Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Shared) Accommodation Oppertunity in Coventry.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    -Thread closed-.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have also been thinking about renting a room supplied by "Study Inn" but I think that there are better options out there
    Me and 2 friends are looking for a house to rent in Coventry and we are still searching for more persons the more the better xD rent is cheaper and i also think that is better to be with more people around. We don`t have much money so this option is perfect for us.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That sounds lekker enough, What house did you have in Mind? (Just wondering if I could get a look at it). And what are your friends like, I mean the biggest deal for me is that I don't want to be around drugs, get enough of it In Africa, trying to escape y'know? haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floridfist)
    That sounds lekker enough, What house did you have in Mind? (Just wondering if I could get a look at it). And what are your friends like, I mean the biggest deal for me is that I don't want to be around drugs, get enough of it In Africa, trying to escape y'know? haha
    We found many web sites offering houses for rent in Coventry but we don`t talk about that yet because the most important thing for us now is to pass our exams xD
    Well they are very cool ppl they don`t use drugs at all ( drugs are not so common in my country xD )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bog)
    We found many web sites offering houses for rent in Coventry but we don`t talk about that yet because the most important thing for us now is to pass our exams xD
    Well they are very cool ppl they don`t use drugs at all ( drugs are not so common in my country xD )
    Oh awesome haha, where are you from? And how are your exams going anyway?
    And I'm kind of nervous whenever I'm in the UK, with it being the drug capital of Europe and all that nonsense. But I guess I'm just being stereotypical, which is wrong of me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome haha, where are you from? And how are your exams going anyway?
    And I'm kind of nervous whenever I'm in the UK, with it being the drug capital of Europe and all that nonsense. But I guess I'm just being stereotypical, which is wrong of me.
    I`m from Romania ! I`m learning like crazy xD haha xD hopefully i will get high mark:-S
    What about your exams?
    UK the drug capital of Europe?! Hmm I always thought that Amsterdam is the drug capital of Europe haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bog)
    I`m from Romania ! I`m learning like crazy xD haha xD hopefully i will get high mark:-S
    What about your exams?
    UK the drug capital of Europe?! Hmm I always thought that Amsterdam is the drug capital of Europe haha
    Haha, hate to shock you :P But UK has the highest drug user av. of All EU nationals. with something stupid like 8 in 10 people aged between 16 - 34 having used cocaine xD
    And I finished last year, just took a year out to train and what not. I finished with high grades though. Studied forensic sciences (hence my interest in the UK drug statistics).
    How about you, what are you studying? It's awesome that you're from Romania, My ex was Romanian, great person.

Sorry for the late reply.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, hate to shock you :P But UK has the highest drug user av. of All EU nationals. with something stupid like 8 in 10 people aged between 16 - 34 having used cocaine xD
    And I finished last year, just took a year out to train and what not. I finished with high grades though. Studied forensic sciences (hence my interest in the UK drug statistics).
    How about you, what are you studying? It's awesome that you're from Romania, My ex was Romanian, great person.

Sorry for the late reply.
    You seem to know so much about this subject :> haha
    I`m in my last year of higschool and I have my final exams in 1 month :O and if I pass them with minimum 8 out of 10 I can say I`m officially studying at Coventry
    Your ex was romanian?!:OOO WOOOW xD I`m surprised

Don`t worry =D!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Yeah she's a lead singer in a romanian metal band (or so she claimed). I've got a lot of their songs but I don't know what the hell they're saying in them xD

Best of luck with your exams man! If you make it, I'll definately see you at Coventry :P Looking foward to heading to the UK?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Yeah she's a lead singer in a romanian metal band (or so she claimed). I've got a lot of their songs but I don't know what the hell they're saying in them xD

Best of luck with your exams man! If you make it, I'll definately see you at Coventry :P Looking foward to heading to the UK?
    That sounds interesting Didn`t she learn you romanian ? haha
    Thank you dude!!
    Hey man, don`t you have msn?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A fellow South African that's going to be studying at COU in September. I've already got my Bachelors degree and will be doing a Bsc next. I am strongly considering study inn being from the mother city I would like the study inn type accommodation however I'm weighing it up with being far from home and wanting to make new friends. Its a massive investment the exchange rate ZAR-GBP is substantial.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is study inn legit in nottingham?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSA Thabo)
    A fellow South African that's going to be studying at COU in September. I've already got my Bachelors degree and will be doing a Bsc next. I am strongly considering study inn being from the mother city I would like the study inn type accommodation however I'm weighing it up with being far from home and wanting to make new friends. Its a massive investment the exchange rate ZAR-GBP is substantial.
    Sorry for the late reply boet, I've been busy as hell making plans and what not. Where abouts in SA are you from? =)
    I'm no longer looking for someone to share a room with, I've opted to use the halls of residence but it is always beneficial to make connections before I get to Uni. What is your Bachelors in?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply boet, I've been busy as hell making plans and what not. Where abouts in SA are you from? =)
    I'm no longer looking for someone to share a room with, I've opted to use the halls of residence but it is always beneficial to make connections before I get to Uni. What is your Bachelors in?
    No problem I know how it gets. I have a Bachelor in Business Administration. I'm in jozi live in Sandton where is SA are you? What made you choose halls of residence instead? I'm thinking Trinity or Study Inn. Have you organised your study VISA I'll get the ball rolling in June.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No problem I know how it gets. I have a Bachelor in Business Administration. I'm in jozi live in Sandton where is SA are you? What made you choose halls of residence instead? I'm thinking Trinity or Study Inn. Have you organised your study VISA I'll get the ball rolling in June.
    Ah, my study visa isn't a problem. I am in the fortunate position of having dual naitionality due to my mother being British. I decided to go with halls of residence simply cause it's less hassle and y'know sharing is risky business, To my mind anyway.

I'm from Alberton in Jo'burg! That's lekker man we could have met up sometime if we had known we'd both be going to uni haha, I'm in the UK at the moment settling in for Uni. Gratz on the Bachelors aswell. Nice to know I won't be the only one surrounded by the Larnies of the UK eh? =P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol yes it will be good to have a fellow South African there. Are you already in Coventry? i will be come up for the open day on June 16th then I’ll fly back i want to see what the course has to offer in person. I also don’t want to share let me know how the experience at the Halls are.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol yes it will be good to have a fellow South African there. Are you already in Coventry? i will be come up for the open day on June 16th then I’ll fly back i want to see what the course has to offer in person. I also don’t want to share let me know how the experience at the Halls are.
    I'm not in coventry right now, I'm currently spending time in my mothers hometown and just training keeping myself fresh. I think you will like the uni, it has quite an impact when you're stood in the centre haha
    Speaking of travelling over, when you head over (in september, if you decide to come here to uni), how much would I have to bribe you to get some dried mango, biltong and dry wors? Missing the home comforts man
    Hehe
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming over next week for the open day to check out the area. Lol I would gladly bring up some stuff but we all know how customs is about food.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming over next week for the open day to check out the area. Lol I would gladly bring up some stuff but we all know how customs is about food.
    Eugh tell me about it. But on the plus side you'll get to see how Lax UK customs are =P. Two pathways "nothing to declare" or "items to declare". You just stroll through "nothing to declare". No joke.

Enjoy it, it had me laughing my ass off first time I came over haha

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.