The Student Room Group

BBC: Newham Council accused of 'social cleansing' of tenants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Nobody has any choice in whether they pay for it, though. If you don't pay your tax, you're liable to go to prison.

I see no difference from someone mugging you.

Pay up, or I hurt you / pay up, or I take your freedom.

The two are equally as bad.

Your acting as if your money pays for all benefits. It doesn't. It pays towards the; NHS, MPs and there second homes, Bankers, Police, Army, Etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HarryPotterFanx
Your acting as if your money pays for all benefits. It doesn't. It pays towards the; NHS, MPs and there second homes, Bankers, Police, Army, Etc.

I was just about to say this myself I think they are just caught up in their own snobbish classism as they keep choosing to ignore this even though i have pointed it out numerous times
Original post by HarryPotterFanx

I don't believe in the NHS.

I do think that MPs need paying, otherwise only the rich could be MPs and surely you wouldn't want that? I get a material benefit from there being MPs; there is someone to represent my views in Parliament.

The banks did need bailing out otherwise the consequences would've been disastrous for not only the UK but the world. It's important to remember that the banks contribute enourmously to the UK economy.

And obviously we need the police and the army to defend us. They keep me safe.

But I don't see what I get from paying for benefits.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
I was just about to say this myself I think they are just caught up in their own snobbish classism as they keep choosing to ignore this even though i have pointed it out numerous times

Your point doesn't matter, though. The fact that they pay for many things does not change the fact that I do not believe in paying for some of those things. Taxes would be a lot lower if we didn't have so many things to pay for.

The only things I think the state should pay for are the police, the emergency services and the army.

I don't see the need for them to pay for anything else.
I don't believe in the NHS.

I do think that MPs need paying, otherwise only the rich could be MPs and surely you wouldn't want that? I get a material benefit from there being MPs; there is someone to represent my views in Parliament.

The banks did need bailing out otherwise the consequences would've been disastrous for not only the UK but the world. It's important to remember that the banks contribute enourmously to the UK economy.

And obviously we need the police and the army to defend us. They keep me safe.

But I don't see what I get from paying for benefits.

you really arnt very bright are you? scrap benefits and it would affect you when poverty and homelessness went through the roof resulting in the country being blighted with crime, a lot more drug addicts= a lot more burglaries and robberies, needing more police, society becoming a hell hole. your on mars mate. you might not care about those people but it will affect your taxes and maybe even safety if it got to bad. you care about that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Your point doesn't matter, though. The fact that they pay for many things does not change the fact that I do not believe in paying for some of those things. Taxes would be a lot lower if we didn't have so many things to pay for.

The only things I think the state should pay for are the police, the emergency services and the army.

I don't see the need for them to pay for anything else.

So only people that can afford it should be entitled to education, shelter, clothes, food etc?

You're attitude towards your fellow man is appalling.
Is there some reason you can't live in that area? Or do you just not want to?

I can't afford deposit or a months rent in advance or hiring a man with van.

I did have the funds to move till someone did identity theft on me and stole thousands from my bank account and got loads of credit in my name meaning I cant get a overdraft temp to pay back.
Of course it's my bloody money, I earn it and the government takes it from me.

Where on earth do you think it comes from?

i can only say i hope you never have a freak accident and lose a limb or go blind or have anything else happen to you that isnt your fault that means you can not work anymore.

you will be eating your own sweaty socks then. it will be 'i paid for these through my taxes!!!' - so have loads and loads of others on benefits.

what about a sick child whos parent has paid loads in tax but now has to claim benefits for them selves and their sick child because they have to look after them? should they be forced out in the street starving and cold? you do not think at all mate
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by original_username
So only people that can afford it should be entitled to education, shelter, clothes, food etc?

I find it a little difficult to feel insulted by someone that can't spell.
i can only say i hope you never have a freak accident and lose a limb or go blind or have anything else happen to you that isnt your fault that means you can not work anymore.

you will be eating your own sweaty socks then. it will be 'i paid for these through my taxes!!!' - so have loads and loads of others on benefits.

what about a sick child whos parent has paid loads in tax but now has to claim benefits for them selves and their sick child because they have to look after them? should they be forced out in the street starving and cold? you do not think at all mate

I do think.

I simply don't care.

It is immaterial to me.

I'm a sensible and healthy person so I think the chances of myself becoming incapacitated are relatively low - though if it does happen I must accept it - these are the vicissitudes of life.
Original post by drbluebox
I can't afford deposit or a months rent in advance or hiring a man with van.

I did have the funds to move till someone did identity theft on me and stole thousands from my bank account and got loads of credit in my name meaning I cant get a overdraft temp to pay back.

Why not sue?
I do think.

I simply don't care.

It is immaterial to me.

I'm a sensible and healthy person so I think the chances of myself becoming incapacitated are relatively low - though if it does happen I must accept it - these are the vicissitudes of life.

tell that to the rugby player who ended up paralysed and made a visit to the Dignitas clinic.

you are extremely ignorant

oh well have fun paying your taxes, the most solace i find in it is that it is, in no matter how small amounts going to those who need it and who would be suffering without. our country is better than that, thank god you are not in power
(edited 12 years ago)
tell that to the rugby player who ended up paralysed and made a visit to the Dignitas clinic.

oh well have fun paying your taxes, the most solace i find in it is that it is in no matter how small amounts going to those who need it and who would be suffering without. our country is better than that, thank god you are not in power

Yet.

oh well have fun paying your taxes, the most solace i find in it is that it is in no matter how small amounts going to those who need it and who would be suffering without. our country is better than that, thank god you are not in power

If I ever became disabled like that I would want to kill myself too, to be honest. I wouldn't want to live like that.
Yet.

god, you really are that deluded.

to your other post i honestly cannot be bothered discussing this with you further your views stink of a classist stuck up keyboard warrior.

so realistically if this happened which it could (i think you are about 17/18 and unaware of your own mortality) you would set up outside disabled and freeze, eat out of bins whilst wheeling around in your wheelchair probably being abused by people?

sure you'd love that. feel like throwing up after talking to you
god, you really are that deluded.

to your other post i honestly cannot be bothered discussing this with you further your views stink of a classist stuck up keyboard warrior.

so realistically if this happened which it could (i think you are about 17/18 and unaware of your own mortality) you would set up outside disabled and freeze, eat out of bins whilst wheeling around in your wheelchair probably being abused by people?

sure you'd love that. feel like throwing up after talking to you

If you despise me so greatly why do you continue to reply to me? I don't quite understand that mentality. Are you unwell?
I find it a little difficult to feel insulted by someone that can't spell.

Touché.

A momentary lapse in grammatical concentration is forgiveable, I'll get over it.

I wasn't trying to insult you anyway, if I wanted to do that I would have called you an ignorant bum hole. Care to respond to the first part of the post you quoted rather than scoring petty grammar points on the internetz?
Reply 117
Original post by meenu89
I agree with both of these.

Do you fancy the Mayor of London?
Original post by original_username

Yes, basically.

Seems fair to me that if you want something you ought to pay for it.
Yet.

Good luck walking past this lot after lectures are over.

They'll want everything you've got on you from your phone to your underwear, once you take away all state benefits. It'll become a matter of survival for them once your sanctions come into action.

We'll be seeing more of this too, :mob:

Then you'll stand by, with no underwear, and watch your adopted city burn down to the ground. :mwuaha:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending