The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darth Vader 7
If you're talking about the World cup...

Yup, he stayed at Arsenal for that season.

No silly!! :tongue:

During the press conference after he just signed for Barca, he said he would have liked to tell the fans what was going on, but Arsenal said he couldn't and he had to keep quiet.

Have the board forgotten that Theo is in a similar position or do they not care about him?
Original post by Peggles_*
No silly!! :tongue:

During the press conference after he just signed for Barca, he said he would have liked to tell the fans what was going on, but Arsenal said he couldn't and he had to keep quiet.

Have the board forgotten that Theo is in a similar position or do they not care about him?

Oh right. I wasn't really there during the Fabregas saga as I was on holiday during the majority of it. :colondollar:

Theo isn't anywhere near as important as the Van Persie situation. We can always replace Walcott as he is nowhere near world class. Van Persie will be impossible to replace. However, the club should be able to negotiate for both of them at the same time.
Reply 2922
Original post by bakefrancis
We wouldn't get that much for robin, as its the final year of the contract. And I doubt any of those strikers would come to arsenal bar giroud and llorente. Even then, bayern are in talks with giroud and llorente has a lot of interest. The others are on too much money and uninterested in coming to arsenal when they could go to chelsea/united.

Podoloski will be the replacement when robin leaves. With any luck then someone like holliett will join. Looks like we'll be playing one striker, all season, next season.

Original post by Nucleolus
Mourinho is adamant that Higuain won't leave, but he seems keen to; PSG have been linked for quite some time, and Pastore said in the Press recently that they are still in contact with him. If they do decide to bid for him, there's no way we could out price them.

Apparently Cavani is a high priority for Juventus [but hey, so apparently is RVP], Falcao and Llorente have both generated huge interest from bigger clubs and I doubt their respective clubs would sell them at an 'Arsenal price'.

The only realistic one is Giroud, but then he's said that his agent has contacted Bayern and he has a desire to play there. However, whether they'd bid for him is another matter, due to his similarity to Gomez, and he's stated in the Press recently that he 'dreams of England', so who knows.

I have a feeling that if RVP does leave, Podolski will be our new striker; in my mind he was always either going to play alongside/behind RVP or be his replacement.

Yeah, I was pretty naive to think that Podolski was anything more than a replacement :frown:

Higuain wouldn't want to come to us, Falcao and Cavani would both be £40m plus. Not sure about Llorente, but Giroud is the only realistic signing out of those.

Who else could come in as a replacement, what about Huntellar or Soldado?
Original post by zxh800
Oh Hai

What was that 2-1 this season???

What's so "Thank God" about it? We're losing yet another good player.
Just seeing all the potential replacements and the price it will take to buy them as well as their wage demands, it has truly disgusted me to see how it's become in football, it's basically all about the money. I am very proud of Arsenal to keeping to their values during this tough period. (Or is it really values or the board are just stingy :confused:).
What's so "Thank God" about it? We're losing yet another good player.

LOLOLOLOL Fabianski good player?

LOLOLOLOLOL
Original post by mrdoovde1

LOLOLOLOLOL

Did you not see his performances in the 2010/11 season before he got injured? He was a solid keeper.

LOLOLOLOLOL

What's so funny?
Original post by Ultimate1
Did you not see his performances in the 2010/11 season before he got injured? He was a solid keeper.

His performances were average at best. I do recall him throwing away matches like those 2 goals against porto not to mention the goal conceded against Liverpool. I'm sorry but you cannot compete for the premier league with such a calamity of a keeper

A prime example of his ability:
[video="youtube;vWlfabY__CA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWlfabY__CA[/video]
Original post by J.Star
Yeah, I was pretty naive to think that Podolski was anything more than a replacement :frown:

Higuain wouldn't want to come to us, Falcao and Cavani would both be £40m plus. Not sure about Llorente, but Giroud is the only realistic signing out of those.

Who else could come in as a replacement, what about Huntellar or Soldado?

I don't think they're realistic either; Schalke are determined to keep hold of Huntelaar [by reportedly increasing his wages etc.], and he's said he won't make a decision until after the Euro, which suggests to me that he's hoping to have a good one to increase interest [that is if he gets playing time, since he normally acts as deputy to RVP in the Dutch NT], whilst with Soldado, PSG are interested and whilst he's said that he's 'flattered' by their pursuit, and that if they bid for him he'd consider it, he has also stated that if Valencia asked him to stay he would [his contract expires in 2014 so could stay for another year]. Tbh I can see them both staying at their clubs.

The problem is that if RVP leaves the players who would be adequate replacements are all being considered by bigger clubs who have shown ambition and are willing to pay higher fees than us, therefore making us insignificant. If we do decide to buy a replacement they'll be in the manner of Podolski, that of a good quality player from a smaller club who has potential but hasn't yet proven themselves at a bigger club.
Original post by Nucleolus
Mourinho is adamant that Higuain won't leave, but he seems keen to; PSG have been linked for quite some time, and Pastore said in the Press recently that they are still in contact with him. If they do decide to bid for him, there's no way we could out price them.

Apparently Cavani is a high priority for Juventus [but hey, so apparently is RVP], Falcao and Llorente have both generated huge interest from bigger clubs and I doubt their respective clubs would sell them at an 'Arsenal price'.

The only realistic one is Giroud, but then he's said that his agent has contacted Bayern and he has a desire to play there. However, whether they'd bid for him is another matter, due to his similarity to Gomez, and he's stated in the Press recently that he 'dreams of England', so who knows.

I have a feeling that if RVP does leave, Podolski will be our new striker; in my mind he was always either going to play alongside/behind RVP or be his replacement.

Juve need at least two strikers - del Piero is going, and Borriello will most likely go back to Roma. They seem intent on building on what they have.
I'd be much more pissed off at Van Persie if he leaves for City than say Barca or Madrid. Don't really know why. I think I hate City more than United fans atm.

It's probably the 'Nasri effect' and the fact we're kind of used to having players leave for Barca.:tongue:
Apparently Grant Holt has put in a transfer request :confused:
His performances were average at best. I do recall him throwing away matches like those 2 goals against porto not to mention the goal conceded against Liverpool. I'm sorry but you cannot compete for the premier league with such a calamity of a keeper

Strong unaware of the 2010/11 season.
Original post by The Cornerstone
It's probably the 'Nasri effect' and the fact we're kind of used to having players leave for Barca.:tongue:

Bit more than just nasri altogether I thought. Its just watching a number of our first team players leave for city over the last few years just for cash.

Who are the former arsenal players who have left and flourished?
I just got done reading the reports, and I'm stunned. He doesn't want to stay at Arsenal. They are all over the internet and twitter. I can't believe he just came out and said he wants to leave. I don't know if there's anything we can do at this point. It seems that he's made up his mind. I don't know who is to blame for this, the board, Wenger...

Best of luck to you, Fabianski.

Fabianski vs Chelsea last season (where he actually started to look a class keeper):

[video="youtube;5fffdSNSMZ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fffdSNSMZ8[/video]

This was against a Chelsea team that was running away with the league at that point (albeit was quite early in the season) and had just won it the season before.

It's easy to pick videos of youtube to suit your argument.
Original post by G550NDH
I just got done reading the reports, and I'm stunned. He doesn't want to stay at Arsenal. They are all over the internet and twitter. I can't believe he just came out and said he wants to leave. I don't know if there's anything we can do at this point. It seems that he's made up his mind. I don't know who is to blame for this, the board, Wenger...

Best of luck to you, Fabianski.

Please don't do this again :eek:

Latest