The Student Room Group

One week to go - Tories on 8% lead - London Mayor 2012 POLL

Scroll to see replies

BoJo is still very much the favourite :sexface:
There is already a perfectly good thread on this with over a hundred votes.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1982241
(edited 11 years ago)
Election week is upon us.

On Thursday, we shall decide.
Reply 103
I don't live in London, but I would vote for Boris simply because he is ****ing hilarious
I really can't decide at the moment as I like the policies I've read so far of most of them! Though, like someone pointed out already, it does seem a 2-horse race between Ken and Boris anyway, so I will probably end up going for one of them.
As much as Boris provides me with a great deal of humour, I have to stick with my roots and say LIVINGSTONE!!!!
Independent - after Siobhan's interview with PinkNews. I think she is actually a decent person, which is quite rare in politics.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
As much as Boris provides me with a great deal of humour, I have to stick with my roots and say LIVINGSTONE!!!!

Even after he said things like this?
Reply 108
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
No not really. More like typical Police Officer who receives London Travel Concessions "attitude" I'm guessing by your logic.... most , if not all, police officers are selfish , greedy "Boris Supporters"? :eyeball:

All of the officers of the law with whom I have come into contact have been charming individuals.

Ignorant of the laws they purport to uphold, inflexible and petty. But charming.
Original post by Mr Disco
All of the officers of the law with whom I have come into contact have been charming individuals.

Ignorant of the laws they purport to uphold, inflexible and petty. But charming.

Didn't a police officer try to arrest someone under Australian law recently? :tongue:
Reply 110
Original post by NR09
I don't live in London, but I would vote for Boris simply because he is ****ing hilarious

Would you have voted for Hitler because he had a Charlie Chaplain mustache?

Never mind the fact that the man is a buffoon, a dangerous bigot and the self-professed enemy of meritocracy because he has floppy hair.
Reply 111
Original post by ForKicks
Didn't a police officer try to arrest someone under Australian law recently? :tongue:

Like Boris Johnson, it would be funny if it wasn't actually real.
Original post by Mr Disco
Like Boris Johnson, it would be funny if it wasn't actually real.

The London Mayoral election is a bit of a joke this year really.
Original post by HarveyCanis
Even after he said things like this?

I'm a labour supporter, but that doesn't necessarily mean I like/agree with their candidate :smile:
Reply 114
The choices for Londoners are awful -:

Johnson - an utter twister. Is totally available for 360-degree U turns on any given day. Was for years and years the lead advocate of the new airport for London in the East until some opposition to the plan came up from people in W. London, at which point he claimed he was in no way committed to any particular plan. A laughable fraud, self-server and silly man. Er, er, ahhgg, yes, er, blather, blather.

Livingstone - used to be good, is now well past it and has made so many crass errors it's simply not worth voting for. He always puts narrow personal crusades above everything else, he's an anti-semite and many of his policies don't work. That said, he would still be better than the ridiculous Johnson.

Paddick. Haha. Don't make me laugh. What a silly little man. How on earth did he ever make it to be a senior police officer??

Jenny whatever her name is from the Greens. Halfway decent and quite a forceful person. I might vote for her.

Siobhan Benita. Gahhh. A totally obvious Blairite poodle and plant of the New Labour apparatchiks, being rehearsed for a full run next time when Ken finally gets the message and stands aside. I tremble at the mere thought of having her as Mayor.

Ed Milliband. Bloody hell, what a silly little twerp he is. And he isn't even running.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I find it a little amusing that out of the first 18 votes, not one is for Ken.

Doesn't bode well.

For London?

No, it doesn't.
Reply 116
Original post by MTR_10
Toilets need unblocking now and then.

Good job!

Single handedly destroy the UK economy!..

You really are a serial moron aren't you?
Reply 117
Boris is in a very strong lead in the polls (unsurprising with idiots like Ken running).

My vote will be for Boris this Thursday. I don't think I've ever loved a politician like this before. The man is hilarious and a genius.
Reply 118
Original post by Fires
The choices for Londoners are awful -:

Johnson - an utter twister. Is totally available for 360-degree U turns on any given day. Was for years and years the lead advocate of the new airport for London in the East until some opposition to the plan came up from people in W. London, at which point he claimed he was in no way committed to any particular plan. A laughable fraud, self-server and silly man. Er, er, ahhgg, yes, er, blather, blather.

Livingstone - used to be good, is now well past it and has made so many crass errors it's simply not worth voting for. He always puts narrow personal crusades above everything else, he's an anti-semite and many of his policies don't work. That said, he would still be better than the ridiculous Johnson.

Paddick. Haha. Don't make me laugh. What a silly little man. How on earth did he ever make it to be a senior police officer??

Jenny whatever her name is from the Greens. Halfway decent and quite a forceful person. I might vote for her.

Siobhan Benita. Gahhh. A totally obvious Blairite poodle and plant of the New Labour apparatchiks, being rehearsed for a full run next time when Ken finally gets the message and stands aside. I tremble at the mere thought of having her as Mayor.

Ed Milliband. Bloody hell, what a silly little twerp he is. And he isn't even running.

I loved this post, hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 119
Just don't vote in someone like this guy, from 2:10 :

[video="youtube_share;w-edtmeXZB4"]http://youtu.be/w-edtmeXZB4[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending