The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 25th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I got 1 for the boolean, as A OR NOT A = 1. So B OR 1 = 1
I hope I can still get an A. I lost all the marks on the HTML page. Have to hope the rest was perfection....
Original post by xDanny 117
Holy crap I failed miserably in that paper!
Imperative high level language... what?
Router is software and hardware.. I just put down hardware..
The logic gate expression for the robot?! I got NOT U .(L+R) + U . (L+R) lol!!
Why were there many 3rd level program languages? Haven't a clue!
Why does the technician remotely access the database? Put down the predictable saves time answer and then had to make up another one.

Yeah, I definitely failed it. I'm cashing in the AS too, that will look lovely on my UCAS!

Oh well. :P

Router is only hardware surely?
Original post by NightStrider
Router is only hardware surely?

That's what I ticked. It seems to be a 50/50 split on here between the two choices. I'm sure both answers are arguably correct :smile:
There are two main types of router: hardware and software routers.
A hardware router is the standard one you would have learned of in class or in revision, and the software router is a PC which acts as a router.
I put hardware and software for the router, this paper was a nightmare for me for the boolean i put NotU+(Not(L+R).Not(L.R)). I also used a Nor gate in the diagram :/ just me? haha i'll take a C on this paper. Any chance of any unofficial mark scheme popping up i'd rather see my awful mark now than wait for it.
I also wrote A.(A.B) for demorgans law :/.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 126
Original post by Oliverfk93916
I put hardware and software for the router, this paper was a nightmare for me for the boolean i put NotU+(Not(L+R).Not(L.R)). I also used a Nor gate in the diagram :/ just me? haha i'll take a C on this paper. Any chance of any unofficial mark scheme popping up i'd rather see my awful mark now than wait for it.

I don't think anyone has a copy of the paper now to look at the questions :frown:. You'll probably only lose one mark for the De Morgan's law question because you were one step from the answer.
Original post by Oliverfk93916

You can simplify A.(A.B) to just (A.B) because if A is on then it is only relying on B. Otherwise put (A.A) = A
I made a stupid mistake.
I wrote the correct boolean expression, Not U AND (L XOR R) or whatever it was. However instead of L and R I put in A and B. Think i'll get anything deducted?
Reply 129
Original post by PreciseUrination
I made a stupid mistake.
I wrote the correct boolean expression, Not U AND (L XOR R) or whatever it was. However instead of L and R I put in A and B. Think i'll get anything deducted?

Since you had already used U, and your diagram on the next page was right, then it's pretty obvious you meant to write L+R so just hope the person who marks your paper is in a good mood at the time :tongue:
For the boolean expression I knew it was M = Not U AND (L XOR R)
but I didn't know what the symbol for XOR was so I wrote..

_--- _----------_
U . (L . R)+(L . R)

is that wrong? |:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 131
Original post by A Wise Ninja
For the boolean expression I knew it was M = Not U AND (L XOR R)
but I didn't know what the symbol for XOR was so I wrote..

_--- _---------_
U . (L . R)+(L . R)

is that wrong? |:

That's fine, just another way of writing XOR :smile:
Really!? :biggrin:

Can one other person verify for me, for confirmation?
Reply 133
Really!? :biggrin:

Can one other person verify for me, for confirmation?

I do A level electronics if that's enough to convince you xD
Yaaay! i'm so happy now- was worried about that one haha, used the XOR gate for the diagram of course though:-)

Is the AQA website down for everyone or just me?
Reply 135
Yaaay! i'm so happy now- was worried about that one haha, used the XOR gate for the diagram of course though:-)

Is the AQA website down for everyone or just me?

I was surprised they gave us the symbols for all the gates to be honest...

AQA is fine for me at the moment.
Original post by iCiaran

AQA is fine for me at the moment.

It won't work for me on Chrome or IE, and I need it for my geography exam tomorrow- typical! :mad:
Original post by Namige
I got 1 for the boolean, as A OR NOT A = 1. So B OR 1 = 1

Yeah , i thought a.a bar cancels to 1 ? so i wrote b+1? ;s
Reply 138
Original post by examstressed
Yeah , i thought a.a bar cancels to 1 ? so i wrote b+1? ;s

Unparseable latex formula:

\[A.\overline{A}][br]

Because no matter what state A is in Not A will be the opposite, so they can never be high together.
What did u write for the why are there so many 3rd level imperative languages. My answer was stupid

Also i put /styles.css - i wonder if that will get the mark
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending