The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS3M The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missach
Do you need many historian's interpretations/critics in the essay to get in the top band? I only included about 2 for the first essay, and then 3 for my second :/ Need an A!!

That seems like plenty to me, I did about the same and was pretty happy to have used even a few. I think that the historical interpretation assessment isn't just about knowing particular historian's opinions, but showing an understanding of different ways of looking at events - eg. ERM crisis a disaster or blessing in disguise?

At least, that's what I'm hoping.
Reply 141
I LOVED the questions on Wilson and Foreign policies, because our teacher wrote out a 45/45 mark answer for the foreign policy one which I learnt off by heart and also we did the Wilson question as a mock, so I rougly know what marks I would get in that question!
Hopefully got that low B to get an A or atleast a D for that B !
I did questions 1 and 2, with the first already planned so well in my head I just had to regurgitate it on paper. Question 2 was a little harder, but I split it to social, economic and political -- Wilson implemented a lot of social reforms, but there was still poor industrial relations over this period; the social problems of N. Ireland as well; economic failures include the IMF loan and some weird stuff Wilson did, balanced with saying that Jenkin's economic plan solved the BOP crisis; political failures include the failure of the Lib-Lab pact, but I waffled saying that Wilson's kitchen cabinet streamlined politics and was ultimately good for the passing of policy.

I have no idea what I was writing towards the end, and I hadn't revised for this section at all, so I might have completely screwed it up, but hey, I'm still feeling already about it!
Reply 143
Original post by Saz00
I LOVED the questions on Wilson and Foreign policies, because our teacher wrote out a 45/45 mark answer for the foreign policy one which I learnt off by heart and also we did the Wilson question as a mock, so I rougly know what marks I would get in that question!
Hopefully got that low B to get an A or atleast a D for that B !

It was domestic policies O_o
I didn't do it, but I'm 100% sure that it was domestic policy.
Reply 144
Original post by ToyosiBaby

No, he means he did questions 1 and 2, on Foreign Policy for Q1 and Wilson Q2..
Reply 145
Original post by Ngunya
I did the same!! I literally can not believe it. Worse thing is i neglected other parts like Falklands War just so i could ramble about Blair and Major. :unimpressed Two other people i talked to did the same and we just had a group therapy session to calm us all down.

this is still actually peeeing me off!
Reply 146
Original post by Liam_W_
I did 1 and 3 also, couldn't have asked for a better paper! I made the mistake that many seem to have done with synoptic foreign however going to 2007, but didn't make it a huge part of my argument, no negative marking either so hopefully not too much damage done!

3 was absolutely beautiful! Lots to talk about Thatcher Legacy, Con divisions over europe, black wednesday, satire sleaze and sabotage and of course, the popularity of New Labour!

Grade boundaries will probably be the same as always A* at around 73/74, A 65ish!

Good Luck!

not only one again doing same mistake, bit better, boo they suck :frown:

2007 my ass!
Reply 147

Oops, thats what i meant :P.. but it was about Wilson's period, so I interlinked the problems of the economic policies into it :P
REALLY? everyone like loved question 1, I'm shocked really :/

Aaah just think i fudged it up, timing was awful.
Reply 149
Original post by londonlydia
Aaah just think i fudged it up, timing was awful.

Ahhh....you may not have done as bad as you think though... :/
I hope you get the grade you want anyway :smile:
Original post by missach
aww... how come you were annoyed? What went wrong?

Ah just ran out of time! Finished the question but my conclusion was so rushed and i cant even remember what i wrote haha
Ahhh....you may not have done as bad as you think though... :/
I hope you get the grade you want anyway :smile:

Ah thanks, you too. How did you find it?
Reply 152
Original post by londonlydia
Ah thanks, you too. How did you find it?

It was okay, Loved the 1st question.
Did the 3rd question aswell and found it okay.
2BH No matter what I get, I know that I worked my butt off. I'm just seeing it that way :smile:
Tehehe I won't think (if only I revised that one day) so that's good ..tehehe :tongue:
GOOD LUCK :biggrin: in results :smile: wish you all the best
Reply 153
Original post by LondonLT
this is still actually peeeing me off!

Me too :frown: so depressing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending