The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyndsayg
I just cant seem to take anything in and worried about actor stations. I'm really not good with stuff like that.

I think they might ask what the problem is with xrays [just my thought]
eg: over developed, under developed, patient moved so on and so on.
Try to think that the actors are just people they are the same as us xx
Reply 61
Its just the thought of not knowing. I dnt want to go into a station an crumble and not know what to say. I'm sitting mine at 2.30pm wish it was in the morning
Reply 62
I am also taking it tomorrow, there a few things that im pretty sure will come up...

Medical emergencies, esp faint, hypo, angina. Be able to explain what a faint/hypo is, drugs and dosages
Denture care advice
XLA post-op
Fissure sealant advice
OHI advice
x-ray faults
charting
Alginate mixing

things that might also come up (well things i have been learning)
Set-up for denture stages
BPE perio advice
BLS with maybe an ANNIE
medical history taking
patient confidentiality
instruments for surgical xla, composite restorations, amalgam, RCT.

Who knows really this is all guess work, shall find out tomorrow. Im in at 12.30, wish it was 9.00. There is a large drink with my name all over it for afterwards!!
Its just the thought of not knowing. I dnt want to go into a station an crumble and not know what to say. I'm sitting mine at 2.30 pm wish it was in the morning

Hi mine is at at 9 am it takes about 1 and half hour to get to leeds so i will let you know what its like if i get home in time then you will know, well i say 9 the exam dosn't start till 10 and finishes at 11.40, my advise would be to try and enjoy it i know that will be hard but i'm just thinking [they are only people] and if i mess up its not the end of the world.
i will let you know if i can what its like
GOOD LUCK XX:smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Glynis Jones
Hi mine is at at 9 am it takes about 1 and half hour to get to leeds so i will let you know what its like if i get home in time then you will know, well i say 9 the exam dosn't start till 10 and finishes at 11.40, my advise would be to try and enjoy it i know that will be hard but i'm just thinking [they are only people] and if i mess up its not the end of the world.
i will let you know if i can what its like
GOOD LUCK XX:smile:

I think its just the not knowing what your going in to. Once i'm there i'll hopefully be fine :smile:. Good luck to u too 😄 xx
Original post by Patynurse
I don't think you guys are allowed to say tomorrow how it went in here. I've seen people been removed before in other threads . Just a word of advice btw !Good luck :wink:

Hi thanks for the advice i didn't think i would be doing anything wrong just trying to put people at ease
thank you xx
Reply 66
Yeah well if you go back a page the other people have put what they had and they didn't get in trouble Good luck girls xxx
Reply 67
How did the girls get on with the exam yesterday? I have mine at 2.30 today. Can't wait til its over and done with and i can relax. Not feeling confident at all :frown:
Reply 68
How did the girls get on with the exam yesterday? I have mine at 2.30 today. Can't wait til its over and done with and i can relax. Not feeling confident at all :frown:

revise about
- burs , the names
- xray fim consist ( leaid foil, black paper, etc...)
- how to fill risk assesment form
-advise for partial denture
-orthodontic braces, advise, what will happen after next visit....
-dcontamination, how you clean instruments...
- confidentiality of pt, read in a book about that
I just cant seem to take anything in and worried about actor stations. I'm really not good with stuff like that.

Hi, i know you will be in the exam now and i hope it goes ok for you, i did not like the setting i could hear people in other stations talking, while i was in i thought OMG but when i came out im not sure if i was pleased i had finished or that i think i might have done ok, i think what im saying is im not sure how i done.
How about you how did you find it??
Hope you do well xx
Reply 70
It was really hard and i also thought i didnt do as much as i could have. I done my best though so hopefully it will pay off. Just glad its over with now :smile:. Hw do u think u did? Xx
Original post by adelaideh
Hi I am also sitting on saturday and I am dreading it I don't have a clue what they are going to go over.
Do you know if you have to get all the charting right? There isnt much at all on the internet to look at sitting it in Birmingham saturday :frown:

Hi how did you find the exam yesterday I hated it, The setting was horrible I could hear people in other stations, I will be shocked if i pass :s-smilie:
Reply 72
I found it horrible and felt like 5 minutes was not enough time to explain all what was expected from us. Not confident at all. The written was a doddle compared to that
Reply 73
How many stations do you need to pass?
Reply 74
I think the pass mark is adjusted in comparison to how everyone else did, so if everyone did badly the pass mark is lower and if everyone did well the pass is higher.

I thought the OSCE was OK in places and pretty hard in others. What was the deal with the fainting guy, was he fainting? I did all the fainting stuff but he wasn't getting better?
Some of the questions were hard to understand, i didn't really get what order the x-ray packet should have been laid out.
It wasn't obvious (to me) who was the actor and who wasn't in some stations, i either stared talking to the examiner or ignored both! Must have been the nerves!
Original post by Vgoose
I found it horrible and felt like 5 minutes was not enough time to explain all what was expected from us. Not confident at all. The written was a doddle compared to that

I agree with you, I hope I pass because I don't fancy doing that again,
I hope we all pass but everyone saying the same at the end of the exam
[OMG that was hard :confused:
Well how do we all feel now its nearly 1 week since we done it I wish we were on week 3 and we all have our results, think if i pass mine i might be like the fainting guy in the exam because i will be so shocked, i cannot believe we have to buy the badge i think after all out hard work we should be given it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE X
Reply 77
hiya im so stressed waiting for the results ,I think the results going to be released on 23rd feb which is Saturday,fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by monica84
hiya im so stressed waiting for the results ,I think the results going to be released on 23rd feb which is Saturday,fingers crossed :smile:

Hi, I think people have put on here they have waited over 4 weeks
:s-smilie:
Reply 79
I am really nervous about getting the results too, I'm pretty sure I have failed! :frown: I was so nervous and made loads of silly mistakes. Do we definitely get the results on the 23rd?

Latest