The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dracion
If you're wanting an opinion on living in Beit, am happy to provide. Was lucky enough to spend my time living next to the union. Good luck to those applying! :smile:

because ur next to the union, how loud does it actually get?! i dont mind loudness at all but my parents think i wont get any sleep during the night paha
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by Estelle123
because ur next to the union, how loud does it actually get?! i dont mind loudness at all but my parents think i wont get any sleep during the night paha

Tell them you'll wear ear plugs if it gets too loud.
Reply 62
Original post by Linke
Have you gotten anything yet? Still nothing and its June already.

Nope nothing yet, herd mumblings that accomadation has been delayed this year but thats all I know im afraid, let us know when you hear something :smile:
For those not on the facebook group, we've got another new hall, Paragon.

It's pretty cheap for an en suite at £155/wk but it is a bit further out.

edit: It looks enormous (though it's mostly Uni of West London students I think) .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Estelle123

Depends what side of the corridor you live in, rooms face into the quadrangle and face the union or outwards from the building; and also what floor you live on.

I was on 4th Floor facing out to the Albert Hall steps which tbh was noisier during the day because of tourists. Only noise I had in the evenings was from drunk people leaving the union, couldn't hear any noise from the union bar or nightclub. I did know some other people on the first floor closer to the club who said they could hear the bass, but I think it was mostly fine, as that was only really a problem when the club was new and they were testing the speakers.

In short, no worse than other halls/London in general
Just to add, I'll write up something brief about Beit once my exams are done.
Also, can anyone (if there's any) provide some personal experience of halls like pembridge, fisher, southwell etc
Reply 67
Hi guys, i would like to ask which hall is the closest to all the classes for mathematics?
Reply 68
Original post by clhs2040
Hi guys, i would like to ask which hall is the closest to all the classes for mathematics?

The closest halls to campus are Beit, Garden, Weeks, the Eastside halls and the Southside halls.
Original post by Zottula
The closest halls to campus are Beit, Garden, Weeks, the Eastside halls and the Southside halls.

There's that one hall of residence right next to the campus doctor's (or is it a dentist?) office.

What's its name ?
Reply 70
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
There's that one hall of residence right next to the campus doctor's (or is it a dentist?) office.

What's its name ?

If you are talking about the Health Centre then that is located in Southside. But if you are in any of the Prince's Gardens halls (Garden, Weeks, Eastside, Southside) then you are within a minute or two of the place.
Reply 71
Just wondering if there is any priority system whereby students who live further out, say outside the M25, are allocated there accommodation before those who live closer to Imperial, (inside the M25)?
Reply 72
Original post by bike9713
Just wondering if there is any priority system whereby students who live further out, say outside the M25, are allocated there accommodation before those who live closer to Imperial, (inside the M25)?

Not that I know of.
Reply 73
Isn't getting a shared room just like agreeing to not have sex for an entire year? :L
Original post by 1234566h
Isn't getting a shared room just like agreeing to not have sex for an entire year? :L

You could always go back to their room xD
Reply 75
I haven't and I'm really worried about that.
Has anyone got it?
Got mine today. As did a few other people judging by posts on the Facebook group.
Reply 77
Does the room type preference refer to single/double/twin or ensuite/non-ensuite?
Has anyone received the accommodation forms yet ?

I am aware that ICL was having some technical issues and that things were delayed a bit.
Reply 79
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Has anyone received the accommodation forms yet ?

I am aware that ICL was having some technical issues and that things were delayed a bit.

People have started getting them today and yesterday. Yours will come soon. They don't come out at exactly the same time, and you won't be at any disadvantage receiving it a couple of days later than anyone else.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending