The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone got any info on some of the cheaper halls (no way I can afford some of the halls, even with the loan)
Any info at all will be helpful (and we'll love you forever :smile: )
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Can you pay the accommodation in instalments throughout the year?
I haven't received any emails about applying for accommodation !!

Has anyone heard anything or am I the odd one out ?
Reply 43
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
I haven't received any emails about applying for accommodation !!

Has anyone heard anything or am I the odd one out ?

Nothing here. It does say we will get an email from the "end of may onwards", so it should be any day now.
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/howtoapply
I haven't receive anything either.
Reply 45
Nope nothing here either...:unsure: :confused:
Reply 46
There are 3 instalments (for each term) that you pay your accommodation fees in...
Original post by Linke
Can you pay the accommodation in instalments throughout the year?
Reply 47
Original post by bozzers
Has anyone got any info on some of the cheaper halls (no way I can afford some of the halls, even with the loan)
Any info at all will be helpful (and we'll love you forever :smile: )

Most of the info you need is on the front page of this thread and on the Imperial website. You'll have to be more specific if you want more information.
Hi there, would anyone be able to tell me which of these halls, Eastside, Southside, Beit, Garden and Weeks have lockable fridges? I know that they all have lockable cupboards but cooking is a very important thing for me (don't know how much time i'll get to do it!).
Also, in eastside and Southside I assume the twin rooms bigger than the singles (because it didn't look so roomy in the Eastside youtube video)

Thanks in advance
Reply 49
Original post by therishmeister
Hi there, would anyone be able to tell me which of these halls, Eastside, Southside, Beit, Garden and Weeks have lockable fridges? I know that they all have lockable cupboards but cooking is a very important thing for me (don't know how much time i'll get to do it!).
Also, in eastside and Southside I assume the twin rooms bigger than the singles (because it didn't look so roomy in the Eastside youtube video)

Thanks in advance

You don't get lockable fridges I'm afraid. However, in Garden you do get a fridge in your bedroom. The kitchens in Garden are of questionable quality though. So if you really like cooking then you might not like it there.

Yeah, twin rooms in Eastside & Southside are bigger than singles. There are 360 pictures of the twin rooms on the website.
Original post by Zottula
You don't get lockable fridges I'm afraid. However, in Garden you do get a fridge in your bedroom. The kitchens in Garden are of questionable quality though. So if you really like cooking then you might not like it there.

Yeah, twin rooms in Eastside & Southside are bigger than singles. There are 360 pictures of the twin rooms on the website.

Does each person have their own fridge ?
Reply 51
Ohh my goodness so many posts. o_O
I'm very sorry for being inactive for the past month or so, been trying desperately to pass my exams. XD Good luck kids, you're gonna have to go through this in a year or two.

Anyway, in regards to all the questions being asked:
- I WILL interview my friends on the other halls as soon as my exams are finished, June 15th. Hopefully this will give you guys plenty of time to read up the information and make an informed choice when it comes to choosing accommodation.
- I'll try and read through the questions here and update the guide at the front to include information for your queries. :smile:

(Thanks Zottula for answering everyone's questions and keeping this thread alive in my absence!)
Reply 52
Original post by Zottula

I thought Eastside / Southside got lockable fridge space?
I could be remembering wrong. >.>
Reply 53
Original post by Dracion
If you're wanting an opinion on living in Beit, am happy to provide. Was lucky enough to spend my time living next to the union. Good luck to those applying! :smile:

That'd be really great if you could provide one! ^^
Reply 54
Original post by summer_blazed
Are smokers generally grouped together in flats in halls, or do they throw us somewhere out of the way? From what I can tell from the website, all of Imperial property and grounds are non-smoking, so asking the question seems rather irrelevant...

I don't think it matters at all, every single hall had smokers who'd just hang out at the front entrance of the hall and make friends with other smokers. XD It shouldn't change your probability of getting any certain hall, I think it's just so they don't put you in a twin room with a non-smoker? Although I fail to see how that would affect them given you aren't allowed to smoke in halls... :<
Reply 55
Original post by anon101
is it possible to stay in the halls for just 1 term?

Lol no, all contract periods are for 39 weeks.
Erm, what's your situation-- why do you only want to stay for one term?
On a personal matter, I'm actually looking to let my term-time accommodation for term 1 only of next year, sooo if that's helpful to you, maybe we could talk? ^^;
Original post by xalcro

Could you confirm this, please ?
Reply 57
Original post by xalcro

Could you confirm this, please ?

Not that I can see. Maybe some kitchens do :dontknow:, but not the ones I have seen.

Does each person have their own fridge ?

In Garden you get a fridge in your bedroom. So in a single room you have your own fridge. In double and triple rooms the fridge is a bit bigger.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by pari7
Nope nothing here either...:unsure: :confused:

Have you gotten anything yet? Still nothing and its June already.
Original post by Linke
Have you gotten anything yet? Still nothing and its June already.

They've said on the website: "The process for applying for accommodation has been delayed due to unforeseen technical problems. We do apologise for this and we hope to open our online application after the Jubilee Bank Holiday celebrations in early June. This will not affect the guarantee of accommodation to all conditional/unconditional first year applicants. Please ensure that the email address you have registered with UCAS is up-to-date."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending