Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Real Madrid v Bayern München, 25/04/12, 19:45, ITV1

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Everyone said ramires was average a week ago until the barca match, oh well, anyway we have players that can come in for him, he is our best player though who isn't a defender that's for sure. You forget about drogba, mata, sturridge, lampard who can hurt bayern offensively, bayern's defence isn't the best, we probably have a better defence than bayerns and the defending in that match was terrible until madrid got tired so it's an even game, nearly every game chelsea have played in the CL we've been underdogs but somehow we're in the final.
    Lol, you're overhyping Chelsea's squad compared to Bayern.

Bayern beats Chelsea in almost every department. I said in previous threads that Chelsea would get into the final and so too would Bayern.

However, playing at home is such a major advantage; I can't see Chelsea being able to take it to Bayern.

Why are you using the Real game as an example of Bayern's defensive capabilities? It was end-to-end football. In the Chelsea game, their main tactic was to defend.

Try and take things into context...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Everyone said ramires was average a week ago until the barca match, oh well, anyway we have players that can come in for him, he is our best player though who isn't a defender that's for sure. You forget about drogba, mata, sturridge, lampard who can hurt bayern offensively, bayern's defence isn't the best, we probably have a better defence than bayerns and the defending in that match was terrible until madrid got tired so it's an even game, nearly every game chelsea have played in the CL we've been underdogs but somehow we're in the final.
    How ignorant. Unless Chelsea resort to their pathetic parking the bus tactics they will get destroyed. How you believe your makeshift defence will be able to handle Robben, Ribery and Gomez is hilarious.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    How ignorant. Unless Chelsea resort to their pathetic parking the bus tactics they will get destroyed. How you believe your makeshift defence will be able to handle Robben, Ribery and Gomez is hilarious.
    I wouldn't say destroyed, but indeed they will have a tough time dealing with that trio.

Ribery is a beast at home.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Their going to put 10 man in the box maybe that could work. Bayern however are missing a lot of defenders to although not as key.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Their going to put 10 man in the box maybe that could work. Bayern however are missing a lot of defenders to although not as key.
    Exactly. I don't think people realise Bayern's makeshift defence is better than Chelsea's makeshift defence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Chelsea gonna bother coming out their own half for the final or they gonna sit ****ing each other off in the box again ?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guess so is Ronaldo and Kaka as well right? Those penalties were pretty crucial and put in some pressure. Besides by your argument Penalties are luck therefore Messi's miss was down to unluckiness. Make the same rules for all players, Kaka and Ronaldo missed penalties it was just unlucky, Messi missed one therefore he is a choker and flop. Yeah good logic :rollseyes:
    Messi missed a far more important penalty in the game which equates to a far higher level of chokedness in my eyes. Ronaldo scored 2 goals so not really choking there, Kaka shouldn't have been playing and is somewhat of a choker. Hope that's all cleared up now...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Messi missed a far more important penalty in the game which equates to a far higher level of chokedness in my eyes. Ronaldo scored 2 goals so not really choking there, Kaka shouldn't have been playing and is somewhat of a choker. Hope that's all cleared up now...
    Wait wait wait? Messi missed a far more important penalty? Ronaldo did nothing in the game besides score a penalty which wasnt a penalty what a surprise and an offside goal. He set the tone for the penalty shootout by fluffing his lines, his choke is no better then Messi's if your going to criticize Messi for missing a penalty well then Ronaldo gets the same treatment along with Kaka.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo is now 0-2 in penalty shootouts to me thats pretty big level of Choke. Scores penalties when theres no pressure but when the boiler turns up whoooops...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    BAYERN MUNCHEN!!!

Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi all miss penalties last 3 world players of the year what the actual hell.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    Scores penalties when theres no pressure...
    :lolwut:.

Had he missed that pen, Bayern would've went through. Without it going to ET.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    Ronaldo is now 0-2 in penalty shootouts to me thats pretty big level of Choke. Scores penalties when theres no pressure but when the boiler turns up whoooops...
    Penalty shoot-outs are just so unnatural though (kinda like your hair). It's not even the pressure a such, just the fact that it's so easy to be thrown of your stride, which wouldn't happen in a match.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a German I actually love how most people on this thread seem to regard German players to be some kind of almost impeccable penalty machines Throughout the history of modern football Germany was always known for producing exceptional goalkeepers (Oliver Kahn probably being the most famous example) and Neuer was quite strong, but I've never noticed German players to have above average aiming accuracy.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    :lolwut:.

Had he missed that pen, Bayern would've went through. Without it going to ET.
    I think she means the penalty shootout. There would have hardly been any pressure the first one since they were all over them at that point and there was still 86 minutes to go. Although she could have worded it a lot better :P
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    As a German I actually love how most people on this thread seem to regard German players to be some kind of almost impeccable penalty machines Throughout the history of modern football Germany was always known for producing exceptional goalkeepers (Oliver Kahn probably being the most famous example) and Neuer was quite strong, but I've never noticed German players to have above average aiming accuracy.
    its like your blood turns to ice or something and you feel no pressure. Germans just go into that zone and well probably plays on the minds of opponents as well that the Germans are so damn good at penalties.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think she means the penalty shootout. There would have hardly been any pressure the first one since they were all over them at that point and there was still 86 minutes to go. Although she could have worded it a lot better :P
    I knew what she was referring to.

However, "scores penalties when theres no pressure" is *******s. At the time Real were behind; there was bit of every pressure to get the game levelled on aggregate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Penalty shoot-outs are just so unnatural though (kinda like your hair). It's not even the pressure a such, just the fact that it's so easy to be thrown of your stride, which wouldn't happen in a match.
    I think you'll find my Hair is a natural red...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    I think you'll find my Hair is a natural red...
    An American girl who likes football? Bizarre.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha i think we should interrogate her about football this is most strange
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oi i find that offensive , Whats wrong with an American girl liking football i mean for one were female us football is more successful then the males one so No one outside of US and canada plays Ice Hockey, Basketball isnt huge only really in North america and American football is just US pretty much. Football has a global appeal

Ahaha i think we should interrogate her about football this is most strange
    You back off as well i could probably interrogate you on football...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.