The Student Room Group

Malcolm X, thoughts? Hero or Villain? Please share!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Malcolm X's views make Nick Griffin look like a kitten. He was an extreme Black racist who was full of racism.
He joined the Nation of Islam which summed up. The equivalent of the Black KKK. Any black person who supports him can really stay quiet about the BNP/EDL being racist. Malcolm X = racist terrorist.

Read his book then come back to this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Malcolm X's views make Nick Griffin look like a kitten. He was an extreme Black racist who was full of racism.
He joined the Nation of Islam which summed up. The equivalent of the Black KKK. Any black person who supports him can really stay quiet about the BNP/EDL being racist. Malcolm X = racist terrorist.

He was just giving the whites a taste of their own medicine. And he did change his views towards the end of his life, which is why he was killed.
Original post by Roger1
He was just giving the whites a taste of their own medicine. And he did change his views towards the end of his life, which is why he was killed.

I know, A bit like Obama's drones give Islam a bit of it's medicine on Bombings.
I'm old enough to have heard his speeches live and saw the results of his political activism. Malcolm X used a generation of young black men to try and elevate himself to leader of the black community. His speeches were filled with hate and he militarized hundreds of thousands of black men in a call to arms in preparation for a total and final race war. Later, when he abandoned the ridiculous and futile idea of armed rebellion, his "troops" didn't get the memo and they killed. The San Francisco Bay Area where I grew up was full of these two-bit haters. He was no more than a well dressed thug. His name shouldn't even be used in the same sentence with Martin Luther King Jr.
Original post by Oldcon1953
I'm old enough to have heard his speeches live and saw the results of his political activism. Malcolm X used a generation of young black men to try and elevate himself to leader of the black community. His speeches were filled with hate and he militarized hundreds of thousands of black men in a call to arms in preparation for a total and final race war. Later, when he abandoned the ridiculous and futile idea of armed rebellion, his "troops" didn't get the memo and they killed. The San Francisco Bay Area where I grew up was full of these two-bit haters. He was no more than a well dressed thug. His name shouldn't even be used in the same sentence with Martin Luther King Jr.

'For the white man to ask the black man if he hates him is just like the rapist asking the raped, or the wolf asking the sheep, ‘Do you hate me?’ The white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate! Why, when all of my ancestors are snake-bitten, and I’m snake-bitten, and I warn my children to avoid snakes, what does that snake sound like accusing me of hate-teaching?' - Malcolm X.

I suggest you reflect on these words, spoken more than 50 years ago, and consider why calling him a hate leader and a demagogue is so futile. Malcolm X was one of the greatest figures of the 21st century and if you are an American, then he is one of the greatest men your country has ever produced. I would be proud to call him a fellow countryman.

Sigh. All these characters, lower-case and upper-case, all just to say he was basically an uppity n*gger who dared to demand basic human rights for his people. Oh for simpler times when racists just said what they really thought instead of beating around the bush.
Reply 46
Original post by browndruidess
'For the white man to ask the black man if he hates him is just like the rapist asking the raped, or the wolf asking the sheep, ‘Do you hate me?’ The white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate! Why, when all of my ancestors are snake-bitten, and I’m snake-bitten, and I warn my children to avoid snakes, what does that snake sound like accusing me of hate-teaching?' - Malcolm X.

I suggest you reflect on these words, spoken more than 50 years ago, and consider why calling him a hate leader and a demagogue is so futile. Malcolm X was one of the greatest figures of the 21st century and if you are an American, then he is one of the greatest men your country has ever produced. I would be proud to call him a fellow countryman.

That is all well and good hate yt because muh ancestors and all I am asking that maybe you people some consistency in that twisted little ideology of yours yah? If I was to go and speak about my rightful resentment of blacks and arabs you and your Malcom guy would probably call me a hateful racist. That isn't fair is it? While you and him can say hate yt because 400 years ago your ancestor was a slave I can't say hate the black hate the arab because I am resentful of what they do to us this very day. That is not fair at all and your not being very consistent on your part.
Original post by mazigh
That is all well and good hate yt because muh ancestors and all I am asking that maybe you people some consistency in that twisted little ideology of yours yah? If I was to go and speak about my rightful resentment of blacks and arabs you and your Malcom guy would probably call me a hateful racist. That isn't fair is it? While you and him can say hate yt because 400 years ago your ancestor was a slave I can't say hate the black hate the arab because I am resentful of what they do to us this very day. That is not fair at all and your not being very consistent on your part.

'That's all well and good' - is that code for 'I cannot challenge you on a single point you actually made so I'm going to derail the conversation to terrain I am personally comfortable with'?

Of course you can hate blacks and arabs in the EXACT same way Malcolm X did.

When your ancestors were kidnapped into chattel slavery and told they were 3/5ths of a human being, systematically raped, tortured, castrated and worked to death.

When your childhood consisted of mobs of blacks and arabs in masked robes burning your house down and threatening your family.

When your father had his skull smashed in by arab/black supremacists and left on train tracks to die for daring to fight for his human rights.

When your mother was a product of rape by a black/arab man whose crime destroyed your grandmothers life.

When the racist, black/asian supremacist system drove your mother insane, institutionalized her, and split up all your brothers and sisters.

When any dream you've had, any aspiration, got stamped out by racist arab/black teachers who told you anything more than a carpenter was an unrealistic goal for a dumb white like you.

When every single door of opportunity, in the land you toiled for, the land you built with your bare hands, was closed. You can't sit there, you can't eat there, you can't study there, you can't pray there, you can't talk there, you can't BE there. You can't BE, basically. Imagine what that does to someone.

But sure go ahead, you're JUST like Malcolm X aren't you. You have every right to be racist because there was no justification AT ALL for the transitional PERIOD of his life in which he thought all whites were evil. No justification at all.

I would say you're not fit to lick his boots, but to be honest, neither am I. It's just that I know it.
Reply 48
'That's all well and good' - is that code for 'I cannot challenge you on a single point you actually made so I'm going to derail the conversation to terrain I am personally comfortable with'?

I don't really care what yts and blacks think about each other

Of course you can hate blacks and arabs in the EXACT same way Malcolm X did.

I don't, but let's be honest if I or someone like Malcom X did hate them they would not be a great man like this Mr Malcom they would be called a hateful one. You know what happens when they do something about it? The US State Dept. labels them a terrorist and some Europeon country intervenes so that the black or arab wins and can continue oppressing us

When your ancestors were kidnapped into chattel slavery and told they were 3/5ths of a human being, systematically raped, tortured, castrated and worked to death.

Muh ancestors

and they did do that to them by the way

When your father had his skull smashed in by arab/black supremacists and left on train tracks to die for daring to fight for his human rights.

Gaddafi and his black mercenaries have killed plenty of my family but it does not matter since in the end him and his blacks got lynched by us

When your mother was a product of rape by a black/arab man whose crime destroyed your grandmothers life.

Lol so hate yt malcom was part white himself?

When every single door of opportunity, in the land you toiled for, the land you built with your bare hands, was closed. You can't sit there, you can't eat there, you can't study there, you can't pray there, you can't talk there, you can't BE there. You can't BE, basically. Imagine what that does to someone.

Yah pretty much except I don't think Malcom X built america with his bare hands

But sure go ahead, you're JUST like Malcolm X aren't you. You have every right to be racist because there was no justification AT ALL for the transitional PERIOD of his life in which he thought all whites were evil. No justification at all.

I don't care if he is "racist" because it was a word made up by a communist jew and I don't hate arabs and blacks I just recognize them as our enemy. I think you are very hypocritical when I am in the wrong to hate them but he isn't when we have it way worse than some western black living in america

I would say you're not fit to lick his boots, but to be honest, neither am I. It's just that I know it.

Why would I want anything to do with him?
Original post by mazigh
I don't really care what yts and blacks think about each other

I don't, but let's be honest if I or someone like Malcom X did hate them they would not be a great man like this Mr Malcom they would be called a hateful one. You know what happens when they do something about it? The US State Dept. labels them a terrorist and some Europeon country intervenes so that the black or arab wins and can continue oppressing us

Muh ancestors

and they did do that to them by the way

Gaddafi and his black mercenaries have killed plenty of my family but it does not matter since in the end him and his blacks got lynched by us

Lol so hate yt malcom was part white himself?

Yah pretty much except I don't think Malcom X built america with his bare hands

I don't care if he is "racist" because it was a word made up by a communist jew and I don't hate arabs and blacks I just recognize them as our enemy. I think you are very hypocritical when I am in the wrong to hate them but he isn't when we have it way worse than some western black living in america

Why would I want anything to do with him?

You claimed Malcolm X was a racist and now you don't 'care' if he was?

Racism invented by a communist Jew? You literally have nothing to say do you. Its not even fair for me to debate you on a subject you know nothing about.

The stark hatred, ignorance and incoherence of your statement is literally mind-boggling. Take notice, fellow TSR members, racism fries the brain.
'For the white man to ask the black man if he hates him is just like the rapist asking the raped, or the wolf asking the sheep, ‘Do you hate me?’ The white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate! Why, when all of my ancestors are snake-bitten, and I’m snake-bitten, and I warn my children to avoid snakes, what does that snake sound like accusing me of hate-teaching?' - Malcolm X. I suggest you reflect on these words, spoken more than 50 years ago, and consider why calling him a hate leader and a demagogue is so futile. Malcolm X was one of the greatest figures of the 21st century and if you are an American, then he is one of the greatest men your country has ever produced. I would be proud to call him a fellow countryman.
Watch the freedom march newsreels from the 50s-60s. You'll see large numbers of whites in all of them. Malcolm X preached hatred of all whites.He saw he could exploit the appeal his call to militancy had on those who would bring about equal rights through violence. A nation of Islam within the borders of the US. That would have worked out well. His greatest contribution towards civil rights for blacks was his death. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion..
Watch the freedom march newsreels from the 50s-60s. You'll see large numbers of whites in all of them. Malcolm X preached hatred of all whites.He saw he could exploit the appeal his call to militancy had on those who would bring about equal rights through violence. A nation of Islam within the borders of the US. That would have worked out well. His greatest contribution towards civil rights for blacks was his death. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion..

You're right, MLK was a hero. Just not in the way your rainbow-coloured, PG rated teddy bear I-have-a-dream US education taught you. You see these civil rights leader lived brutal, heroic, epic lives that were often cut short. They struggled with self-hate, self-determination, a racist educational, judicial, societal system, faux-liberalism from insincere white 'allies' that marched alongside them, violence, paranoia, police brutality, demoralisation, lack of global support, broken bodies and spirits. They couldn't afford to be the teddy bear Mother Theresa types your education system woefully depicts them as. They weren't wholesome. Guess what, desperate times, desperate measures.

Yet you expect them to be upstanding, selfless, superhuman angels of forgiveness and mercy. And I'll tell you why, because deep down you don't consider them like you, they're not people in the way you and white Americans are. They're not allowed to feel pain, anguish or even anger because that's 'reverse racism'. So you coddle yourself into thinking that some like MLK would be on YOUR side. The same MLK that said the greatest mistake he might have made was integrating his people into white US society, for fear it would destroy them?

And best of all, in 2014, you still think YOU have the right, the audacity to choose who gets to be a representative of black people, who THEY can laud as their heroes?
Ask yourself one measly question, and if you have one iota of moral fibre in your being, answer it honestly.

What kind of ****ery did millions of people have to endure for 'white people are the devil incarnate' to be a message that connects with them, that they would rally around that and build a Nation of Islam. But if, as you said, you really were around at that time, you probably saw what they had to endure. And you probably stood by and watched.
(edited 9 years ago)
You're right, MLK was a hero. Just not in the way your rainbow-coloured, PG rated teddy bear I-have-a-dream US education taught you. You see these civil rights leader lived brutal, heroic, epic lives that were often cut short. They struggled with self-hate, self-determination, a racist educational, judicial, societal system, faux-liberalism from insincere white 'allies' that marched alongside them, violence, paranoia, police brutality, demoralisation, lack of global support, broken bodies and spirits. They couldn't afford to be the teddy bear Mother Theresa types your education system woefully depicts them as. They weren't wholesome. Guess what, desperate times, desperate measures. Yet you expect them to be upstanding, selfless, superhuman angels of forgiveness and mercy. And I'll tell you why, because deep down you don't consider them like you, they're not people in the way you and white Americans are. They're not allowed to feel pain, anguish or even anger because that's 'reverse racism'. So you coddle yourself into thinking that some like MLK would be on YOUR side. The same MLK that said the greatest mistake he might have made was integrating his people into white US society, for fear it would destroy them? And best of all, in 2014, you still think YOU have the right, the audacity to choose who gets to be a representative of black people, who THEY can laud as their heroes? Ask yourself one measly question, and if you have one iota of moral fibre in your being, answer it honestly.What kind of ****ery did millions of people have to endure for 'white people are the devil incarnate' to be a message that connects with them, that they would rally around that and build a Nation of Islam. But if, as you said, you really were around at that time, you probably saw what they had to endure. And you probably stood by and watched.
The type of dehumanizing racism your alluding to existed in a few states in the deep south. I grew up a went to school with blacks who never lived under that sort of legal discrimination. Calif. blacks never saw a whites only drinking fountain. Malcolm didn't appeal to peoples humanity. He appealed to those who like comitting violence. Like I said, a thug with a thugs message. I should also say that his call for a nation of Islam was seen as silly by most blacks. Many black families today have three pictures on the wall; JFK, Martin Luther King, and Jesus. Revisionist history can't even revive him.
(edited 9 years ago)
The type of dehumanizing racism your alluding to existed in a few states in the deep south. I grew up a went to school with blacks who never lived under that sort of legal discrimination. Calif. blacks never saw a whites only drinking fountain. Malcolm didn't appeal to peoples humanity. He appealed to those who like comitting violence. Like I said, a thug with a thugs message. I should also say that his call for a nation of Islam was seen as silly by most blacks. Many black families today have three pictures on the wall; JFK, Martin Luther King, and Jesus. Revisionist history can't even revive him.

Don't sidestep my question. What kind of f*ckery do you think went on NATIONWIDE to make perfectly reasonable, church-going respectable black folk see some truth in the 'white devil' message of NOI?

Don't give me that Southern racism excuse. In Malcolm's own words, all the brutality he witnessed, all the horrors that marked his life, he maintained that he was a 'product of the Northern white system' and knew nothing of the South. Literally every single civil rights leader offered up the old adage of the Southern vicious racist wolf that they preferred to the slimy, devious racist Northern fox. So basically racism only exists when you decide?

Listen, it's OK to have a blind spot. I can tell you're not black, so racism will forever be your blind spot, especially in America. It doesn't make you less of a person, or even less intellectual. It just means you CAN'T live it, and you can't understand the meaning he had to his people, and the oppressed everywhere. I see some white Americans bring up revolutionary figures like Washington, Jefferson and Reagan, and I understand why some blacks have no respect for them. They can't look past their racism, their enslavement of their own half-black children etc etc. You can't look a period in Malcolm X's life where he spoke out, sometimes misguidedly, against oppression. But that's the beauty of this man, he's a perfect reminder that hate is never the answer. He changed his ways and did what many of us are too proud to do.....he publicly admitted he was wrong.

It isn't revisionist history, he died on the very same page your apparently beloved MLK did. And you are really misled if you believe he has been forgotten, as an American you of all people should know that in ANY black sphere, literally ANY, mention his name and the consensus is blinding. It is literally the only thing I've ever seen black people agree on vehemently, despite the hive mind racists seem to think they have, he is ADORED.

“When I am dead I say it that way because from the things I know, I do not expect to live long enough to read this book in its finished from I want you to just watch and see if I’m not right when I say: that the white man, in his press, is going to identify me with ‘hate' - Malcolm X.

Sorry, but that quote implies that every white person is racist, which is not something I can agree with.
Original post by De Chirico
Sorry, but that quote implies that every white person is racist, which is not something I can agree with.

“It isn’t the American white
man who is a racist, but it’s the American political, economic and social atmosphere that automatically nourishes a racist psychology in the white man.” How's that quote for you. This guy, and many other civil rights leaders, literally experienced nothing but hell at the hands of white Americans and yet STILL maintained the dignity to distinguish between the white supremacist power structure they lived under and individual whites.

It's fine that you don't agree with him. I mean, if you believe in concepts of reverse racism in 1950s America and that he was 'just as bad' as those lynching and beating, the messages of civil rights leaders aren't really going to resonate with you anyway.
Reply 56
Malcolm > MLK. Who the hell was Martin Luther King anyway with his "I've a dream" bull****? Malcolm X FTW.
Original post by Roger1
Malcolm > MLK. Who the hell was Martin Luther King anyway with his "I've a dream" bull****? Malcolm X FTW.

Mate, literally everything they taught us in the classroom about MLK was a lie. He's painted as this teddy-bear Ghandi figure intentionally to undermine Malcolm X, Angela Davis, Bobby Seale and other 'violent' civil rights leaders. Basically, non-black people who want to rewrite black history.

MLK called the US 'the greatest purveyor of violence in the world', the FBI basically launched a war against him, J.Edgar Hoover, the Director of the FBI, called him the 'most dangerous Negro in the country'. And he died at the hands of a racist......how radical is that?

Honestly, there's 'black history', and then there's black history.
Reply 58
Mate, literally everything they taught us in the classroom about MLK was a lie. He's painted as this teddy-bear Ghandi figure intentionally to undermine Malcolm X, Angela Davis, Bobby Seale and other 'violent' civil rights leaders. Basically, non-black people who want to rewrite black history.

MLK called the US 'the greatest purveyor of violence in the world', the FBI basically launched a war against him, J.Edgar Hoover, the Director of the FBI, called him the 'most dangerous Negro in the country'. And he died at the hands of a racist......how radical is that?

Honestly, there's 'black history', and then there's black history.

I know man.
Don't sidestep my question. What kind of f*ckery do you think went on NATIONWIDE to make perfectly reasonable, church-going respectable black folk see some truth in the 'white devil' message of NOI? Don't give me that Southern racism excuse. In Malcolm's own words, all the brutality he witnessed, all the horrors that marked his life, he maintained that he was a 'product of the Northern white system' and knew nothing of the South. Literally every single civil rights leader offered up the old adage of the Southern vicious racist wolf that they preferred to the slimy, devious racist Northern fox. So basically racism only exists when you decide? Listen, it's OK to have a blind spot. I can tell you're not black, so racism will forever be your blind spot, especially in America. It doesn't make you less of a person, or even less intellectual. It just means you CAN'T live it, and you can't understand the meaning he had to his people, and the oppressed everywhere. I see some white Americans bring up revolutionary figures like Washington, Jefferson and Reagan, and I understand why some blacks have no respect for them. They can't look past their racism, their enslavement of their own half-black children etc etc. You can't look a period in Malcolm X's life where he spoke out, sometimes misguidedly, against oppression. But that's the beauty of this man, he's a perfect reminder that hate is never the answer. He changed his ways and did what many of us are too proud to do.....he publicly admitted he was wrong. It isn't revisionist history, he died on the very same page your apparently beloved MLK did. And you are really misled if you believe he has been forgotten, as an American you of all people should know that in ANY black sphere, literally ANY, mention his name and the consensus is blinding. It is literally the only thing I've ever seen black people agree on vehemently, despite the hive mind racists seem to think they have, he is ADORED.“When I am dead I say it that way because from the things I know, I do not expect to live long enough to read this book in its finished from I want you to just watch and see if I’m not right when I say: that the white man, in his press, is going to identify me with ‘hate' - Malcolm X.
Got news for you. Malcolm X is not adored by the black community. Some do. But Hitler is adored by some and the level of hatred they both held for asnother race was probably equal. Malcolm X had good reason to think his memory would be identified with hate. Hatred was what he preached so why wouldn't it be? He recruited followers with the same level of hatred and an easy willingness for violence. He was killed by his own creation. Do you think MLKs followers would have assassinated him over a disagreement on strategy? No. I'm fascinated to know someone is presenting Malcolm X an important historical figure in the US struggle for civil rights. Is it something your studying in college or is it your own conclusion? As far as I know the black population in the US prison system is the only place that you'll find his memory held in any esteem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending