The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 25th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
The exam wasn't as bad as it could have been (compared to previous years), i just didn't know how to answer half the questions... :emo:
I really wanted TCP/IP to come up !!
Reply 101
For the Demorg one, I ended up with A, though not sure.

Thought of circuit like so:

A -------(not)-------\
\
(Nand gate)--------(or)--(not)-M
/
B

So either A had to be on (not notted cancels each other), or Both A and B had to be on (A and B on at Nand gate produces 0, then notted again). Therefore A+A.B, therefore simplified to A. Just hope I got that right.

Edit: Realised the problem with what I did was both routes have to not work, the A Nand B and the A not, or else or would still produce an output to be notted.
(edited 11 years ago)
No sorry,

Demorgans law simplified it to A.(A.B)
Which simplifies to A.B
Reply 103
Original post by CTom
For the Demorg one, I ended up with A, though not sure.

Thought of circuit like so:

A -------(not)-------\
\
(Nand gate)--------(or)--(not)-M
/
B

So either A had to be on (not notted cancels each other), or Both A and B had to be on (A and B on at Nand gate produces 0, then notted again). Therefore A+A.B, therefore simplified to A. Just hope I got that right.

When you DeMorgan you change the sign, so it ended up being A.B.A

A.A = A
So the answer was A.B
Reply 104
Ah well, hopefully made up with rest, thanks.
Holy crap I failed miserably in that paper!
Imperative high level language... what?
Router is software and hardware.. I just put down hardware..
The logic gate expression for the robot?! I got NOT U .(L+R) + U . (L+R) lol!!
Why were there many 3rd level program languages? Haven't a clue!
Why does the technician remotely access the database? Put down the predictable saves time answer and then had to make up another one.

Yeah, I definitely failed it. I'm cashing in the AS too, that will look lovely on my UCAS!

Oh well. :P
Hmm.. it was on the same difficulty as january's paper I think, but slightly better. but a lot of confusing stuff, especially some of the HTML >_<

But I'm happy, I reckon I got those couple of marks I missed out on in January to push me up a grade.

For the boolean equation I got (L XOR R).U
I don't think its right but it seemed to make sense when i transferred it to the logic gate diagram :s-smilie:
Original post by xDanny 117
Holy crap I failed miserably in that paper!
Imperative high level language... what?
Router is software and hardware.. I just put down hardware..
The logic gate expression for the robot?! I got NOT U .(L+R) + U . (L+R) lol!!
Why were there many 3rd level program languages? Haven't a clue!
Why does the technician remotely access the database? Put down the predictable saves time answer and then had to make up another one.

Yeah, I definitely failed it. I'm cashing in the AS too, that will look lovely on my UCAS!

Oh well. :P

Isn't wireless router a hardware?
I put Hardware and Software.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JASApplications
I put Hardware and Software.

Hardware and Software has gotta be a trick question - surely it can only be hardware or only software? I mean you can have software that runs on hardware but that's not hardware and software
Reply 110

dammnnn, i got A.NotB for boolean.
Reply 111
Original post by alphadawg
Hardware and Software has gotta be a trick question - surely it can only be hardware or only software? I mean you can have software that runs on hardware but that's not hardware and software

Correct, it's just hardware - they put it there to trick people who think that you must put one in each column :smile:
Reply 112

It's really firmware, which is a combination of ROM with software and a hardware device. The correct answer was hardware and software.
It was Hardware and Software

I put down hardware because it has a processor and ram and everything. That question was ambiguous
Reply 115
Original post by PreciseUrination
It was Hardware and Software

Darrn, I scribbled it out as my instincts were telling me to tick Hardware... :tongue:
I was just thinking of the router I have in my home, it's not really program instructions it's just a hardware device with signals right? :s-smilie:
Reply 116
Surely a 'wireless router' on its own is hardware, if they'd said it had some filtering software on it or whatever it would be both? I mean a hard disk can have an operating system installed on it, does that make it hardware and software?

In HTML, do you guys remember the questions?
I remember they asked for a block level tag, I put <p>
They asked why they put in the keywords line, too.
They also asked you to fill out the gaps in the style sheet link.
Inside rel=" " part I assume you could just write something like "here is the style sheet"?
inside href = I put C:/AQA/HTML/(filename.css) -- cant remember the name they gave you
At the start of the line, I put URL but I think it's LINK

You agree/disagree?!
Reply 118
I got the stylesheet one wrong (only got the last one) but looking at the source code on Facebook it should have been like this I think:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" />
Reply 119
I put down software so I'm definitely screwed. Jk I put down both.

I'm sure "Hardware" and "Hardware & software" could both be argued.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending