Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have perfect vision or do you have glasses/contacts?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Do you need glasses?
    No I have good enough vision for no glasses.
    23.48%
    Yes, I wear glasses/contact lenses.
    76.52%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sméagol, blad!)
    You must join us in the Misty Mountains. :ahee:
    The mountains helped us get big shiny eyes and trained us to see in the dark to catch those nasty goblinses when we're hungry. :teeth:
    This sounds so very appealing. :cry2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had this phase .glasses are so cool I want some. and then I started wearing them and my eyesight deteriorated really bad.now I wear glasses ,i kinda have a love/hate relationship with them.sometimes i just wear them and other times I chuck them away.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses and apparently they make me look older than I am and clever, which I always find useful :awesome: I was hoping to get laser eye surgery in a few years time but I can't be bothered.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else still wear childrens' glasses? I have to; as ladies ones are far too big.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perfect vision. Although I wish I had glasses that I could routinely break when I feel like breaking things and **** :moon:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I first got glasses when I was 7 years old. At 16 I moved onto contacts. At the age of 28 now I wear contacts most of the time (glasses only first thing in the morning and last thing at night) and my contact prescription is -7.5 (both eyes the same).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have terrible eye sight. I wear daily contacts and always keep my glasses on me just in case I need to take the contacts out
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have/need glasses, but no matter how bad someone's eyes are I can always see through their glasses! Weird.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Does anyone else still wear childrens' glasses? I have to; as ladies ones are far too big.
    Meeeee! When I try on those sunglasses with large lenses I just look like I've got insect eyes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Yes! I can wear adults' ones, but they just look too big. You're not alone!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    It seems very odd that so many people here need glassess or lenses.

I don't, and it's always seemed to me that the majority of people don't either - I wonder if there's some reason why there's such a high concentration of people who do require such aids on TSR...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have glasses which I use for looking long distances and probably for driving to

But I don't really understand, my prescription is something like 0.5 and 0.75 which is regarded as very small to the point where I don't need glasses, but why is there such a big difference in my long range vision then when I put then on? Surely if it's small then a small increase in my vision is the result?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went for a check-up after not being able to see small writing on the board.

I was diagnosed with delayed onset myopia and was prescribed glasses.

But I don't like them, don't think they suit me and don't wear them (I'm a stubborn git). I don't want to grow dependent on them so make do :-)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    -6.5 and -5.75 so have worn contacts since I was 11/12 and glasses if I'm not going to leave the house/see anyone I know
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't used to need them then when i was about 16 realized i couldn't see that far in front of me and now i need to wear them all the time, good job i found out before i started driving!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Contacts since I was about 15. Glasses since I was about 8 and I think I'm -9.0 so everything is blurry without them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had glasses since I was 3, lol. I got told I only needed them for reading when I was about 16 but I'd worn them for so long and I read all the time so I just couldn't prise them off my face ^^ they're practically a part of me now
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear glasses between the ages of 9 and 11, but they seem to have corrected themselves and I no longer need them *touch wood*
    I'll probably need them again when I'm older, though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses and contacts for short-sightedness, but last time I the optician said that when I have them on my vision is better than 20/20 so I'm not that fussed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    -5 and -4.5 so things are pretty blurry without my glasses/contact lenses. I much prefer my contacts though and only ever wear my glasses when I need to take my dog out early in the morning.

And yes, when your eye sight is bad, trying on glasses/contacts for the first time is an amazing experience. It's like being used to a black and white tv all your life only to be given a HD TV.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.