The Student Room Group

IB Geography Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hathawayj
I did, it was such an ambiguous question because it said "population change" which cold refer to growth, decline, change in age cohorts,

I regret taking it.

What did u write about it?

I wrote about population growth and how it affects the demand and water stress, so I talked about the different types of water scarcity (physical and economic) and I BS quite a lot on population growth. The I said that from an anti-malthusian point of view, each men can be seen as a resource so that irrigation systems and other s**t might be invented to reduce water waste to reduce scarcity... yes I completely regret taking it! and I found horrible all the essays
Reply 41
Geography OVER...:woo:
Reply 42
Original post by saachi
Geography OVER...:woo:

that emoticon is exactly how i feel right now. paper 2 and paper 3 were pretty fortunate and i feel like i can get a 7 overall, yay!
Reply 43
which questions you guys did for P3, anyone chose the first one???????
Reply 44
I did the third in P3. The first part was more EVSS than Geography (though I tried to link it to TNC's, global events, etc) and the second was about cultural diffusion, so I actually think I did OK on that.

Paper 2 was hard!! The tourism questions were really difficult.
Reply 45
Original post by saachi
I did the third in P3. The first part was more EVSS than Geography (though I tried to link it to TNC's, global events, etc) and the second was about cultural diffusion, so I actually think I did OK on that.

Paper 2 was hard!! The tourism questions were really difficult.

agreed! I thought the questions for both tourism & urban environments (my options) were really difficult, at least more difficult than 2011 and the specimen paper :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by -raisa
agreed! I thought the questions for both tourism & urban environments (my options) were really difficult, at least more difficult than 2011 and the specimen paper :frown:

Yeah, we did urban environments too... quite a bit harder than past papers. I heard that 36/60 is a 6, though, so we should be okay...
Reply 47
anyway, it's over, i threw away 2 bags of geo notes yesterday
Reply 48
how hard or easy are the examination markers? say someone walks into the exam room with nothing but common sense and BS skills (knows some case studies but only superficially)- is it easy for someone like this to get a 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending