The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

parking in leeds

Hi, i plan to start at leeds met in sept and live in 1 mill street. I am coming from northern ireland so plan to drive over via the ferry to liverpool. I want to sell my car when i get to leeds as i dont think i will need it and to save costs. However i will need somewhere to park it for a day or two untill i get it sorted and as far as i know the mill street accommodation doesnt have parking. Does anyone with some local knowledge know of somewhere i could use to park my car for those first few days?
Original post by Sophie1985
Hi, i plan to start at leeds met in sept and live in 1 mill street. I am coming from northern ireland so plan to drive over via the ferry to liverpool. I want to sell my car when i get to leeds as i dont think i will need it and to save costs. However i will need somewhere to park it for a day or two untill i get it sorted and as far as i know the mill street accommodation doesnt have parking. Does anyone with some local knowledge know of somewhere i could use to park my car for those first few days?

Leeds centre is car unfriendly to the max. That area is a bitch to park - residents only and double yellows dominate the area... I can't make a suggestion as to where you could park for free for any length of time, I'm just making you aware that it's going to be a frikkin nightmare.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by mikeyd85
Leeds centre is car unfriendly to the max. That area is a bitch to park - residents only and double yellows dominate the area... I can't make a suggestion as to where you could park for free for any length of time, I'm just making you aware that it's going to be a frikkin nightmare.

ok well thanks anyway, ill organise something before i get there.
Reply 3
There is quite a lot of free parking very close to Leeds University, which is also (in my opinion) quite safe. However you must get there before 7AM (or after around 3PM) to be sure of finding a space. I park there nearly every day. Cloberry Street and Cromer Terrace are good, but Clarenden Place and Cromer Street are even better. There are no restrictions. Postcode LS2 9JU
(edited 11 years ago)
what above person said... or head other side of hyde park and park in one of the terraced streets, this would be the one id go for but thats because i used to live on the streets so my car has been parked on them over night while being right outside my house :biggrin:! lol

also if it is after 7am or before 5pm you will be more likely to find spaces this way... people use the streets closer to town to park to walk to work/uni in city center...
but basically id head for one of the smaller streets thats in a bit from the shops/pubs and surrounded by houses. example - one of the streets off royal park grove... like brudenel view...(LS6 1HG) << where i used to live :biggrin:! or one of the roads of victoria road .. like one of the norwoods... (i used to live norwood road too :biggrin: (LS6 1DZ))
victoria road, brudenell road, and royal park road= busy so id stay away from them, lots of drunk peoples/cars/vans speeding past...
id also stay "above" royal park road (if looking on google maps...) as the area from what iv experianced of it isnt quite so nice... i looked at houses there were smashed windows needless to say i stayed away :| ...
also avoid mayville road, thornville road, and the roads directly around these as this is where the mosque is and it just gets soooo busy :| several occasions someone has come around the corner towards me a bit fast there :| and you cant see because of all the parked cars...
x
Reply 5
Original post by longey
There is quite a lot of free parking very close to Leeds University, which is also (in my opinion) quite safe. However you must get there before 7AM (or after around 3PM) to be sure of finding a space. I park there nearly every day. Cloberry Street and Cromer Terrace are good, but Clarenden Place and Cromer Street are even better. There are no restrictions. Postcode LS2 9JU

thank you, this was very helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest