The Student Room Group

St George's University London SGUL Biomedical Science prospective students 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittt
hey i've also got the same problem! they're saying im only eligible for £4000... did you call finance and ask them?!

Yeah I sorted it out, basically your loan is only that small, due to the bigger grant - i.e The bigger the grant the smaller the loan. My gran&loan came to something like 9000 alltogether I think...:confused:
Reply 41
Original post by banana_smoothie
Yeah I sorted it out, basically your loan is only that small, due to the bigger grant - i.e The bigger the grant the smaller the loan. My gran&loan came to something like 9000 alltogether I think...:confused:

okay i defo need to call them up then, cos im not even eligible for a grant! :frown:
Original post by Kittt
okay i defo need to call them up then, cos im not even eligible for a grant! :frown:

!!!!!!!!!!! Well, someone's rich :colone: :colone: :colone:
:wink:
Reply 43
!!!!!!!!!!! Well, someone's rich :colone: :colone: :colone:

LOL i wish?! my parents do double jobs just so we can cover the bills so at the end of the day we dont have like masses of money left or anything! but student finance clearly doesnt take that into consideration :frown:
Original post by Kittt
LOL i wish?! my parents do double jobs just so we can cover the bills so at the end of the day we dont have like masses of money left or anything! but student finance clearly doesnt take that into consideration :frown:

OHHHH NO :frown: I hate student finance
Reply 45
Haha we have so much in common! Twins :wink: ? I got rejected by Nottingham without an interview! Bastards!!! Ditch Coventry, coem to SGUL. Unfortunately, current biomed students said that everyone is more than keen on the transfer to medicine... And even though they said up to 15 (or so) people can transfer, last 5 years or so it's only been 4-5 people :frown:
Revision ???? WHAT'S REVISION?

haha.. Sooo im guessing your keen on the transfer too? :P
(---Btw, so am I)
hopefully ill get the grades to gt in:biggrin:.. what they asking for you?.. for me, its BB in bio and chem..

i caaant wait to pick accomodations :biggrin: time's flying soo quick.. :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Kittt

dw kitt, its the same issue with me.. but coz my mum doesnt work, i think im getting more money?.. my friend is in the same position as me (household income and finance wise), and i thought we'de get the same amount but we didnt, shes getting less.. and so i assumed it must have been coz of her mums working thing?

are you planning to move out by any chance? x :smile:

Good luck in your exams btw :biggrin:
Original post by jv.lalloo
haha.. Sooo im guessing your keen on the transfer too? :P
(---Btw, so am I)
hopefully ill get the grades to gt in:biggrin:.. what they asking for you?.. for me, its BB in bio and chem..

i caaant wait to pick accomodations :biggrin: time's flying soo quick.. :smile:

Haha isnt anyone keen on the med-transfer? This girl that I used to work with does biomed where I live, and people actually call biomed students : Failed Doctors :eek::eek::eek::eek: How horrible is that :/

OMGOOSH. Youre offer is so low compared to mine?! Ive got ABB :/
Ahhh same, I cant wait to see who Ill be sharing my kitchen with :wink:
Reply 48
dw kitt, its the same issue with me.. but coz my mum doesnt work, i think im getting more money?.. my friend is in the same position as me (household income and finance wise), and i thought we'de get the same amount but we didnt, shes getting less.. and so i assumed it must have been coz of her mums working thing?

are you planning to move out by any chance? x :smile:

Good luck in your exams btw :biggrin:

owww :/ this is all too confusing, wish i could just get my dad to do it all haha :frown: i need to call student finance up which im sorta worried about, cos im guessing its gonna be some loong ass process, and being put on hold and shiz! (hope not anyways!)

and yessss am planning to move out :biggrin: what about you?

and thank you! good luck to you too!

- and i see a sri lankan flag! hello fellow lankan! ^.^
Reply 49
Original post by Kittt
owww :/ this is all too confusing, wish i could just get my dad to do it all haha :frown: i need to call student finance up which im sorta worried about, cos im guessing its gonna be some loong ass process, and being put on hold and shiz! (hope not anyways!)

and yessss am planning to move out :biggrin: what about you?

and thank you! good luck to you too!

- and i see a sri lankan flag! hello fellow lankan! ^.^

Well well, Helloo my fellow sri lankan! :P
AM I PLANNING TO MOVE OUT! i made my mind up when i was in yr 7 :P
i think you shoudl ring them up :wink: Good Luck in your exams :biggrin: xx
:biggrin:
Reply 50
Well well, Helloo my fellow sri lankan! :P
AM I PLANNING TO MOVE OUT! i made my mind up when i was in yr 7 :P
i think you shoudl ring them up :wink: Good Luck in your exams :biggrin: xx
:biggrin:

haha! back then i was like yeah defo moving out, then recently went through a phase where i was like no i'm living at home, but after seeing the unis and with older fam friends saying how awesome it is to live out, i'm back to wanting to move out :biggrin:
Reply 51
Haha isnt anyone keen on the med-transfer? This girl that I used to work with does biomed where I live, and people actually call biomed students : Failed Doctors :eek::eek::eek::eek: How horrible is that :/

failed doctors! :eek: how offensive lol! urgh lets go prove em wrong :P
Reply 52

so im guessing its gnna competition between our fellow classmates! :P
noo.. they did ask ABB.. but ive got an A in tamil, my language, already. :wink: so they said, as long as i get BBin chem and bio.. they're fine with it.
same,cant wait.. to be honest with you... i wont be the one cooking.. im planning on having just the leftovers frm everyoneselses meal.. (i cant cook to save my life :biggrin:)
so im guessing its gnna competition between our fellow classmates! :P
noo.. they did ask ABB.. but ive got an A in tamil, my language, already. :wink: so they said, as long as i get BBin chem and bio.. they're fine with it.
same,cant wait.. to be honest with you... i wont be the one cooking.. im planning on having just the leftovers frm everyoneselses meal.. (i cant cook to save my life :biggrin:)

OHHHH WELL SOMEONES IS IN ALUCKY POSITION WITH THEIR A-LEVELS! wow! haha :biggrin: well done for that A! Ohh gosh, i cant cook either! Imm so so bad! I thoguht soup was made of milk :/ So yeah. Chinese it is for me! And size 20 in 2 months haha!
Pfft, my mum being a "good ol' jewish mum", has been compiling a folder of recipes for the past year or so....still no guarantees i can carry any of it out :P
Supppppp, does anyone know when the course is starting????? THANKS
Reply 56
Hiya, wandering whether people are choosing single sex or mixed accommodation? Im not too sure which to pick!
:smile:
Reply 57
Original post by nevetstreblig
Pfft, my mum being a "good ol' jewish mum", has been compiling a folder of recipes for the past year or so....still no guarantees i can carry any of it out :P

hahaa same my mum has put aside so many recipe books :|
Reply 58
Original post by Qasid Ahmed
Supppppp, does anyone know when the course is starting????? THANKS

well, ucas says 1st oct.. i'm sure the uni will send letters/emails with more info next month :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Zara23
Hiya, wandering whether people are choosing single sex or mixed accommodation? Im not too sure which to pick!
:smile:

hellooo
have you got details about accommodation already?! :redface: or are you just planning ahead? :P
tbh i don't know which to pick either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending