The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys,

Been thinking about wood lane... n was wondering whether anyone knows whether there is anything other than the standard academic year agreement...like a 6months one kinda thing? I'm sure the official line will be no, but what do they do if u bail half way through? or have part of ur studies/research abroad?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Also does anyone have an alternative tel number for gradpad from the one on their website? i've been trying to get hold of them for the last few days...but no joy so far :frown:
Reply 42
Guys,

I am not from the UK, and this would be my first stay in the UK.

I don't feel so good about paying the full rent without checking the accommodation firsthand! It's quite expensive to take such action!

Also, what if I had to cancel my stay for any reason at the middle of the contract, I would lose all my money!

what do you guys think? I have been trying to contact Gradpad for ages with no luck! (which is also scary as well)
Reply 43
Original post by nasserzlm
Guys,

I am not from the UK, and this would be my first stay in the UK.

I don't feel so good about paying the full rent without checking the accommodation firsthand! It's quite expensive to take such action!

Also, what if I had to cancel my stay for any reason at the middle of the contract, I would lose all my money!

what do you guys think? I have been trying to contact Gradpad for ages with no luck! (which is also scary as well)

Hey, I managed to get through to gradpad in the end. they responded to their websites live chat function (via email not actually a live chat). Also imperial accom office helped with a few direct email adresses. I also asked them about leaving early if i do part of my research abroad, n they said it is possible so long as u find someone to take ur room... n they would try to help with adveryising it to other students too. It seems other people have managed it in the past.
As for actually seeing it....i've signed up without seeing it purely based on their photos and what other people have said on here... i have seen what private acomodation can look like in london and it isnt pretty so you shouldnt worry i think it should be really nice accomodation considering what we're paying for it!
They are starting to fill up fast now...so the only way around it is that ur deposit is 500...u have a 14day cooling off period in which u can change ur mind and get 400 back if thats the case...and get to london and have a look within that period if you're still unsure?
Reply 44
Original post by ohana01
Hi Everyone!
I've actually booked a room at Wood Lane Studios but am looking to actually live closer to my school. If anyone is interested, or knows anyone, in wanting to booking here, please let me know. I've barely unpacked and have not used any of the cabinets, kitchen facilities, etc. In order for me to leave as I have already signed contract, I would need to find a replacement. This is something that I was planning on doing later as well due to classes being at another campus.
Wood Lane Studios is a really nice place and the staff here are very helpful and nice. Please let me know as soon as you can if there is interest as I can set-up an email with the booking team directly.

Hey I am looking to move to woodlane but there are no 214 pounds rooms left. If this is what you currently have (or max the 234) then I would be willing to take over the contract. Let me know ASAP!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by ohana01
Hi Everyone!
I've actually booked a room at Wood Lane Studios but am looking to actually live closer to my school. If anyone is interested, or knows anyone, in wanting to booking here, please let me know. I've barely unpacked and have not used any of the cabinets, kitchen facilities, etc. In order for me to leave as I have already signed contract, I would need to find a replacement. This is something that I was planning on doing later as well due to classes being at another campus.
Wood Lane Studios is a really nice place and the staff here are very helpful and nice. Please let me know as soon as you can if there is interest as I can set-up an email with the booking team directly.

Hi I am actually looking to move to gradpad woodlane but there are no £214 rooms left. If this is what you have or max the 234 then I would be willing to take over the contract. Pls let me know ASAP!
Reply 46
PM'd you Zubbykols! :smile:
Reply 47
Hey, got it. Thanks for letting me know. Just booked Wood Lane now too. Hope its as nice as the pictures?
Reply 48
I can set the email up if you let me know your details. Just PM'd you back!
Hey,
those of you that are already there (lucky ones :smile: ), are there any washing machines inside the buildings? I guess not as they're not mentioned at facilities, however it would be such a pleasant surprise if there were...
Reply 50
Just wondering, is there anyone else who for some reason or other would like to transfer contract like Ohana did ? I'm looking for a place at Woodlane or Battersea mainly - £200 or less when factoring in the £25 bursary.

I'm in the same situation as some people above - haven't seen the place apart from the website photos, but overall it looks good, although still bit meh re the up-front payment. Contacted their team yesterday (third phone call lucky + e-mail) and they explained that washing machines in griffon are pay per use, and irons etc are free.

What time are you guys planning on moving in ?

Also, will most likely be cycling to South Kensington, how feasible would that be when factoring in London weather (sunny over here in Malta!)

Cheers!
Reply 51
Hey, there are washing machines n driers available. First wash is free, £2.20 a go after that. Boards and irons available for free. An easy way to ask these questions is to Gradpad themselves via their page on a popular social media site who's name I'm not allowed to mention on this forum. There are also useful links on there. Sorry for being cryptic, am on a "last warning".
Reply 52
I've stayed now Dakkadakka. I removed my original post just in case anyone had enquiries.
Next year I'll have to re-visit finding a replacement again if I decide to switch campuses since my school has the opportunity to rotate to other locations.
Reply 53
Original post by ohana01
I've stayed now Dakkadakka. I removed my original post just in case anyone had enquiries.
Next year I'll have to re-visit finding a replacement again if I decide to switch campuses since my school has the opportunity to rotate to other locations.

Cheers for the reply Ohana - I've booked a room at orient house in the meanwhile, overall looks fairly good and not bad at £170/week when bursary is factored in.

Enjoy Wood Lane and Uni!
Might be a weird question; are these places noisy from the trains/road/neighboring rooms? I've just left a converted victorian town house because the noise of footsteps upstairs woke me up all the time so this is a particular issue to me right now... thanks in advance.
Reply 55
Just a quick question. How
Flexible are with the
Guest policy? I mean if my sister or a friend came from my home country for 5-7 days is it possible to stay with me? I saw that the maximum is 3 days but from your experience is it possible to skip it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Hi.
I'm thinking to apply for a room at Griffon, but I would stay only until April/May, do you think it will be easy to find someone to take my room for the rest of the months? Do you know anione who could/couldn't find someone? Do you think it is too risky?

Reply 57
I think Clayponds was the best option for postgrads. Closing it down was so unwise from IC. Other options available for now are very expensive compared to Clayponds and I find it weird that they didn't offer other alternatives which are roughly at the same prices.
anybody knows what this means:

"Tenant - To provide 2 copies of proof of ID and 2 passport sized photographs. 1 must be photo-ID and the other must be proof of address."

from what I see I have to send them two copies of my passport and two passport size pictures, right?
Reply 59
Original post by salvatore270
anybody knows what this means:

"Tenant - To provide 2 copies of proof of ID and 2 passport sized photographs. 1 must be photo-ID and the other must be proof of address."

from what I see I have to send them two copies of my passport and two passport size pictures, right?

Hi,

I was scratching my head over the same thing last night. My passport doesn't display my address so I've decided to send 2 copies of my passport and 2 copies of my driving license (which has my photo and my address) and they can use whatever they want. As for the passport sized photos... I'm going to seek out a booth today!

Where are you intending on going? I'm down for Wood Lane....

Latest

Trending

Trending