The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Sutton Trust Summer School: Successful Durham Applicants!

What course have you been accepted onto?
:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Durham applicants, Y U no post on regular thread?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Where is the "regular" thread for Durham applicants sorry? :redface: I think this is a good way to get to know each other in advance a bit!

I've been accepted, but I listed both English and Anthropology, and my acceptance letter didn't state which one :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by shakeel95
Durham applicants, Y U no post on regular thread?

I have as have two other English students... thought it better if we're all in the same place- make new friends before we arrive!
Reply 4
I got in for what I assume will be Physics. Silly acceptance letter.
Reply 5
Original post by cjd2k

Yeah, mine didn't say either D:
Reply 6
I got in for english i hope, my silly letter didn't say my subject :frown: I can't remember what other subject i put praying i didn''t put chemistry!
Reply 7
Original post by cjd2k

I got in too :smile: thought it was just generally science? No specification as to which one? Ohh I hope it's not mostly physics, couldn't cope! Haha :')
Reply 8
Original post by hannahhurst
I got in too :smile: thought it was just generally science? No specification as to which one? Ohh I hope it's not mostly physics, couldn't cope! Haha :')

What? How can you not love Physics?
Reply 9
Original post by cjd2k
What? How can you not love Physics?

Well i used to love it until i started AS physics! Something to do with the AWFUL teachers we have in school, i prefer chemistry tbh, it's much more interesting :smile: hopefully we'll do that too in durham :smile:
Reply 10
I got in for Durham :smile: I'm not too sure whether it was for English or History as I listed two and my letter did not specify. Regardless, I am incredibly excited despite the long journey there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by hannahhurst
Well i used to love it until i started AS physics! Something to do with the AWFUL teachers we have in school, i prefer chemistry tbh, it's much more interesting :smile: hopefully we'll do that too in durham :smile:

I suppose bad teachers could explain it. I am blessed with my teachers. Apart from Maths. That guy is beyond terrible.
Reply 12
i got in for business
Reply 13
Has anyone got the welcome pack yet? I can't wait until it arrives. Though that is probably becuase I am a tad sad.
Reply 14
Original post by cjd2k
Has anyone got the welcome pack yet? I can't wait until it arrives. Though that is probably becuase I am a tad sad.

Nope, I expect it some time in June/July
Reply 15
I mailed then to confirm my place and asked about the welcome pack, they said we should expect it in the next 3 weeks, so before the end of June :biggrin:
Reply 16
Hurray!
Reply 17
Original post by lucyburns
I mailed then to confirm my place and asked about the welcome pack, they said we should expect it in the next 3 weeks, so before the end of June :biggrin:

about time!
Reply 18
So what are we all wearing for the fancy dress then?
Reply 19
Original post by cjd2k
So what are we all wearing for the fancy dress then?

No idea. Something not too elaborate, I don't want to be 'epically Gaga'.

Anyone travelling from Birmingham area?!

Quick Reply

Latest