Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
OMG!!Why haven't I got it :/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
Hey is it possible to choose the order of preference when choosing halls?
Since I'm going for the cheaper single room options, and chose the 3 ones near the college, and then 2 in Evelyn, so will Imperial automatically put me away from the college since i opted for is when staying near the college is competitive?
I chose the Evelyn ones because they're nice, but would prefer not to be more than 5 minutes away from uni.
Reply 82
Original post by Martik
Hey is it possible to choose the order of preference when choosing halls?
Since I'm going for the cheaper single room options, and chose the 3 ones near the college, and then 2 in Evelyn, so will Imperial automatically put me away from the college since i opted for is when staying near the college is competitive?
I chose the Evelyn ones because they're nice, but would prefer not to be more than 5 minutes away from uni.

Sorry, it's not in order of preference.
Reply 83
Original post by Zottula
Sorry, it's not in order of preference.

Right thanks, so it there anywhere I can put a little note saying that I would prefer to be in a hall close to the uni?
Reply 84
Halls are epic! Ive got a few friends there, amazing, look really really good and in an amazing area. By far the best halls ever!
Original post by lightray
OMG!!Why haven't I got it :/

Not everyone gets it at once. Just be patient.
Reply 86
catestevenson, is that an open group?
Original post by Fkaraz
catestevenson, is that an open group?

Yep :smile: "Imperial College London Freshers 2012"
Reply 88
All done, went for more expensive single non-ensuite rooms in;

Pembridge
Garden
Fisher
Southwell
Holbein

that's my preference order, not that that matters, and stated that room type was more important than price band. Want a big room all to myself in a big old building. Anybody else pick any of these? And has anybody voluntarily opted for a shared room?!?!
Reply 90
I want to get into either Beit, Weeks or Garden (first choice being Beit). What should I put down as the keywords to give myself the best chance of getting in?
I just got the email for accommodation from Imperial. I'm going to be doing Physics and so i guess i want a hall quite close to the Blackett Laboratory. Which halls has the best social life and is relatively close to the physics department? (i don't want to trek to the place everyday).

I don't mind the cost
I just received the email on application for accommodation. Do I need to apply now or can I wait till exams are done. They don't give places on a first come, first serve basis right?

And does anyone know vaguely how the accommodation is allocated?

Thanks in advance
Reply 93
I was wondering the same thing. IIRC they ask you to apply as soon as you can, but it doesn't actually matter, right?
Reply 94
Original post by Martik
Right thanks, so it there anywhere I can put a little note saying that I would prefer to be in a hall close to the uni?

Not much point. Allocation is done by a computer. It would only get noticed if you had some sort of disability/medical reason and so being close by would be useful.

Original post by summer_blazed
And has anybody voluntarily opted for a shared room?!?!

Lots of people do. Last year I applied for triple rooms. Maybe you think I'm crazy? :dontknow:

Original post by :)!
I want to get into either Beit, Weeks or Garden (first choice being Beit). What should I put down as the keywords to give myself the best chance of getting in?

There's not a huge amount you can do. Putting that you go to bed after 11pm when prompted on the application would help for getting into Beit though.
Finally got my accommodation application email today!
Original post by summer_blazed

Anybody else pick any of these? And has anybody voluntarily opted for a shared room?!?!

I did. put down twin room for southside and eastside as the single rooms there are too expensive for me. If I get the halls there, fingers crossed, I will get a clean, nice roommate. lolx. Am I more likely to get twin rooms than single rooms though? because I put down single rooms for weeks, garden and southwell, and then twin room for southside and eastside. Prioritised room price.
Reply 97
Original post by therishmeister
I just received the email on application for accommodation. Do I need to apply now or can I wait till exams are done. They don't give places on a first come, first serve basis right?

And does anyone know vaguely how the accommodation is allocated?

Thanks in advance

Original post by voygehr
I was wondering the same thing. IIRC they ask you to apply as soon as you can, but it doesn't actually matter, right?

It is not first come first served. You can wait until exams are done. Just make sure you apply before the deadline.

You select 5 choices (not in order of preference) and state whether price or room type is more important to you. There are a few other questions about what time you go to bed etc. This information is loaded onto a database. Special software is used to automatically allocate applications in a randomised format. This software will read the forms and match applications against rooms subject to availability. I think the wardens within the halls decide exactly which bedroom to put each person in, and for shared bedrooms they will try and put compatible people together.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Ruvermillion
I just got the email for accommodation from Imperial. I'm going to be doing Physics and so i guess i want a hall quite close to the Blackett Laboratory. Which halls has the best social life and is relatively close to the physics department? (i don't want to trek to the place everyday).

I don't mind the cost

Closest halls are Beit, Garden, Weeks, Southside Halls and Eastside Halls. Hard to say which ones have the best social life.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Would appreciate any pictures from the halls in evelyn garden or weeks/garden hall!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending