The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by In2deep
Two penalties for us and one for them, their timewasting wasn't handled well and a player of theirs should have had a red card.

Ultimately though, our defensive display cost us this game, it might be one we rue for a few seasons to come.

Actually, they could have had two penalties in the first half. The RVP foul wouldn't have counted if the linesman spotted Gervinho miles offside anyway.

You're right though, our defense did cost us the game. It might have cost us CL football, and, more importantly IMO, RVP.
Original post by Peggles_*
I was before we cocked it up!

We do not know how to play at the end of the season!

RVP scored the 3rd btw.
Original post by In2deep
**** OFF

I'm pretty tired with your pessimism ffs

umm, have you seen the table.
Original post by jilebinator
One bastard says we don't need Vertonghen needs to be shot. one of our worst defensive performances ever.

This match has I think convinced everyone that we need Vertonghen. He probably won't want us though. :frown:
For a long time, that was THIS back four's worst performance, Kos and Verm just couldn't handle Holt and Szczesny, no doubt the worst performance I have seen from him!
Original post by In2deep
**** OFF

I'm pretty tired with your pessimism ffs

5th and 6th is a slight exaggeration, but I think we're finishing 4th though
Original post by bkeevin
We have now clearly shown we don't deserve to play CL football. Well there is always the Emirates Cup where we can invite some 2nd or 3rd division club from Chili or Saudi so that we actually beat them and finally win a trophy!Freaking useless defense as usual:redface:

No emirates cup next year
Reply 1147
Not all hope is lost. Man City can do a good job on Newcastle with them fighting for the title. And hopefully a relegation threatened Villa can scrape a point against Spurs. They've choked before...
So much hate for the ref. The 92nd min 'pen' was offside. Was **** for both tbh
Reply 1149
Why the **** will vertonghen come to arsenal if we don't qualify for the champs lge !
Original post by jilebinator
umm, have you seen the table.

Totally justififed pessimism tbh, we're in a bloody precarious situation at the moment. As you said In2Deep, before it was in our hands. Now it isn't!!!!
come on city beat newcastle nd who do spurs have left to play??
Appalling display from a side that's supposed to be chasing 3rd. ****ing abysmal.

Referee was dreadful.

Norwich pen (Koscielny foul), Benayoun off (violent conduct), Ramsey off (second booking), Holt off (violent conduct), Arsenal pen (Lapin handball), Naughton off/Arsenal pen (denying clear goal scoring opportunity). And that's just red cards and penalties he missed.
Original post by Peggles_*
For a long time, that was THIS back four's worst performance, Kos and Verm just couldn't handle Holt and Szczesny, no doubt the worst performance I have seen from him!

Our defence have always been ****, the only reaon why this particular game stands out more is because unlike most other teams, norwich actually came and put up a decent attacking threat against us, instead of just parking the bus and looping long balls once every 20 mins. Almost everytime we've faced a side with a serious intent on attacking, our defence has crumble - man utd on both occasions, ac milan, chelsea, tottenham
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
We do not know how to play at the end of the season!

RVP scored the 3rd btw.

And everyone was going on about how Arsenal changed their yearly end of season capitulation to that run we went on, but no, we had to go back to our old ways and rely on others!

If I was RVP, I would be booking my ticket to Spain to play for the 'Special One'
Reply 1155
so much negativity in here, we will still get 3rd, keep tha faith :smile:
The optimism in here shows me how deluded some fans are.

Spurs will win their last games. third is not ours.
We need another lasagna-gate to get us 3rd now!
Original post by Nucleolus

just about sums up my reaction when they equalised, almost felt like crying, that was how bad it was because we had just managed to fight our way in front, only for us to throw it all away
Original post by vn2009
so much negativity in here, we will still get 3rd, keep tha faith :smile:

What from this display has convinced you that we will beat WBA next week?

Latest