Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UEFA Champions League Final 2012

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who will be Champions League Winners 2011-2012?
    Fußball-Club Bayern München
    62.90%
    Chelsea Football Club
    37.10%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel like an idiot now for weeks i have been saying Chelsea had absolutely NO CHANCE! I have been saying things like there is more chance of samoa winning the world cup than Chelsea winning the CL, gomez to score a hatrick, robben to score finnese goal like in fifa 12 :facepalm2: and so on... lol

Well done Chelsea! Lets hope Arsenal wins it next year with us being the underdogs:awesome:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'll rather have cagey defensive football especially in the big games where you have a strong team in counter attacking like bayern or real madrid but I respect the styles of play that each team plays. Football is football after all. As long as you're following the rules(forget the anti football brigade) then it's fine.
    ****ing hell, you've just won the biggest trophy in club football, enjoy it rather then constantly arguing with these douchebags. You won it fair and square, you shouldn't have to justify your win to anyone.

And I don't get why some people are so bothered about how they won, if Drogba had dived and won a pen that won them the game then fair enough, but nothing like that happened so quit moaning. Jeez.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Fair enough with the rest as fair play Chelsea won (I do believe Bayern lost it more than anything, Gomez and Robben particularly awful) but how in any sense was it a magnificent game? It was very dull and one of the worst CL games i have seen.
    I was talking about the barca game
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    I was talking about the barca game
    They again were very dull. :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that was a great game of football. it had everything, attacking, constant last ditch defending, red card, penalty miss, several players having to play on after getting bookings that would rule them out of one of the biggest matches of their lives, an awesome goal, one of the best teams in the world beaten in their own back yard by a great dramatic last minute goal.

I don't know what's wrong with you if you found that game boring. i'm inclined to think you just have some other issue going on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    that was a great game of football. it had everything, attacking, constant last ditch defending, red card, penalty miss, several players having to play on after getting bookings that would rule them out of one of the biggest matches of their lives, an awesome goal, one of the best teams in the world beaten in their own back yard by a great dramatic last minute goal.

I don't know what's wrong with you if you found that game boring. i'm inclined to think you just have some other issue going on
    It wasn't boring then... just average. We went to the pub and watched that and i've been to the pub and watched far better games. Honestly if you consider it it is the Torres thing which people think about at the end. No he didn't win it for Chelsea. If he did that would have been more exciting. But his goal meant nothing. Funny enough though talking about that me and my mate wanted to find the odds of Torres to score next when he came on. We both could see it happening. Odds couldn't be found. That game played into Torres' hand as he's so good on the counter.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Difference between being a defensive rock solid wall and just being okay defensively. Bayern had numerous chances which you guys allowed and they didnt take. Far from a defensive masterclass which is the most annoying thing when people say that.
    All right fair enough, but all i've been hearing is how much Bayern deserved to win because they had more chances. If FIFA has taught me anything it's that unless you take your chances, you don't deserve to win. The fact that Bayern had so many chances and didn't take them, including a missed penalty, means they don't deserve to be called champions of europe. Whereas Chelsea, who withstood onslaught from Barcelona, came back against Napoli, in fairness didn't create that much, but took 100% advantage from what they did, deserve it. From watching the games, I thought it was so clear how much Chelsea wanted it. Compare that to United last year, who practically rolled over to Barca
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20728589.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	149990
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    It wasn't boring then... just average
    I'm trying, but I can't find any way in which that game was average.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    **** off... politicians are allowed their time off too you know? (not that i support the conservatives, just people having a go at politicians for taking a break is laughable)
    Okay, I'm not accusing you of supporting the Conservative Party.. but when your country is in double dip recession and facing mass unemployment (including 1m young 16-24 year olds) I'd say it's alarming that the Chancellor is partying it up in Munich.

Bite me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eminmo)
    Okay, I'm not accusing you of supporting the Conservative Party.. but when your country is in double dip recession and facing mass unemployment (including 1m young 16-24 year olds) I'd say it's alarming that the Chancellor is partying it up in Munich.

Bite me.
    you probably don't even understand what a double dip recession is past what you've been fed in the media RECESION. DOUBLE DIP. WORLD. ENDING. LOUD NOISES!!!!! . Never mind knowing what it takes to solve one. Taking a day off (of your allocated annual leave) to go watch your team play one of its biggest games is acceptable. Hell even David Cameron was watching it with merkel and obama
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've every actually seen a better headed goal than Drogba's. Someone prove me wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el figo)
    I don't think I've every actually seen a better headed goal than Drogba's. Someone prove me wrong.
    This probably runs it close?

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah come off it, Sheringham probably scored as good a header every single season of his career.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I might have been caught up in the moment, but he gets a nudge in the back, spins 90 degrees in the air in the 87th/88th minute of the champions league final, and bullets the ball into the top corner in what is likely his last game for the club. I can't keep up with it in normal speed, I have to watch it in slow mo.

And before you think I'm a Chelsea fan, I'm not. I can't stand them. I can't believe a team that has played so badly for the past 2 months has won 2 cup finals. Especially the champs league.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    wouldnt expect a yank to know anything about football

watch chelsea-barca semi final 2nd leg 2009, thats a game where a team DESERVED to win but didnt.
    And Leeds in 1975 against Bayern Munich.

The difference between Bayern and 2009 is that Bayern couldn't score in a brothel so their poor finishing was punished, in 2009 we were denied 4 penalties. So all the ABC fans practicing schadenfreude from that event got their karma on Saturday. Nice to see a Bayern banner claiming it's their trophy. It reminded me of Barcelona celebrating before kicking off in the 1994 final and AC Milan gave them a lesson. May be people should never count their chickens before the eggs have hatched.

I was a bit disappointed with the tactics deployed though as Dortmund stuck 5 past them in the cup final. However, when we play good football we rarely get the credit it deserves so why please non-Chelsea fans for playing the "right" way? As long as we play under the Laws of the game, aesthetics become a bonus. I would rather play functional and boring football but with honour than play attractive football and dishonour.

Edit: I'd argue it's also an added bonus in having players represented in the England NT as much as possible. Four Londoners in Chelsea's squad too.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    you probably don't even understand what a double dip recession is past what you've been fed in the media RECESION. DOUBLE DIP. WORLD. ENDING. LOUD NOISES!!!!! . Never mind knowing what it takes to solve one. Taking a day off (of your allocated annual leave) to go watch your team play one of its biggest games is acceptable. Hell even David Cameron was watching it with merkel and obama
    Not to be too pedantic, but he supports Villa, not Chelsea.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Not to be too pedantic, but he supports Villa, not Chelsea.
    haha whatever :p: but i'm sure you get what i mean, if i had a ticket for the final and they weren't my team i'd still go
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People are STILL talking about it here in Munich. You should have seen it on Sunday/Monday. You could feel the depression. I had to hide my secret delight on Saturday evening while surrounded by Munich boyfriend and all his friends.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo1692)
    People are STILL talking about it here in Munich. You should have seen it on Sunday/Monday. You could feel the depression. I had to hide my secret delight on Saturday evening while surrounded by Munich boyfriend and all his friends.
    Any particular sets of German club fans that actually don't really support Bayern in European competitions? Seems like the whole country forms an epic Team Deutschland, whereas over here it's quite often the opposite.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.