The Student Room Group

Higr Modern Studies - the DME

Just as a last minute revision technique for the DME (Paper 2), can anyone who does higher modern studies just reply with a piece of background knowledge that you have. You can learn new things from others or give others some statistic that could be very useful in the final exam. If used correctly this could work well:

- Smoking ban introduced in Scotland in 2006
- In the first year 15,000 Scottish smokers gave up (2006-7)
- Of smokers who go to quit smoking clinics, 50% actually give up.

[Reply with some Bk)
Reply 1
In relation to the DME topic, during my double period of Modern Studies today my teacher suggested that the DME may be about Child Benefit this year, although she also said that she could be completely wrong. She mainly thought that it could be about Child Benefit due to the current negotiations of cuts on the benefit in England. (Just thought this was something to mention) :beard:

>Scotland is second to the USA in obesity levels
>Jamie Oliver set up his campaign for healthy school meals to reduce obesity levels at younger ages
>*There has been recent news of possible cuts on Child Benefit in England for children that do not attend school*
Original post by Nfergs
In relation to the DME topic, during my double period of Modern Studies today my teacher suggested that the DME may be about Child Benefit this year, although she also said that she could be completely wrong. She mainly thought that it could be about Child Benefit due to the current negotiations of cuts on the benefit in England. (Just thought this was something to mention) :beard:

That's interesting, ours seem to suggest that it will be a one about consulting charges due to the reforms, kind of feel sorry for the M.S teachers really, it's an incredibly difficult thing to guess! :tongue:
Reply 3
Teachers at my school are thinking it is going to be a health DME this year because it seems to follow a pattern of wealth one year and health the next year and last year was minimum wage (wealth).
Reply 4
Original post by scottish19
Teachers at my school are thinking it is going to be a health DME this year because it seems to follow a pattern of wealth one year and health the next year and last year was minimum wage (wealth).

As long as I get to mention anything about obesity or Jamie Oliver, I don't mind what the hell it is about! :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest