The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Linke
Would appreciate any pictures from the halls in evelyn garden or weeks/garden hall!

You can find plenty of pictures on the Imperial website. They give 360 views of the rooms and are very representative.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 101
Is anyone actually applying to Xenia or Paragon?
Reply 102
Original post by Mads_300
Is anyone actually applying to Xenia or Paragon?

They look like such a trek!
Though I've been sitting here with my calculator going through the different options, literally don't know how I'm going to afford food next year!..

Question: Does the shared room allocation usually work ok? :s-smilie:
I'm really tempted by it simply to save money, but I'm worried that I'd end up with someone that's hard to get on with...
And potentially quite awkward at times..?
Reply 103
Original post by jrobbings
Though I've been sitting here with my calculator going through the different options, literally don't know how I'm going to afford food next year!..

I'm really tempted by it simply to save money, but I'm worried that I'd end up with someone that's hard to get on with...

Yeah that's what put me off applying to both of them, they're so far away!

I've heard from others that shared rooms usually work, and although it is awkward at first, the awkwardness disappears and most people become good friends (again just what i have heard)
Reply 104
Original post by jrobbings

I ended up sharing a bedroom with 2 people. It worked out fine. You get used to it. It actually makes the moving in a bit easier as you are immediately forced on another person and have someone to talk to and go to events with. Most people I know seem to get on ok with their roommates, and in some cases they become the best of friends.
Reply 105
I'd like to apply to a single room (not ensuite) but after from fisher hall the prices seem to jump from 115 to 151 a week, are the others really that much nicer?
In my 5 choices, am I more likely to get twin rooms if I put down single rooms and twin rooms and prioritised room price.??
Reply 107
Original post by P.h.o.e.n.i.x.y
In my 5 choices, am I more likely to get twin rooms if I put down single rooms and twin rooms and prioritised room price.??

Yeah probably. But hard to know. Depends on what everyone applies for really. I know someone who applied for a mix of singles and twins, prioritised room price and ended up in a triple :dontknow:. I also know someone who applied for standard singles and ended up in an en suite. There are no guarantees.
Reply 108
Original post by Zottula
It is not first come first served. You can wait until exams are done. Just make sure you apply before the deadline.

And when is the deadline? They don't mention it in the mail :s-smilie:
Reply 109
Original post by voygehr
And when is the deadline? They don't mention it in the mail :s-smilie:

27th July 2012.

Found the deadline on their website.
Reply 110
Original post by Zottula
27th July 2012.

Original post by Zottula
Yeah probably. But hard to know. Depends on what everyone applies for really. I know someone who applied for a mix of singles and twins, prioritised room price and ended up in a triple :dontknow:. I also know someone who applied for standard singles and ended up in an en suite. There are no guarantees.

ooh, okay. Thanks.
Reply 112
I'm going to apply for 3 triples and 2 twins, am I more likely to get one of these if I say my preference is room type or price?
Reply 113
Original post by bozzers
I'm going to apply for 3 triples and 2 twins, am I more likely to get one of these if I say my preference is room type or price?

Last year I applied for 3 triples and 2 twins and said my preference was price. I got a triple. If you say your preference is price, you usually end up in something cheaper.
Reply 114
Original post by Zottula
Last year I applied for 3 triples and 2 twins and said my preference was price. I got a triple. If you say your preference is price, you usually end up in something cheaper.

Cheers, I'll do that then :smile:
Reply 115
Hi everyone,

I am going to start my Master’s course (MSc Transport and Business Management) on 29th of September and I am looking for accommodation. The postgraduate accommodation is provided by Imperial (Silwood Park Campus) is very far from my department (Civil Engineering at South Kensington) it takes about 2h by public transport to get there. I looked at the other options which are provided on the uni website such as: Grad Pad London and some private halls, it is too expensive the cheapest is about £200 pw. However, the only private accommodation I liked (I can afford) is Ducane Housing in Hammersmith, but still I have no idea whether the accommodation or the area are good for students, so if anyone have some information please help.

It would be very helpful if there are any one here would like to help and give me some advice in how I can find a good accommodation with price not more than 120pw. The last two days I have been looking on some shearing houses and flats, so if anyone here is in the same position as me please feel free to contact with me here or in private.
Reply 116
Does anyone know why some rooms appear twice in the room selection page? For example:

Fisher Hall £100.01 - £115.00 Single Room
Fisher Hall £115.01 - £130.00 Single Room
Whats the difference between these rooms? (Both are non-ensuite)

And why is there a 15 pound uncertainty in the price for all rooms? Havent prices been decided on yet?

Theres also a big difference in the pricing for rooms on Imperial's website and in the application, for example pembridge hall standard single rooms:
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/hallsofresidenceug/pembridgehall
Standard single room £108.02 - £132.79 per week
On the application its: Pembridge Hall £100.01 - £115.00 Single Room
Can I rest assured that if I get a room it will not be over 115 pound per week or could it be as high as £132.79?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Linke
Does anyone know why some rooms appear twice in the room selection page? For example:

And why is there a 15 pound uncertainty in the price for all rooms? Havent prices been decided on yet?

Theres also a big difference in the pricing for rooms on Imperial's website and in the application, for example pembridge hall standard single rooms:
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/hallsofresidenceug/pembridgehall
Can I rest assured that if I get a room it will not be over 115 pound per week or could it be as high as £132.79?

The prices vary depending on how big your room is I believe. From what I gather you're not really guaranteed anything with the accommodation application since it's done by computer, but if you prioritise price over room type you should be okay.
Reply 118
Is there any advantage to applying earlier?
Reply 119
Original post by Linke

The differences in prices within a hall are likely to be due to room sizes. They'll charge more for the bigger rooms.

Put price as your priority and it is highly unlikely you'll end up with something outside your budget.

Original post by Pop?
Is there any advantage to applying earlier?

No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending