Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The hate for Islam is unreal! (Especially on TSR).

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    Asking for proof is fine when it suits you, but when people ask you to justify your religious beliefs, the guiding philosophy for your entire life, with proof, you supply a repeatedly modified desert mythological book from over 1200 years ago.
    Obviously, I don't consider it a mythological book. I asked for proof on a certain point made regarding a quote claimed to be in the Qu'ran.

Why do you have to be so sarcastic and post a photo of that napkin? So immature. I won't change my mind about my religion, and to be honest, I think a little faith is nice to have. And I'm sure the other billions of people who believe in God agree!

I'm not here to try and convince people that God is real, or that Islam is the religion they should have. I don't care, people have their own choice and that's obviously FINE!

I just don't think people should bash religions when they don't know much about them. I'm not super-religious, but I find some comments on here very insulting, and completely unjustified.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If anything TSR is pro-islam and muslims just have a chip on their shoulder. Whenever i post something critical about Islam no matter how justified and backed up with facts, stats and sources it is negged. Even if it just a story i have posted in a completely un-bias way it is negged. Same with whenever someone puts something jewish related it just gets negged even if it isn't political.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had quite a few Muslim friends at school and no I would never say they were evil but I would say that some of them missed out. One girl in particular wasn't allowed to see her friends out of school time, she wasn't allowed a job, to wear make up, to wear western clothes, to eat western food, to cut her hair or even ride a bike. This isn't exactly something the religion demands but it's the culture that has been created around it and it does affect the lives of women.

I just think that it was unfair and cruel for her father to limit her life in this way I think a human being should be allowed to do whatever they want so long as it causes no harm to others (physical, emotional etc) and I don't think a little mascara or riding a bike would have :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishy123)
    But the Quran says to "lower your gaze" and "be modest".

How would you interpret "modesty"?
    I'll answer that after you tell me how do you interpret modesty to 'cover your ****ing heads'!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxlGirlxai)
    Actually you are VERY mistaken. Doctor families are very middle class in Pakistan because we have too many doctors in the country!! Every other girl is a doctor in our country. Wanna know what our high society people look like? Google aisha linnea akhtar.
    Is this what you look like? http://bulletinoftheoppressionofwome...ghan-Women.jpg

No?

Then you don't know Sharia.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you people make me cry, I swear.

Stop just sitting there and talking, alright?
    Get down in Pakistan and see for your ****ing self!
    We are free women!!
    Leave us alone.

Talking about teenage pregnancies and crimes? As if there aren't enough ****ed up murders in UK everyday, as if there aren't enough teenage pregnancies in UK everyday!!!
    Atleast our countries dont have a crime rate as high as South africa. What do you have to say for that? That they are all secretly muslims too?
    Lol lol lol:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Qu...fe-beating.htm
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Qu...worth-less.htm

Islam commands hatred and violence against women. Europe is 1000x more civilised than Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iraq and Iran. Thank ****ing god for Charles Martel!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Dubai has Shariah Law.
    Last time I went there, there were several women in strapless and miniskirts, so shouldn't they all be hanged?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Honestly, it is quite scary to think that in the 21st Century there is still so much hate for Islam on 'The Student Room' (TSR) and in the world. I am a Christian, so your, "you're muslim, you would say that" argument is truly void.

Firstly, I would like to point out that this thread is not particularly directed at those after an healthy debate, however some people are just plain rude and disrespectful. Comments like "Islam is cruel", "Islam is evil" are just ridiculous and quite uneducated points to make.

To be frank, it is like some of you have been totally brain-washed by your parents, or even the media into thinking Islam is this cruel Religion with no redeeming qualities. Can I ask, do you have any muslim friends? If so, then what were they like? Did they seem cruel or evil?

If you have never met a muslim, then I can't see how you would form such frightening opinions without even having talked to a muslim, or even getting to know a muslim.

Also, can I ask why so many threads mocking and insulting a Religion are allowed to be made on TSR? Quite shocking.
    It's the nature of the internet. Most of the Islam-critics on here are too pathetic to speak their views in a real life setting, and the minority of those who do speak their abhorrent views are ridiculed by the media.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have two explanations as to why Islam is hated.
    1) 9/11
    2) 7/7

Yes, it was a minority of extremists, but that's all it takes!! Same with anything, no matter how good it is, it is so much easier to gain a bad name over one or two things/people than it is to gain a good reputation over 100 things. See my point?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly most Muslims I know are fine. (know about 25-30?)
    But there's one who I know who believes that because of his religion, he is superior to everyone around him. I can't have one conversation with him mentioning about how he has found "Peace with Allah" and under-tones hinting I will never make anything of my life, nor be happy because I'm not a Muslim!

