The Student Room Group

Israel bans UN human rights observers from entering the country

JERUSALEM (AP) Israel cut working relations with the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday and will bar a U.N. team from entering Israel or the West Bank for a planned investigation of Jewish settlements, the Foreign Ministry said.

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-bar-un-fact-finding-team-entering-130937612.html;_ylt=AlBnwdmmRjS19g95lpAVdGJvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNndjZjajEyBG1pdAMEcGtnA2M4ZGEwMDVmLWE1YTgtMzE1YS1iMTJmLTk3MTdmNDVkZTA2YgRwb3MDMTAEc2VjA2xuX01pZEVhc3RfZ2FsBHZlcgM3NWM3ZTU3MC03NzcxLTExZTEtOTc0Mi04ZDQwMTE1ZWE4ZmU-;_ylv=3

Should we invade? Why won't they let the inspectors in? Are they building nuclear weapons? Killing people?

The UN should send in investigators under military protection. Apply sanctions on trade. Freeze the assets of their central bank. Whatever it takes to bring these bullies in line with the civilized world.

If any other country did this, it would be viewed as promoting and hiding human rights violations.

I wonder why Iran or any other embargoed nation doesn't pick up on this and scream double standards.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by el scampio
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-bar-un-fact-finding-team-entering-130937612.html;_ylt=AlBnwdmmRjS19g95lpAVdGJvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNndjZjajEyBG1pdAMEcGtnA2M4ZGEwMDVmLWE1YTgtMzE1YS1iMTJmLTk3MTdmNDVkZTA2YgRwb3MDMTAEc2VjA2xuX01pZEVhc3RfZ2FsBHZlcgM3NWM3ZTU3MC03NzcxLTExZTEtOTc0Mi04ZDQwMTE1ZWE4ZmU-;_ylv=3

Should we invade? Why won't they let the inspectors in? Are they building nuclear weapons? Killing people?

The UN should send in investigators under military protection. Apply sanctions on trade. Freeze the assets of their central bank. Whatever it takes to bring these bullies in line with the civilized world.

If any other country did this, it would be viewed as promoting and hiding human rights violations.

I wonder why Iran or any other embargoed nation doesn't pick up on this and scream double standards.

Well its slightly difficult when Iran and many other embargoed nations have committed and commit worse crimes against their people than Israel.

Anyway this should not be used to score political points against one side or another. Israel is acting terribly here.
(edited 11 years ago)
Should we invade? If it wasn't for Israel then Europe and the rest of the world would have suffered much worse from terrorist attacks. We need an ally on the front line. And no, they're not killing people. My aunt lives there, and her neighbour is Palestinian. I'm sure they would have told me something by now.

Stop trying to cause arguments.
Reply 3
Out of all the millions of issues in the world today, you picked this one. I wonder why? :yawn:
Reply 4
Original post by justmyopinions
Should we invade? If it wasn't for Israel then Europe and the rest of the world would have suffered much worse from terrorist attacks. We need an ally on the front line. And no, they're not killing people. My aunt lives there, and her neighbour is Palestinian. I'm sure they would have told me something by now.

Stop trying to cause arguments.

Israel not killing people? What about Operation Cast Lead which left 1,400 Palestinians dead, including 300 children?

What about the 22 Turkish peacekeepers murdered by Israel whilst delivering aid to Palestine?

Israel has consistently demonstrated itself to be the aggressors against Palestinians by using chemical weapons, lying, bulldozing civilian homes, manipulating main-stream-media, disregarding their own intelligence, commiting false flag events, and cutting into sovereign Palestinian territory since its existence.

Reply 5
Invade Israel? Are you actually mad?
Reply 6
Israel not killing people? What about Operation Cast Lead which left 1,400 Palestinians dead, including 300 children?

What about the 22 Turkish peacekeepers murdered by Israel whilst delivering aid to Palestine?

Israel has consistently demonstrated itself to be the aggressors against Palestinians by using chemical weapons, lying, bulldozing civilian homes, manipulating main-stream-media, disregarding their own intelligence, commiting false flag events, and cutting into sovereign Palestinian territory since its existence.

Sorry to where?
Reply 7
This doesn't surprise me at all, coming from the most 'democratic' nation in the Middle East. And no, we shouldn't/don't have the capability to invade them, but something has to be done. So sick of hearing of them getting away with murder.
Not that surprising, Israel have never been comfortable with a number of UN bodies, especially the UNHRC and that mistrust is not unfounded (they are hardly an unbiased organization especially when it comes to Israel and the fact some of the countries who currently hold membership are anything but pro human rights goes to show how big of a joke the UNHRC is) but think they have acted poorly in completely cutting ties with the council because of the backlash it will cause, can understand the move but don't think it was the right one.
(edited 11 years ago)

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/15/134556564/Jewish-Familys-Murder-Adds-To-Israeli-Palestinian-Tensions?ps=cprs

and then

http://forward.com/articles/137111/two-palestinian-teens-arrested-in-fogel-family-mur/

Yeah, these Isralis are evil alright.
Don't act as though everything is one sided.

also, why was he throwing stones in the first place?
Although this is a bad incident and those involved should be investigated.
Btw, Palestine doesn't exist. Never been one, just the name of an unofficial area.
Reply 11

Why do you care? Clearly the leaders of Gaza don't. If they did they wouldn't have hid weapons in densely populated areas. Maybe they could have stopped their soldiers from wearing civilian clothing too? It's almost as if they did it on purpose, because idiots such as yourself eat up the propaganda by the bucket load. And seriously? That article is from 2004, and it looks more like the kid has a hankerchief tied round his arm than him being tied to the vehicle. If this is all the evidence you need to condemn a country, then there is no helping you.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm just waiting for my links to be approved :smile: they direct to news articles about the Fogel Family (mother, father, and three children) who were brutally murdered in their home in Israel by Palestinian terrorists in 2011.
Have you actually looked up the UNHRC? Here's a hint: the name is a bit of a misnomer.
Reply 14
Original post by Elipsis
Why do you care? Clearly the leaders of Gaza don't. If they did they wouldn't have hid weapons in densely populated areas. Maybe they could have stopped their soldiers from wearing civilian clothing too? It's almost as if they did it on purpose, because idiots such as yourself eat up the propaganda by the bucket load. And seriously? That article is from 2004, and it looks more like the kid has a hankerchief tied round his arm than him being tied to the vehicle. If this is all the evidence you need to condemn a country, then there is no helping you.

If you think the Massacre of Gaza is a lie, you should ask all the human rights organisations & foreign journalists who arrived in Gaza and saw the Massacre for themselves.

The West, especially USA, continues to judge Israel's immoral activities based on the guilt it feels about the Nazi attempts to exterminate the Jews. Until this guilt is purged and replaced with a rational response, justice in the area will not be done. The Israeli government continue to treat the Palestinians in much the same way as the Jews were treated by the Nazis; two wrongs do not make a right.

I think that as Justice has been apllied to the Nazi's, one day the same justice will be applied to the Killers of innocent Palestinians!

What about the 22 Turkish peacekeepers murdered by Israel whilstdelivering aid to Palestine?

Conspiracy/bull**** alert! This frothy rant doesn't actually correspond to anything that's actually going on in the world. Try again?
If you think the Massacre of Gaza is a lie, you should ask all the human rights organisations & foreign journalists who arrived in Gaza and saw the Massacre for themselves.

The West, especially USA, continues to judge Israel's immoral activities based on the guilt it feels about the Nazi attempts to exterminate the Jews. Until this guilt is purged and replaced with a rational response, justice in the area will not be done. The Israeli government continue to treat the Palestinians in much the same way as the Jews were treated by the Nazis; two wrongs do not make a right.

I think that as Justice has been apllied to the Nazi's, one day the same justice will be applied to the Killers of innocent Palestinians!

You just keep on digging yourself deeper into your fantasy world.
Reply 17
Original post by justmyopinions
also, why was he throwing stones in the first place?
Although this is a bad incident and those involved should be investigated.
Btw, Palestine doesn't exist. Never been one, just the name of an unofficial area.

He was throwing stones because he doesn't like a nation to steal his homeland and turn them into settlements on the basis of religious tesimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Not the world's best source but I'm sure you can read up on your history.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18

Lets face it; You only care about this issue because it's Muslims being killed. How about you sort out your own house. I don't give a crap if 1,400 Palestinians died (1000 of which could have been preventable if Hamas didn't conduct themselves like scum), when you couldn't give 2 ****s about 4 million Christians killed at the hands of your brothers down in Sudan.

1,400 people is a lot, but it's no massacre. It is in fact about the same amount of people that Islamists kill in suicide attacks in any given month. Thanks to Israel, Palestinians have doubled in number in the last 2 decades, and also have a higher life expectancy than almost all their neighbors. Such horrible oppressors! And all they have to do for total peace is sign a piece of paper, and stop expecting Israel to just give up all their land because they guilt trip them.
Original post by Kiss
He was throwing stones because he doesn't like a nation to steal his homeland and turn them into settlements on the basis of religious tesimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Not the world's best source but I'm sure you can read up on your history.

Just as the Arabs stole Jewish property in the 30's, 40's and beyond? My grandmother wants her house in Libya back.

Quick Reply

Latest