Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Those going to St Peters Court accommodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I'm applying for accommodation at the university of Nottingham and I'm really sorry but i can't help but notice there are a large number ethnicity's going into St Peters court from replies I've seen on the student room and the on facebook group, is this purely a coincidence?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it is. I mean, it shouldn't matter to anyone anyway but it could just be that they've been more organised and applied quicker. Like I said though, what does it matter?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not that it matters at all! Just found it surprising as I thought there would be more of a mix!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There will be a mix. For some inexplicable reason the majority of those early applicants who are socially involved just happen to be asian. If you want to apply to SPC you shouldn't let that intimidate you (if it has in the slightest).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A contributing factor could be that a slightly higher percentage of international students go to off campus because unlike on campus halls, you don't have to move all of your stuff out over christmas/easter and obviously moving your **** back to the other side of the world is a hell of a lot more annoying than getting your parents to whack it in the car and move it to Bristol or wherever. But as someone who lives here now, whilst there is a decent mix, the strong majority of students are british.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiejones1993)
    Hi all

I'm applying for accommodation at the university of Nottingham and I'm really sorry but i can't help but notice there are a large number ethnicity's going into St Peters court from replies I've seen on the student room and the on facebook group, is this purely a coincidence?
    I'm so glad you asked this, I'm also going to be living in St Peters court and when I looked at the Facebook group I noticed only 6 of the 38 had English sounding names. I personally have no problem with this either but I was curious to why this was the case. My only worry is that international students tend to stick together but when i looked a bit further I noticed that most of the people are home students but just of indian descent.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    I'm so glad you asked this, I'm also going to be living in St Peters court and when I looked at the Facebook group I noticed only 6 of the 38 had English sounding names. I personally have no problem with this either but I was curious to why this was the case. My only worry is that international students tend to stick together but when i looked a bit further I noticed that most of the people are home students but just of indian descent.
    Again, and not that it matters as there really isn't a problem with it, for whatever reason those of Asian ethnicity have just applied early and joined the Facebook group. The vast majority will be white British...they most likely haven't been arsed to join any social groups online as of yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Judging from the intake this year, scbond's right in saying that the majority are white british.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Did everyone applying to St Peter's Court have to fill out an application form to UNITE before they had recieved an accomodation offer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Yeah. You will then receive your tenancy agreement (with your Block, Flat no. and Room details) and a payment details form by email after.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDNY24)
    Hi, Did everyone applying to St Peter's Court have to fill out an application form to UNITE before they had recieved an accomodation offer?
    Not an application form, no, just a tenancy agreement and a couple of other things like a direct debit agreement if you choose to pay that way. If you apply directly with Unite then there's the online form but I would say that's the only difference.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scbond)
    Not an application form, no, just a tenancy agreement and a couple of other things like a direct debit agreement if you choose to pay that way. If you apply directly with Unite then there's the online form but I would say that's the only difference.
    I got some computer document based form to fill in before I got my offer.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have put SPC as my first choice, I'm English, hi
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EN_32)
    I'm English
    Trying to prove a point or something?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering is it better to pay accomodation in installments or pay the whole sum upfront?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDNY24)
    Hi, I was just wondering is it better to pay accomodation in installments or pay the whole sum upfront?
    Hi Well i'm paying in installments but I guess it depends on what is best for you and your parents. I guess paying upfront you have peace of mind that everything is paid off but then others, like myself, may opt for for installments because it's more convenient.

Oh and just a quick question for everyone.
    I was just wondering when people were signing the tenants agreement did they leave the 'Signed for and behalf of the Licensor' blank? The licensor is Unite so I think it's kept blank but then it says 'on behalf' So i'm officially confused!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojayne)
    Hi Well i'm paying in installments but I guess it depends on what is best for you and your parents. I guess paying upfront you have peace of mind that everything is paid off but then others, like myself, may opt for for installments because it's more convenient.

Oh and just a quick question for everyone.
    I was just wondering when people were signing the tenants agreement did they leave the 'Signed for and behalf of the Licensor' blank? The licensor is Unite so I think it's kept blank but then it says 'on behalf' So i'm officially confused!
    Yeah I got pretty confused too. You leave it blank.

Yeah I'm paying my fees up front, like you said, peace of mind
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Yeah I got pretty confused too. You leave it blank.

Yeah I'm paying my fees up front, like you said, peace of mind
    Thanks! especially for replying so quick
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojayne)
    Thanks! especially for replying so quick
    No problem. I've gone through the same application process, just a month earlier lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scbond)
    Trying to prove a point or something?!
    Not at all! o_o Just saying :<

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.