Just **** off! GAH!...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    If dubai has sharia then how is this occurring?

http://www.travelingdubai.com/photo/...bai_beach1.jpg

gamed?

i think so.

If anything...Sharia just failed LOL
    Oh no. Theres a separate beach for the foreigners and non-Muslims. You would have known that had you ACTUALLY lived in Dubai as you first claimed. Do you ever see a Muslim family on that beach in that picture?

I don't think so.

Your logic seems to be failing. You may need a recharge.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Dubai has Shariah Law.
    Last time I went there, there were several women in strapless and miniskirts, so shouldn't they all be hanged?
    It technically has Sharia (but on a very superficial level)

The strict traditions of Sharia are not followed. I posted a pic of Dubai beach for him so he can see how dumb his argument was.

Ive been to dubai many times and lived there for 2 years. There's nothing even close to actual sharia over there

If anything dubai is the america of the middle east.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Last post. You all are just too ****ing ignorant.

Islam was the FIRST religion to give women the right to divorced. No offense, by Christainity did NOT give that right to women.
    When Islam came, it strictly forbid the killing of women. And asked men to lower their gaze infront of women out of 'respect'. Women and men are EQUAL in islam - it's a different story that in parts of the world, men are too ignorant to accept that fact.

Stop telling me what islam says because you know NOTHING. You can get something off the internet and think you know everything.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. Theres a separate beach for the foreigners and non-Muslims. You would have known that had you ACTUALLY lived in Dubai as you first claimed. Do you ever see a Muslim family on that beach in that picture?

I don't think so.

Your logic seems to be failing. You may need a recharge.
    Right because you can tel who is muslim and who isn't just by looking at a picture. Apparently their love for Mohammad shows up on the photograph :rolleyes:

Just remove your stupidity from this thread please.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll answer that after you tell me how do you interpret modesty to 'cover your ****ing heads'!
    I don't interpret it like that. In fact, I was only asking YOUR opinion on how would you describe modesty seeing as you claimed the Quran does not tell us to cover our heads.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SS*)
    Are you being serious? How can you generalise over 2 billion people like that? 'Most of them'?! Have you met most of them?

NO. Then stop talking trash, and stop insulting billions of people. You haven't read the Qu'ran either, have you? Your point is based on nothing but ignorance. How embarrassing...for you.
    Are you insecure about your faith? It amuses me that you've taken offense to what a random internet user has said. I see you're taking every word I say literally. It upsets me that people have to resort to the 'generalizations argument' to compensate for the lack of a productive argument. Most are statistically: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/fro...00/9216012.stm). Most Muslim dominated countries consist of Muslim people (obvious example). Most Muslims I've seen/met like to stick with their own. If you can prove to me otherwise I'll be damned.

Yes, I'm no Imam but I know the general consensus of Islam.

If anything you've reinforced my dislike towards Islam and religion in general.

I'm not going to victimize other major religions. They can be just as bad. I sometimes refer to Christianity 'as a wolf is sheep's clothing'.

Edit - Also, I think you need to look at what 'most' says in the dictionary. Let me help you: Most =/= ALL so your '2 billion' argument is invalid.

Who are you to say Islam is the 'true' religion? Have you read every religious book? Have you examined every religion?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't interpret it like that. In fact, I was only asking YOUR opinion on how would you describe modesty seeing as you claimed the Quran does not tell us to cover our heads.
    Sorry for the rude reply earlier.
    Quran tells women to dress in such a way for their own security.
    Not wear tight dress or see-through ones.
    There's nothing about 'covering head'. We follow Bible too and in Bible it says cover your heads. So it is debateable.

I do not cover my head and wear quite western clothes. I am sure I won't go to hell for what I wear, I probably would go to hell for killing an innocent being. In Quran, it is clearly said the entire humanity forms our brotherhood.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christianity is bad but Islam is on a whole new level. Worse it's followers genuinely believe in all of it.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the rude reply earlier.
    Quran tells women to dress in such a way for their own security.
    Not wear tight dress or see-through ones.
    There's nothing about 'covering head'. We follow Bible too and in Bible it says cover your heads. So it is debateable.

I do not cover my head and wear quite western clothes. I am sure I won't go to hell for what I wear, I probably would go to hell for killing an innocent being. In Quran, it is clearly said the entire humanity forms our brotherhood.
    If only all muslims shared this opinion.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbellringer)
    I have two explanations as to why Islam is hated.
    1) 9/11
    2) 7/7

Yes, it was a minority of extremists, but that's all it takes!! Same with anything, no matter how good it is, it is so much easier to gain a bad name over one or two things/people than it is to gain a good reputation over 100 things. See my point?
    Perhaps but there are many other reasons to hate Islam: see here http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.