The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Uni-1st year.

Hey, I was just wondering if there is anyone doing Automotive Engineering at Kingston? I am starting in September and bricking it. What is the campus like? What are the classes like? How many days would you go in a week? What are the Lecturers like? I am considering not to take the offer since the price is £8500 a year. I am still not to sure! Help me :biggrin:
Can't help you on the course as I don't study there, but you'll like the night life and the town itself - it's amazing. I've lived there for 18 years of my life and it has everything you could possibly want :smile: .
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Im going to be a first year as well studying biomedical science, im scared as hell, been there a few times and it does look and feel like a great atmosphere, it has almost everything in the town.
Reply 3
Original post by ViralRiver
Can't help you on the course as I don't study there, but you'll like the night life and the town itself - it's amazing. I've lived there for 18 years of my life and it has everything you could possibly want :smile: .

Second that! I live in Kingston and it's a nice little town, especially closer to the river as well as the market!
Reply 4
I think it depends on where you're from. A lot of my friends are from smallish villages so they really like Kingston however because I'm from a city it doesn't seem as good to me but I do still enjoy it down there :smile:
Don't worry guys! Everyone has the same nerves, even me - this time last year I was asking the same questions on this very forum!

Try to come down for a day and have a look around!

Don't know about your courses specifically - mine is 17 contact hours a week, which is A LOT compared to my friends and housemates on other courses. They all have about 6-10 hours a week.
The city is very pretty.
Nightlife is more of a bar scene than a club scene - much more relaxed.
Lecturers are all different! Some you might not get along with, but that's life!
Campuses are all very nice too - all had quite a bit of money pumped into them in recent years!

Hope this puts you at ease!

If you have any more questions, just get in touch.

(I don't think my signature works when I'm writing from my phone, but I am an executive officer for the students' union, so am here to help you guys with any worries, questions or concerns amongst ensuring students are treated fairly!)

David Brown
Students' Union Executive Officer

@KUSUpartnercoll
facebook.com/kusu.partnercollege
[email protected]

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey, I'm gonna be a first year and have to find private accomadation but have no-one to move in with. Any advice???
Reply 7
Banquet records. Nuff said.
Reply 8
Original post by Fran Williams34
Hey, I'm gonna be a first year and have to find private accomadation but have no-one to move in with. Any advice???

Im in the same situation, we could look together if u want ? I found a website :smile:
Original post by Joshc93
Banquet records. Nuff said.

Just this!!
So didn't choose this uni cos of that shop :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by LoveLifeHate
Just this!!
So didn't choose this uni cos of that shop :wink:

It's probably good I'm not going there as I would be constantly broke
Believe me the amount of gig tickets I've bought so far I swear I'm never actually gonna get any work done :s
Reply 12
Hey, To anyone that hasn't sorted out their accommodation please contact me. Looking to make up a group of boys to move into a house next year at Kingston University. I've heard all the accommodation emails have been sent out so if you know that you still want to move out and didn't get halls i'm looking to make up a group of 3/4. Let me know asap so we can get a deposit sorted out on a house around the area before they all go/the rent goes higher! Give me a shout if you still havn't found anything :smile:
Reply 13
I have exactly the same issue, I start on the 1st of september and I really want to be near penrhyn road...have you found a place yet?
Reply 14
Did you guys find anything, I'm in the same boat...let me know if you don't mind an extra person :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending