The Student Room Group

I won't be able to have kids/get married. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Build a career? Guys will line up outside the door when you've got power.
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
My point in posting the pic is to show that everyone has their imperfections, their good and bad days, and we just need to accept that. I'm personally content with my looks, other than the fact I'd like to be slimmer, but I'm working on that. If I were to obsess over every little detail about myself that's not perfect, I'd drive myself bonkers because as you pointed out, I'm certainly no stunner. And I say (or type) this with a smile because I'm happy just being me. It's my face I'm used to it and that's good enough for me. :biggrin:

But, you aren't ugly. Most of what you can do is fix with makeup. Also, you purposely took a bad picture of yourself. How the hell does that count? do you look like that all the time? I doubt it.

It's just a self pitying post in my mind. Like hey OP I'm not stunning looking, but average I have the same problems as you. You don't have the same problems as OP as you aren't ugly.

See the problem is if all you have is imperfections.
Original post by wallstreettrader
Build a career? Guys will line up outside the door when you've got power.

Sorry, but OP isn't that smart. C in GCSE maths that takes little intelligent to get an A in it. Literally, you should be able to turn up to the exam and get an A.

That isn't true anyway. Personally, you would want both i.e. someone with looks and a career. But, even then I suppose it would be better for the girl to have looks, particularly since you don't want ugly children and most men want children. Also, who is going to look after the children, I doubt the girl who works every bloody hour to get power is going to have them.

Maybe that works for guys, which is because most women are money grabbing. But, men aren't because they can make more money than women easily.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

im sure you're not that ugly ... look at the ones on jeremy kyle, they're reproducing like bunnies :smile:
Original post by snowyowl
I used to think like you, OP, when I was 18. This is me now:

Milton Keynes-20120313-00353.jpg

I'm 21 now - it's been a slow process but I'm learning to accept myself. I've been with my partner for 2 and a half years now and we plan to have kids together in the future, something I thought would never happen to me. Someone out there will love you as you are. :smile:

What's wrong with you? You are nor ugly! :s-smilie:
Original post by ilovelabradors
What's wrong with you? You are nor ugly! :s-smilie:

I think it. It's taken a long time for me to get to the point where I think "meh, maybe I'm not that hideous after all" and I'll settle for average.

I just wanted the OP to know that I've been where she is, and it does get better :h:
Original post by Simplicity
But, you aren't ugly. Most of what you can do is fix with makeup. Also, you purposely took a bad picture of yourself. How the hell does that count? do you look like that all the time? I doubt it.

It's just a self pitying post in my mind. Like hey OP I'm not stunning looking, but average I have the same problems as you. You don't have the same problems as OP as you aren't ugly.

See the problem is if all you have is imperfections.

Most of the time, yep, I do look like this. Since I work in a hospital which specifies that for hygeine purposes make up is not encouraged - my hair tends to be cleaner, but is also up in a ponytail, which isn't the most flattering look. When I'm not working in the hospital, I'm sleeping, or in uni, and I don't wear make up. I prefer to save it for nights out, which I then look better for.

I don't claim to have the same problems as OP - I'm showing that she has unrealistic expectations of beauty. Nobody ever walks around looking perfect and gorgeous 24/7. I bet she isn't half as ugly as she thinks she is. And that to not look 100% gorgeous and styled and perfect all the time isn't a bad thing, as long as you're happy with yourself.
Reply 167
Original post by im so academic
Depends what you mean by "ugly".

You should never be in a relationship if you don't find the person sexually attractive.

So...doesn't that make you a bit of a hypocrite then? You make all these posts moaning about guys going after the girls they're sexually attracted to when you presumably do the same.
Well well, i am ugly =] but the thing is i think i can make myself look half recent if i do my hair and add some make up but im too lazy to do this.
Honestly, just do your hair nicely, put on a bit of makeup and you'll feel better about yourself which will increase your confidence making you that much sexier to the opposite sex =]
If your outgoing and do this, i think you can get a guy
& your only 18, your looks may change to your advantage
Chin up lovely, a smile is much more attractive than a frown.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

Oh, you sound so lovely. Just because of it I would definately date you. :tongue:

P.S. If willing, PM me.
Reply 170
Become a pokemon trainer. If all else fails, become pikachu.
Original post by MancBoy
So...doesn't that make you a bit of a hypocrite then? You make all these posts moaning about guys going after the girls they're sexually attracted to when you presumably do the same.

What's so ****ing wrong with wanting a partner who is sexually attractive?

Looks ARE necessary in a relationship. Get over yourself.
Original post by snowyowl
I think it. It's taken a long time for me to get to the point where I think "meh, maybe I'm not that hideous after all" and I'll settle for average.

I just wanted the OP to know that I've been where she is, and it does get better :h:

And OP is probably like you, I mean, she probably also looks perfectly normal. Seriously, you look pretty normal to me, I would never think that you are ugly. You girls are not aware of ugly is for sure. :tongue:
most people are ugly
Original post by Simplicity
Sorry, but OP isn't that smart. C in GCSE maths that takes little intelligent to get an A in it. Literally, you should be able to turn up to the exam and get an A.

That isn't true anyway. Personally, you would want both i.e. someone with looks and a career. But, even then I suppose it would be better for the girl to have looks, particularly since you don't want ugly children and most men want children. Also, who is going to look after the children, I doubt the girl who works every bloody hour to get power is going to have them.

Maybe that works for guys, which is because most women are money grabbing. But, men aren't because they can make more money than women easily.

moron
That's very nice but I must be uglier than you. Hearing that makes me feel worse because clearly, you lost your virginity at 18.

If it helps you feel better, I'm 20 and still a virgin, with no clear signs of losing it anytime soon :sigh:

Ah well, it is better than being a slag to be fair :p:
If ugly people couldn't have kids half of us wouldn't be here.
Have you ever been called ugly before? If not, then you're just pathetic and insecure, and you will never understand how it feels to be ugly.

^^ Hypocrite much??

Genuinely felt sorry for you but then after reading this thread I think you're a troll, or if you're not then the reason people think you're ugly is because you're just plain nasty and shallow.

People have been trying to help you throughout this thread and you've shot everyone down! There isn't a girl on this planet and I'm pretty sure its going to be the same for the boys who hasn't had a time in their life when they've felt absolutely hideous and disgusting.

I'm not going to tell you that you're beautiful I'm going to tell you to shut up and grow a pair, this whole thread seems like you're fishing for compliments and go ahead TSR can neg me to high heaven but I think its seriously unfair the way you've spoken to many of the people on here.

/rant
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending