The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zyyz
What relevance does whoever makes the new thread have? I never even look at the first page and I have no idea who made this? Anyone make it...

Yeah, someone just make it and post a link here please.
Reply 10021
DenmansDinner should start the new thread for his outstanding contribution (and delusion) :tongue:

Loll, but seriously, it should be Darth Vader, Abiraleft or jilebinator who does the honours.
i saved everyone the hassle ; )
Original post by Manchester United
Slightly aggressive response, but anyway...

Like I said, I think it would be great for the premiership if Arsenal could challenge for the title again. But lets not get ahead of ourselves and think it's going to happen in a season; they need time for the players to gel. Again, look at my last post, I made it clear that Chelsea wont be too close to us this season for the same reason. I agree that it will be tight for third, but I think Chelsea will just edge it due to their experience. Not to mention, Torres is looking so much better now. He's a changed man.

Oh, and I think Chelsea have signed better talent than what you have. Although, that's expected with the amount of money they have paid for some of those players.

Torres needs to score 20+ for Chelsea to have any chance of a decent season and I don't see that happening in a month of Sundays. No more falling back on Drogba either. So many reasons to be skeptical about Chelsea this season whereas Arsenal are always 70 points is pretty much the minimum that we always achieve. Chelsea are as likely to finish 5th as they are 3rd in my opinion...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Torres needs to score 20+ for Chelsea to have any chance of a decent season and I don't see that happening in a month of Sundays. No more falling back on Drogba either. So many reasons to be skeptical about Chelsea this season whereas Arsenal are always 70 points is pretty much the minimum that we always achieve. Chelsea are as likely to finish 5th as they are 3rd in my opinion...

I disagree, I think Torres will perform very well this season.
Bergkamp has to be the classiest footballer to ever have lived.

A proper gentlemen.
Original post by Manchester United
I disagree, I think Torres will perform very well this season.

I don't. He'll probs get 15-20 in all comps, but I don't rate him.
Original post by Zürich

70 points minimum. You might wanna check how many points you get the past few seasons, you've got 70 points or over 3 times in the past 5 seasons. It's not the minimum, you get around 70 points, but it's not the minimum.

Original post by T.Adams VI

Yeah, around 15-25, but he seems washed up. We'll see though, last season he had the excuse of being with crap players with no service, this season he has no excuse.

The golden boot will give him a lot of confidence though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
70 points minimum. You might wanna check how many points you get the past few seasons, you've got 70 points or over 3 times in the past 5 seasons. It's not the minimum, you get around 70 points, but it's not the minimum.

Yeah, around 15-25, but he seems washed up. We'll see though, last season he had the excuse of being with crap players with no service, this season he has no excuse.

The golden boot will give him a lot of confidence though.

I personally think the top 4 will be in the 80-90+ points range. I think it will be one of the strongest seasons in Premier League history.

So it appears we have a difference in opinions.

Good day Sir!
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I personally think the top 4 will be in the 80-90+ points range. I think it will be one of the strongest seasons in Premier League history.

Yeah, we'll both catch up to city. Tottenham will stay around last season's level. I think it'll be 75-90 points. Every top 4 contender crumbled, I doubt chelsea or arsenal will crumble that badly again.
Original post by jam277
Yeah, we'll both catch up to city. Tottenham will stay around last season's level. I think it'll be 75-90 points. Every top 4 contender crumbled, I doubt chelsea or arsenal will crumble that badly again.

Yeah I can definitely see us two having much stronger seasons because of our recent signings. But I don't think we'll be in for the title though.
Reply 10033
Why do you guys care so much about who makes the thread :lolwut:
Original post by Deshi
Why do you guys care so much about who makes the thread :lolwut:

Because it's extremely important. I thought that was quite obvious to everyone on the forums.
If we get Sahin then I don't see why we can't challenge provided Giroud doesn't flop.

Even Adebayor got 30 goals for us. Even Bendtner got 15 goals in one season. Provided your not a bellend like Chamkh, I reckon our strikers will get the goals we need. And with Sahin and Carzorla pulling the strings in the middle of the field with Wenger's guidance we must be certain title challengers.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Yeah I can definitely see us two having much stronger seasons because of our recent signings. But I don't think we'll be in for the title though.

Yeah, I know, but I think we'll be 15-5 points away. The top 4 look so much stronger this season. Liverpool are still edgy, tottenham look around the same as last season but we'll see how AVB does, don't think he'll have enough in him to get top 4 yet.

If we get Sahin then I don't see why we can't challenge provided Giroud doesn't flop.

Even Adebayor got 30 goals for us. Even Bendtner got 15 goals in one season. Provided your not a bellend like Chamkh, I reckon our strikers will get the goals we need. And with Sahin and Carzorla pulling the strings in the middle of the field with Wenger's guidance we must be certain title challengers.

To be fair you usually title challenge and then crumble, only that the crumble happened a bit too early to even mention title contention. Still don't think you'll realistically title challenge, but I think you look even stronger than last season even with the departure of van persie.

Latest