The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to you. I am sure we will do fine. I am just trying to remain calm and go over my notes although I am still doing notes too. I know my stuff to an extent but I know if I get flustered or nervous I will not remember much :-(. I think we will be okay though just have to pray and remain calm.
Reply 941
Original post by SAK1987
Good luck to you. I am sure we will do fine. I am just trying to remain calm and go over my notes although I am still doing notes too. I know my stuff to an extent but I know if I get flustered or nervous I will not remember much :-(. I think we will be okay though just have to pray and remain calm.

Good luck to you too. Yea Im trying to stay calm as well and if I get too nervous on the day I will forget everything to :frown:. I hope it goes in fast lol
Original post by Amy_Mck
Good luck to you too. Yea Im trying to stay calm as well and if I get too nervous on the day I will forget everything to :frown:. I hope it goes in fast lol

I have been told it goes like a blur, you won't remember much of what occurred and you will feel like you failed. But as long as you try to remain calm and remember basic stuff like your name, candidate number, that you are wearing PPE and have washed your hands you should be fine. Only 10 stations or so with two rest stations. They want people to pass :-)
Reply 943
Original post by SAK1987
I have been told it goes like a blur, you won't remember much of what occurred and you will feel like you failed. But as long as you try to remain calm and remember basic stuff like your name, candidate number, that you are wearing PPE and have washed your hands you should be fine. Only 10 stations or so with two rest stations. They want people to pass :-)

Thanks for the advice ill try and remember to say about the ppe etc :smile:
Original post by Amy_Mck
Thanks for the advice ill try and remember to say about the ppe etc :smile:

We will pass :-). I have had quite a bit of OSCE experience via my course provider on my weekly study day and had an OSCE mock on weds. That was a real wake up call for me. I need to do a script for different dental scenarios to try and remember what to say. For example how to advise a patient on oral health who has gingivitus but they also smoke and drink. I need to write a few key points in an order that I am able to remember it in. Good luck x
Hello
I am currently revising for my osce exam does anyone have any advise on any stations atal ?
Thank you
Original post by Jessica1992
Hello
I am currently revising for my osce exam does anyone have any advise on any stations atal ?
Thank you

I don't know for sure but can only go on what my course provider has been giving me in the way of advice and practice. I also did some research on the internet for the last 3-4 OSCE's and saw what came up.
I am revising set up for restorative procedures (as its pretty much the same just diff materials/impressions maybe required depending on what it is), basic set up for extractions, identifying extraction forceps, post op for extractions, post op for ortho device being fitted (removable and fixed), setting up of the surgery, manual x ray developing, identifying xrays, reasons why the are done and what is shown, sterilisation hand pieces and insturments, denture post ops, denture instuments/materials selection depending on stage, fissure sealant, topical fluoride, burs, mixing materials, medical emergencies, what to do in them, what you would see from patient, emergency drugs associated, confidentiality, informed consent, charting, root canal set up, diet sheet, probes, general insturments (restorative/perio/endo), oh advice, advice for smokers/drinkers/gingivitis, dental nerves, anatomy and I think that's it. I can't say I remember much as I am still making notes but hope by the end of tomorrow I will start going over them more.
There will be about 10 stations. A couple mixing, one medical emergency for sure, might even say put in recovery, then probs some post op ones but for what treatment we don't know, confidentiality/consent will probs come up and something involving a parent/child so maybe fissure sealant.

I hope this helps. I am worried about it but think we will all be fine. We know more than we realise. Good luck x
Reply 947
Thanks for all the help. Good luck :smile:
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and Saturday. Mine is tomorrow in West London. Do your best. X
Reply 949
Original post by SAK1987
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and Saturday. Mine is tomorrow in West London. Do your best. X

good luck to you too. Mine is in Belfast. So nervous right now!
How did the osce go ? Was hard?
Reply 951
Original post by science19
How did the osce go ? Was hard?

It wasn't hard as you know everything. But my nerves got the better of me and I didn't talk as much as I hoped and I think I messed up quite a bit unfortunately. Really think I failed it :frown:
Reply 952
Hi I sat mine yesterday as well was quite happy when I left but the more I think the more mistakes i remember. Why do you think you failed?
Original post by Amy_Mck
It wasn't hard as you know everything. But my nerves got the better of me and I didn't talk as much as I hoped and I think I messed up quite a bit unfortunately. Really think I failed it :frown:
Had mine today and I get what you mean,I was mixing alginate while sitting God knows why and the powder went on my uniform 😔 I didn't like the exam at all but it stressed me out too much to do well in it 😭
Reply 954
Hi Girls, how was the OSCE goes? My it's in June can you please tell us roughly what was in the stations? So at least I have an idea what to revise. Thank you in advance 😀😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Everyone ,

For those of you that recently did their OSCE exam i'm sure you all did fine :smile:

Please could you inform me and what the stations were like so i may share it with my class , thank you so much in advance x
Reply 956
Thank you for the info 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been reading the threads... There is so much to cover in the Levisons book! Is it best to hair read the Q&A book? Feel like nothing is registering in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweetb5
I've been reading the threads... There is so much to cover in the Levisons book! Is it best to hair read the Q&A book? Feel like nothing is registering in!

For the written paper I revised from the q&a book. Definitely gained a lot of marks from this book as some exact questions came up.I did look briefly through levisons as well. For OSCEs I didn't do that much theory revision other than medical emergencies, post op advice and X Ray's. A lot it is down to being friendly and professional and being clean and tidy. Greet each examiner and introduce yourself by name each time. And make sure to do the task that is stated. This was for NEBDN and I passed last summer. Make sure you are careful and accurate with your mixing. I asked my dentist to let me load alginate trays and give post op advice in the run up to the exam which he normally does just so u was confident saying it out loud. Hope that helps!
Thanks Amberooney!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest