocolatecheese :biggrin:

i did flamenco on and off about 3 years ago. i'm fascinated by the body language shown by the male dancers in flamenco and following on from that interest, me and my best girl mate as a dancing partner have taken up tango classes as its a very passionate dance!

i'll let you know how it goes, hopefully we'll pick it up relatively quickly! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest