The Student Room Group

Israel bans UN human rights observers from entering the country

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kiss
He was throwing stones because he doesn't like a nation to steal his homeland and turn them into settlements on the basis of religious tesimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Not the world's best source but I'm sure you can read up on your history.

Do you honestly think such a young child knows anything about politics beyond the brainwashing of his parents? He is a clear example of why this conflict has kept going for so long... Palestinians should just admit they lost and sign the treaties. No nation that lost a war has ever got to dictate terms. Maybe Israel would give the land back, when Arabs give back all the land they've stolen from various people over the centuries?
Original post by el scampio

The dad should be thanking the police for not arresting the kid, or himself (as his legal guardian), as they should when one commits a crime.
Reply 22
Original post by Elipsis
Do you honestly think such a young child knows anything about politics beyond the brainwashing of his parents? He is a clear example of why this conflict has kept going for so long... Palestinians should just admit they lost and sign the treaties. No nation that lost a war has ever got to dictate terms. Maybe Israel would give the land back, when Arabs give back all the land they've stolen from various people over the centuries?

Just because they lost the war and their doesn't mean to say they aren't going to keep fighting for their rightful homeland. And they aren't going to get anything back if they sign a treaty, Israel has already made that clear in their building of illegal settlements and consistent abuse, breaking of human rights and international law. Their claim to a homeland is only based on sympathy from western governments in light of the holocaust and is quite a poor argument in the legal sense eg. "We lived here thousands of years ago so give us a home land, even if there are people there now." - by that logic Scandanavia has a right to own parts of the UK, or the Italians have a right to reclaim all of the Roman Empire's land. This article only reaffirms what everyone else knows, Israel is breaking rules again. But does the west do anything? No. And you can try and fail to throw back something but the reality is that Israel has broken international law numerous times.

I don't see why you care so much to defend a nation build of greed and the principle that it is okay to rob someone of their home. Zionism disgusts me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Furthermore, you should consider the fact that every surrounding muslim state intentionally keeps the Palestinian people in Palestine and (with one minor exception) does not offer refuge to Palestinians in order to nurture their self-portrait as victims of western oppression and have a political bargaining point rather than offering help.
Reply 24
Israel not killing people? What about Operation Cast Lead which left 1,400 Palestinians dead, including 300 children?

What about the 22 Turkish peacekeepers murdered by Israel whilst delivering aid to Palestine?

Israel has consistently demonstrated itself to be the aggressors against Palestinians by using chemical weapons, lying, bulldozing civilian homes, manipulating main-stream-media, disregarding their own intelligence, commiting false flag events, and cutting into sovereign Palestinian territory since its existence.

You seem very ignorant along with a lot of other Israel 'Haters'. I really do not understand why you cannot see the truth or perhaps you can, and choose to ignore it.
The 22 turkish 'peacekeepers' as you mention where not trying to bring aid into gaza, they were there to violate the blockade. If they were really bringing aid why did they have weapons on board to assualt the Israeli soldiers. Not only that, why didnt they pass the 'aid' through the land as was wholly allowed. They were there for only one reason, you know what that is and dont try to deny it. Why are you so scared to see the truth?
Oh yeah Palestine has never existed, learn some history please. Im not waisting any more of my time with people like you, you seem to immature to understand the blatant truth.
Original post by justmyopinions
also, why was he throwing stones in the first place?

How the hell does that justify using him as a human shield?

Although this is a bad incident and those involved should be investigated.
Btw, Palestine doesn't exist. Never been one, just the name of an unofficial area.

What?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Mandate_for_Palestine_(legal_instrument)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#History
Reply 26
Original post by Kiss
Just because they lost the war and their doesn't mean to say they aren't going to keep fighting for their rightful homeland. And they aren't going to get anything back if they sign a treaty, Israel has already made that clear in their building of illegal settlements and consistent abuse, breaking of human rights and international law. This article only reaffirms what everyone else knows, Israel is breaking rules again. But does the west do anything? No.

I don't see why you care so much to defend a nation build of greed and the principle that it is okay to rob someone of their home. Zionism disgusts me.

Remind me, how did the Arabs end up on that land? Either it has always been wrong to take land, or it was never wrong. The Palestinians should STFU until they have enough power to take the land back, and I will support their right to do so when they do. The Jews didn't just hang around crying, and encouraging so called 'massacres' on their people. They left, or kept their mouths shut.

If they want to keep fighting when they are in such a pathetically weak position, then how can they expect any sympathy from me? Why should the West get involved in such a trivial matter? There are bigger fish to fry in the world.
should we invade? no but we should impose harsh economic sanctions until they yield
Reply 28
Original post by PorQpine
Furthermore, you should consider the fact that every surrounding muslim state intentionally keeps the Palestinian people in Palestine and (with one minor exception) does not offer refuge to Palestinians in order to nurture their self-portrait as victims of western oppression and have a political bargaining point rather than offering help.

Haha, don't get me started on this! Arab states could absorb Palestinians in the blink of an eye. The land Palestinians are sat on is worthless, like almost all Arab land that doesn't have oil under it. They could be set up on some worthless land just over the border. The whole reason they don't is because it directly violates the Quran, that they would lose the land. It does in fact state that land conquered by Muslims will never be lost, and that's why they won't STFU. And it's also why I don't give a damn about the conflict they've kept going for decades because of it.
Reply 29
Original post by Elipsis
Remind me, how did the Arabs end up on that land? Either it has always been wrong to take land, or it was never wrong. The Palestinians should STFU until they have enough power to take the land back, and I will support their right to do so when they do. The Jews didn't just hang around crying, and encouraging so called 'massacres' on their people. They left, or kept their mouths shut.

If they want to keep fighting when they are in such a pathetically weak position, then how can they expect any sympathy from me? Why should the West get involved in such a trivial matter? There are bigger fish to fry in the world.

No they didn't, there were numerous militant zionist groups before the creation of Irael in the 20th century, before then in the 17th century there was a minority Jewish population who lived in the Ottoman Empire controlled region that is now Palestine and were offered a home land which they refused. Yet they have never stopped whining on about wanting a homeland - you can check the Torah as a document of proof.

And your marvellously sympathetic response only reaffirmed my point.
Reply 30
Original post by Kiss
No they didn't, there were numerous militant zionist groups before the creation of Irael in the 20th century, before then in the 17th century there was a minority Jewish population who lived in the Ottoman Empire controlled region that is now Palestine and were offered a home land which they refused. Yet they have never stopped whining on about wanting a homeland - you can check the Torah as a document of proof.

And your marvellously sympathetic response only reaffirmed my point.

You seem to be forgetting that Arabs also kicked a ridiculously large number of Jews off their land, will they be getting their land back? Also, what happens to Palestinians for their support of Hitler and working in concentration camps? They deserve to lose some land for this if nothing else.

Answer the question directly: has it always been wrong to take land OR was it never wrong? Because as far as I can tell the Jews who you are referencing were in pretty much the same position as the Palestinians, so surely you should support their state?

Plus you need to factor in that the number of Jews involved in these activies was trivially small compared to the number of Palestinians involved or supporting it.
I'm just waiting for my links to be approved :smile: they direct to news articles about the Fogel Family (mother, father, and three children) who were brutally murdered in their home in Israel by Palestinian terrorists in 2011.

why the neg?

Original post by Kiss
He was throwing stones because he doesn't like a nation to steal his homeland and turn them into settlements on the basis of religious tesimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Not the world's best source but I'm sure you can read up on your history.

Reply to my post? The minute my Granmother gets her house in Tripoli back will be the minute I start feeling sorry for Palestinians.
Reply 32
why the neg?

Reply to my post? The minute my Granmother gets her house in Tripoli back will be the minute I start feeling sorry for Palestinians.

You obviously don't get it mate... your grandmother had to stick around pissing off the Arabs for anyone to feel any sympathy for her. And even then she would have been a Jew and not a Muslim, so they probably would have turned a blind eye to it, like they do the hundreds of thousands of murders committed by Muslims every year.
Original post by Elipsis
You obviously don't get it mate... your grandmother had to stick around pissing off the Arabs for anyone to feel any sympathy for her. And even then she would have been a Jew and not a Muslim, so they probably would have turned a blind eye to it, like they do the hundreds of thousands of murders committed by Muslims every year.

I know,

Chucking out a mother, father, three children (my grandma being 9 years old at the time) and an 86 year old great grandmother from their home is quite disgusting if you ask me.
Reply 34
I know,

Chucking out a mother, father, three children (my grandma being 9 years old at the time) and an 86 year old great grandmother from their home is quite disgusting if you ask me.

Yeah but that doesn't matter cus she was a Jew. We should stop highlighting any attrocities or heinous acts committed by Arabs, because everything they do is justified, and nothing Israelis/Jews do ever is. Even if said Arabs stopped the Jews fleeing from the holocaust, and also sent soldiers to work in the concentration camps.
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-bar-un-fact-finding-team-entering-130937612.html;_ylt=AlBnwdmmRjS19g95lpAVdGJvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNndjZjajEyBG1pdAMEcGtnA2M4ZGEwMDVmLWE1YTgtMzE1YS1iMTJmLTk3MTdmNDVkZTA2YgRwb3MDMTAEc2VjA2xuX01pZEVhc3RfZ2FsBHZlcgM3NWM3ZTU3MC03NzcxLTExZTEtOTc0Mi04ZDQwMTE1ZWE4ZmU-;_ylv=3

Should we invade? Why won't they let the inspectors in? Are they building nuclear weapons? Killing people?

The UN should send in investigators under military protection. Apply sanctions on trade. Freeze the assets of their central bank. Whatever it takes to bring these bullies in line with the civilized world.

If any other country did this, it would be viewed as promoting and hiding human rights violations.

I wonder why Iran or any other embargoed nation doesn't pick up on this and scream double standards.

I don't really see that it's anybody else's business what goes on in another country, they have their own laws based on their own opinions, if they don't agree with human rights, then good for them. Nobody else has the right to tell them what morals they should have, and what they shouldn't.
Reply 36
Original post by Elipsis

Ahhhhhh. I see, you're one of 'those' people :cool:

Makes sense that you hate palestine since you hate muslims :colone:
Reply 37
I know,

So just because your grandma got kicked out, that makes it OK for Israel to murder tens of thousands of Palestinians?
Reply 38
Original post by Kiss
Ahhhhhh. I see, you're one of 'those' people :cool:

Makes sense that you hate palestine since you hate muslims :colone:

I don't hate Muslims. I just won't bend over backwards to humour their victim mentality. They pull so much focus on a self made plight, that is hardly a plight, whilst simultaneously persecuting people across the globe. I notice you didn't bother to tell me:

a) taking land has always been wrong
b) taking land has never been wrong

It's upto you.
Reply 39
Original post by Aj12
Well its slightly difficult when Iran and many other embargoed nations have committed and commit worse crimes against their people than Israel.

Anyway this should not be used to score political points against one side or another. Israel is acting terribly here.

Lol I love your sympathetic language towards Israel.

Not too long ago, you were advocating the invasion of Iran.

The Zionist entity has controlled you. Free yourself from mental slavery.

EDIT: Israel has committed crimes against the British people (indigenous) yet, you will still support Israel and wear a poppy on 11th november. Just plain lols.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending