The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Adult Nursing @ Salford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura120792
hey, have you heard back from salford yet??

Nope :/ haha, have you?
I've emailed three times (no reply) and rung once. Apparently my application is still being considered, but that was 3+ weeks ago ^_^
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Nope :/ haha, have you?
I've emailed three times (no reply) and rung once. Apparently my application is still being considered, but that was 3+ weeks ago ^_^

no, not yet, maybe there's been a delay with the interview dates - I emailed someone from salford last week and got an automatic response saying they were away til a set date, cant believe you havent heard yet, fingers crossed you will soon! I saw you had an interview at notts, how do you think it went? :smile:
no, not yet, maybe there's been a delay with the interview dates - I emailed someone from salford last week and got an automatic response saying they were away til a set date, cant believe you havent heard yet, fingers crossed you will soon! I saw you had an interview at notts, how do you think it went? :smile:

Ahh, well at least I'm not the only one :smile:
I think it went okay :smile:. Don't think I'll find out until May though, same with MMU! I don't know if I'll be able to do the MA at Salford anyway due to the funding, I'd have to move there to be able to do it :/ but I'll keep it as an option :smile:
Have you had any interviews / offers? :smile:
Ahh, well at least I'm not the only one :smile:
I think it went okay :smile:. Don't think I'll find out until May though, same with MMU! I don't know if I'll be able to do the MA at Salford anyway due to the funding, I'd have to move there to be able to do it :/ but I'll keep it as an option :smile:
Have you had any interviews / offers? :smile:

oh nooo, I had my interview at salford at the end of march, just waiting now! and I had one at ljmu last week and got an interview at chester on wednesday :smile:
Oh no, you'll still be able to get a bursary for it though :smile: you had any other interviews apart from mmu and notts?
oh nooo, I had my interview at salford at the end of march, just waiting now! and I had one at ljmu last week and got an interview at chester on wednesday :smile:
Oh no, you'll still be able to get a bursary for it though :smile: you had any other interviews apart from mmu and notts?

Oh wow :smile: how did it go? What was it like?
I don't get how I applied in November and haven't heard anything, not even been rejected XD
I was rejected from LJMU, it made me laugh cause they said I didn't show any passion for health visiting :') I had no idea that it was a health visiting course and am not interested in health visiting so that was fine! But well done for you :smile: I wish I'd applied to Chester, such a lovely town and my friend was telling me how nice the nursing campus is. :frown: :smile:
Mm but the bursary is all you get and I don't think I'd have enough to live on :/ the undergraduates are funded by SFE as well so financially better off. :smile:
Can't remember if I told you but I had an interview for Manchester Uni 6/03/2013, passed the interview and the English test, just needed one more mark on the maths test </3 absolutely gutted, I am still recovering lol.
So yeah other than that I'm just waiting for MMU and Notts to make their decisions :smile: maybe Salford will give me an interview, who knows!
So where is your first choice? :smile:
Oh wow :smile: how did it go? What was it like?
I don't get how I applied in November and haven't heard anything, not even been rejected XD
I was rejected from LJMU, it made me laugh cause they said I didn't show any passion for health visiting :') I had no idea that it was a health visiting course and am not interested in health visiting so that was fine! But well done for you :smile: I wish I'd applied to Chester, such a lovely town and my friend was telling me how nice the nursing campus is. :frown: :smile:
Mm but the bursary is all you get and I don't think I'd have enough to live on :/ the undergraduates are funded by SFE as well so financially better off. :smile:
Can't remember if I told you but I had an interview for Manchester Uni 6/03/2013, passed the interview and the English test, just needed one more mark on the maths test </3 absolutely gutted, I am still recovering lol.
So yeah other than that I'm just waiting for MMU and Notts to make their decisions :smile: maybe Salford will give me an interview, who knows!
So where is your first choice? :smile:

It went ok, I think, I think I told you how it went earlier in this thread.. not quite sure :P I'm sure you'll hear soon though! think when I was at my interview they told me it would be mid may til I heat due to future interview dates, so still time!
haha yeah its a 2+1 course, you dont have to do the health visiting, they give you the option to after you finish nursing but they give priority to those who want to go into health visiting, I didnt want to do health visiting til I went to the open day for it.
Oh no! that must be so devastating! was the maths test on snap?
My first choice at the minute is chester..so no pressure for tomorrow xD
Reply 166
Has anyone comfirmed this uni for september intake? :smile:! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went ok, I think, I think I told you how it went earlier in this thread.. not quite sure :P I'm sure you'll hear soon though! think when I was at my interview they told me it would be mid may til I heat due to future interview dates, so still time!
haha yeah its a 2+1 course, you dont have to do the health visiting, they give you the option to after you finish nursing but they give priority to those who want to go into health visiting, I didnt want to do health visiting til I went to the open day for it.
Oh no! that must be so devastating! was the maths test on snap?
My first choice at the minute is chester..so no pressure for tomorrow xD

Ohh, haha, you probably did - I was under the impression that you were still waiting for a response for some reason! I will give them another week and then I may enquire again. Silly Salford. :P
Mid-May is a long time to wait from March!
Ah I see :smile: I was just happy that they took the time to write some feedback on why I wasn't successful, otherwise I would have been wondering!
It really was. Yeah it was a SN@P test - I hear Salford use those too. =/ You'd think though cause they liked me at interview and everything else, 1 mark on a maths test wouldn't matter. :P Oh well no use dwelling on it.
Ah I don't blame you for Chester, I bet it's really nice to study there :smile: good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:
Are you moving out and just living off the bursary ?
Ohh, haha, you probably did - I was under the impression that you were still waiting for a response for some reason! I will give them another week and then I may enquire again. Silly Salford. :P
Mid-May is a long time to wait from March!
Ah I see :smile: I was just happy that they took the time to write some feedback on why I wasn't successful, otherwise I would have been wondering!
It really was. Yeah it was a SN@P test - I hear Salford use those too. =/ You'd think though cause they liked me at interview and everything else, 1 mark on a maths test wouldn't matter. :P Oh well no use dwelling on it.
Ah I don't blame you for Chester, I bet it's really nice to study there :smile: good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:
Are you moving out and just living off the bursary ?

Yeah, I'd ask again next week, they might just be busy sorting out interviews or something!
ah no, salford dont use them, I had an interview for midwifery at uni of manchester and had to use the snap - Its probably changed since my interview but they said due to it being the first year they were using snap they werent gonna be too strict on the marking :/ so yeah, its a shame with you being great in interview!

Aw, thank you, yeah, Ive not actually been to an open day or anything, so I'll get a proper feel for it tomorrow :smile: I've heard its really nice though and the nursing courses are really good.
for ljmu and salford I'll just be living off the bursary, but chester is a bsc so i can get student finance for that :smile:
Yeah, I'd ask again next week, they might just be busy sorting out interviews or something!
ah no, salford dont use them, I had an interview for midwifery at uni of manchester and had to use the snap - Its probably changed since my interview but they said due to it being the first year they were using snap they werent gonna be too strict on the marking :/ so yeah, its a shame with you being great in interview!

Aw, thank you, yeah, Ive not actually been to an open day or anything, so I'll get a proper feel for it tomorrow :smile: I've heard its really nice though and the nursing courses are really good.
for ljmu and salford I'll just be living off the bursary, but chester is a bsc so i can get student finance for that :smile:

Aye. :smile:
Ohh fair enough. I know the undergrad have a maths and english test so I just assumed it was sn@p :smile:
Ugh :/ what made you change from midwifery to adult nursing?
It's annoying cause Manchester Uni said that it's a requirement of the NMC to do these sn@p tests, however MMU didn't use them and Nottingham didn't either lol. I did email the admissions officer last night after replying to you to see if they would reconsider me but apparently they can't consider me twice. I figured cause they have places in Extra that they might but nooope. Fussy. Lol.
I've been to Chester city centre.. It's really nice :smile: my friend was describing the nursing campus, apparently it's in the rural bit and really quiet. Perfect when you're up at 5am or whatever, lol. Really wish I'd applied!
I hope it goes well for you though, I'm sure it will :smile: having a degree and a few more years life experience puts you at an advantage to the a-level applicants
Aye. :smile:
Ohh fair enough. I know the undergrad have a maths and english test so I just assumed it was sn@p :smile:
Ugh :/ what made you change from midwifery to adult nursing?
It's annoying cause Manchester Uni said that it's a requirement of the NMC to do these sn@p tests, however MMU didn't use them and Nottingham didn't either lol. I did email the admissions officer last night after replying to you to see if they would reconsider me but apparently they can't consider me twice. I figured cause they have places in Extra that they might but nooope. Fussy. Lol.
I've been to Chester city centre.. It's really nice :smile: my friend was describing the nursing campus, apparently it's in the rural bit and really quiet. Perfect when you're up at 5am or whatever, lol. Really wish I'd applied!
I hope it goes well for you though, I'm sure it will :smile: having a degree and a few more years life experience puts you at an advantage to the a-level applicants

Yeah, I think maths and english are requirements of the nmc but it doesnt have to be snap. Think in my interview letter from chester, they mentioned snap but apparently its paper form :s-smilie: Aw no, I cant believe they wont reconsider you :frown: manchester is so tough to get in to! dont feel too bad, you did so well to impress them in interview!
I've been to chester zoo before but never been around the city! aw, do they not have anything through extra?
aw yeah, well, we'll see :smile: not sure what to expect cos its a group interview and we've already been given the question!
Yeah, I think maths and english are requirements of the nmc but it doesnt have to be snap. Think in my interview letter from chester, they mentioned snap but apparently its paper form :s-smilie: Aw no, I cant believe they wont reconsider you :frown: manchester is so tough to get in to! dont feel too bad, you did so well to impress them in interview!
I've been to chester zoo before but never been around the city! aw, do they not have anything through extra?
aw yeah, well, we'll see :smile: not sure what to expect cos its a group interview and we've already been given the question!

Ahh, fair enough :smile:
Ohh dear! Probably similar questions then.
Yeah I'm happy to get as far as the interview stage, they reject thousands for interview.
Nah Chester is closed for Extra, I had a look. You have to withdraw all your other choices though before using it which I probably wouldn't do just in case I lose a place altogether lol. But it will be an option if I don't get any offers :smile:
I much prefer group interviews! I think just research the question and anything else they may ask about it. Dress smartly. Contribute to the discussion but don't dominate :smile: yada yada yada :biggrin:
Original post by Sam00
I have an Offer for Mental Health Nursing at Salford for the March 2014 entry, I am still waiting on Chester and Stafford and have had a rejection from Keele.

Congrats! When did you get your offer?
Reply 173
Is anyone living in at salford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Just had an interview today and got an offer! Is there any forums or facebook groups for those starting September? X
im looking for one as well to try and get to know people. I had an interview on the 1st of this month and got my offer for September last week. so excited to get started x
Reply 176
Original post by skershaw1990
im looking for one as well to try and get to know people. I had an interview on the 1st of this month and got my offer for September last week. so excited to get started x

only just saw this! there's a fb group : Salford university: Adult Student Nurses September 13
if you've not found it yet! x
does anyone know what grants and loans we are entitled to? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending