The Student Room Group

St George's University London SGUL Biomedical Science prospective students 2012

Scroll to see replies

I Dont understand how can you GUURLS pick single-sex accomodation!
Its fun fun fun with guys dont you think? Unless youre gonna go for the single (not en suite rooms) which is fair enough, because sharing bathrooms with guys EVRY DAY FOR A YEAR would actually make me go mad haha!
Reply 61
Im planning ahead :smile:

But also on St Georges website, on the accommodation section if you click on 'Horton Halls' it takes you to a page with a form you fill in about accommodation, which has to be sent of by July i think...plenty of time!

and banana_smoothie havent actually picked yet but just considering the options you know? Agree that it may be more fun plus we dont have to share bathrooms! :biggrin:
Either way i better learn how to cook or hope that i get put with people who can otherwise i will be surviving on junk food ahaha
(edited 11 years ago)
Hows it going guys...did anyone receive an email from lynda carter about GCSEs and stuff..,but like I already gave it during the open day thingy lol....
Reply 63
hi guys,

I have an offer for biomed from SGUL... From what i have seen on this thread everybody is really excited.. I have a lot of passion for medicine and so i am planning to apply for medicine after i complete my Biomed degree..

To current students, i would really love to get a first or 2.1 (requirement for Medicine for graduates), Do you have to study all day to get 2.1 or a first...

On the social side, i am slightly nervous on how settling in period is going to work?? Guys, how is the atmosphere?? One of my friends is starting medicine at SGUL aswell.. Do you get to see people from different departments often as well???

Thanks guys
Original post by Qasid Ahmed
Hows it going guys...did anyone receive an email from lynda carter about GCSEs and stuff..,but like I already gave it during the open day thingy lol....

Argh - i got the exact same email. No matter how much i love the uni - this Lynda Carter sure doesn't communicate well with us:confused:
Reply 65

yeah got that email and same! gave everything in during the open day! i had to re-read the message cos at first i thought she was saying i'd not given in anything :/
then i realised she'd mentioned that she will send a check list after june to see if theres any outstanding docs.. i do hope i won't be getting one :P

Were we supposed to give stuff in on the open day?! I didn't go to the open day and this email was the first time I had heard about having to give in certificates etc. and now I only find out 1 week before the deadline! Am I going to lose my place? I'm panicking
I have also firmed St Georges as my first choice for next year , quite excited now . Just need to get the grades !
Reply 68
Hi guys,

:smile: Ive also placed SGUL as my firm for Biomed but I really don't think I'll get the grades; I'm likely to get ABC + a B I've got at AS. So I'm kinda worried here. :frown:
Original post by Nu1tha
Hi guys,

:smile: Ive also placed SGUL as my firm for Biomed but I really don't think I'll get the grades; I'm likely to get ABC + a B I've got at AS. So I'm kinda worried here. :frown:

Don't worry - i've been told by loads of people, if you have an offer...they REALLY want you. If you miss your grade by 1, you should be fine really
Reply 70
Original post by existinggirl
Were we supposed to give stuff in on the open day?! I didn't go to the open day and this email was the first time I had heard about having to give in certificates etc. and now I only find out 1 week before the deadline! Am I going to lose my place? I'm panicking

no no calm down! :smile: the deadline is i think july 13th, so you still have some time! and yeah if you went to the open day then you could give your stuff for them to look at then, but if you didn't you just need to post it. she will send a checklist in june about what you need to send so either wait for that or send stuff in now if you know exactly what needs to be sent! :smile:
Reply 71
Has anyone received the June letter that they said they'de be sending out? :/
Reply 72
Original post by Nu1tha
Hi guys,

You know what, im scared too.. thing is it depends how the examiners mark my Biology coursework.. if the coursewrks good.. then i can get a B.. if not im in the deep end :/
Reply 73
I've just found this. :P I'm so unsure about if I'm going to be getting my A :frown: But I was speaking to a student on the open day and she said that even if you get below the grade requirements, if they really liked you, they'll still accept the offer! :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by drsher
hi guys,

I have an offer for biomed from SGUL... From what i have seen on this thread everybody is really excited.. I have a lot of passion for medicine and so i am planning to apply for medicine after i complete my Biomed degree..

To current students, i would really love to get a first or 2.1 (requirement for Medicine for graduates), Do you have to study all day to get 2.1 or a first...

On the social side, i am slightly nervous on how settling in period is going to work?? Guys, how is the atmosphere?? One of my friends is starting medicine at SGUL aswell.. Do you get to see people from different departments often as well???

Thanks guys

Don't know if you went to the open day or not...apparently everyone (but maybe one or two people) apply for the transfer, so it's really hard to get into :s-smilie: On the social side, in first semester we'll be spending a lot of our time in lectures with the medics, sure everyone will make friends :smile:
But good luck, hopefully see you in September! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by jv.lalloo
Has anyone received the June letter that they said they'de be sending out? :/

Nope! :confused:
Reply 76
I want to apply for accommodation now :frown:
(but I can't change my Student Finance can I? Even though I can contact the uni)
But I live so close (twenty minutes by car) that it's sort of pointless? But it would be so much fun, what do I do? :confused:
Reply 77
Original post by Hennnaa
I want to apply for accommodation now :frown:
(but I can't change my Student Finance can I? Even though I can contact the uni)
But I live so close (twenty minutes by car) that it's sort of pointless? But it would be so much fun, what do I do? :confused:

on student finance i put as i wanted to move out.. but that wasnt mentioned in the letter they sent back.. however.. when i was applying through UCAS the first time.. i put it as staying home..
I rang up the uni a feew weeks ago asking that i wanted to move out.. would i stil lbe able to apply even though it was mentioned as staying home on the ucas.. they said, that the accomodation info and the rest will be sent to ALL students with offers..

(if that makes sense)

i wnna apply now too!!.. i cant wait :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by jv.lalloo
on student finance i put as i wanted to move out.. but that wasnt mentioned in the letter they sent back.. however.. when i was applying through UCAS the first time.. i put it as staying home..
I rang up the uni a feew weeks ago asking that i wanted to move out.. would i stil lbe able to apply even though it was mentioned as staying home on the ucas.. they said, that the accomodation info and the rest will be sent to ALL students with offers..

(if that makes sense)

i wnna apply now too!!.. i cant wait :biggrin:

Oooh okay thanks! :biggrin: My student finance problem is that I can't even change it because they messed up my online account three times :frown: So in the end I filled out the form and sent it off! I could probably ring them up when I get something back from them about changing that :smile:
Aha, I'll wait for that email then :smile: thanks! :smile: x
Reply 79
Original post by Hennnaa
I've just found this. :P I'm so unsure about if I'm going to be getting my A :frown: But I was speaking to a student on the open day and she said that even if you get below the grade requirements, if they really liked you, they'll still accept the offer! :smile:

how much lower than the grade requirements do you reckon they'd allow? one grade? gahhh i'm in a similar situation, but i have a feeling im going to get a C overall for chemistry knowing how much of a flop my exam today was :dong: :dong:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending