The Student Room Group

Bay parking

Ive been working on trying to do bay parking. I've got the 'take the lock off' thing sorted out (at long last) now I'm trying to do it the correct way, atucally getting in between the white lines and all. Only I always go over the line, I left my turning too late. how do I line up when to start turning to get ibetween the white lines?

I hope this makes sense, I'm quickley writting this before work starts. my spelling is bad today, sorry for that, I've yet to wake up without my morning cup of coffee
Reply 1
It's a case of trial and error really as the method your using is correct but each car has different points of turn depending on it's size.

Try posting on www.2pass.co.uk for some excellent advice from driving instructors about driving.
Reply 2
I was looking for help on bay parking - still not quite there with it - but its alot better!

I found that this link was very helpful, had photos which kind of helped to understand what they meant.

http://www.driving-made-easy.co.uk/ParkingBay.htm

This site was also quite helpful: http://www.1waydrivingschool.com/download/baypark.pdf

Finally, lots of nice people on here tried to explain it to me (some with diagrams!) http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193133

Hope they help! :smile:
hey hey i hate bay parking.um what you have to do is no gas and just use clutch 2 move real slowly.then while doing all your checks turning your head etc as soon as you see your back window with the line starting to appear start to turn your wheel.do your checks again checkin in your mirrors and when youve turned straighten up-dnt matter if your not straight as long as your in the space.basically wen you thing the end of your car is hitting the white line you start turning(the white line that will be on your left when your in the space) sorry thats quite confusing.im not good with words!!
Reply 4
My test is tomorrow, and I've always struggled with it:frown: If say, I did the observations well and got into the space but not very well would I still fail?:frown: Under pressure I won't do it...! When I do, it's pure luck!
Does anybody know where I should line myself up to?

My driving instructor says my shoulder should be in line with the line which is 3 spaces before....last week I did them fine, but today I was atrocious. Do you steer straight the way too?
Reply 5
Don't go to www.2pass.co.uk, they are a bunch of stuck-up arrogant idiots. They won't give you good advice at all. My advice ask your driving instructor, that's what you pay him for.
Reply 6
i dont have it at my test center luckily... it must be a nightmare!
Reply 7
UnfinishedSympathy
My test is tomorrow, and I've always struggled with it:frown: If say, I did the observations well and got into the space but not very well would I still fail?:frown: Under pressure I won't do it...! When I do, it's pure luck!
Does anybody know where I should line myself up to?

My driving instructor says my shoulder should be in line with the line which is 3 spaces before....last week I did them fine, but today I was atrocious. Do you steer straight the way too?

It really doesn't matter for your test. On the reverse bay park, you do that at the beginning of the test with your instructor next to you and he'll tell you what to do. On my test day, I did the reverse park completely wrong at first and had to drive forward and have another go. The examiner doesn't see this, so it really doesn't matter.

At the end of the test, you drive forward into the space. Basically, my forward bay park was the most ridiculous atrocious bit of forward bay parking I've ever done in my life. I actually ended up, no jokes, with more of the car in the space next to it than in the actual space itself. The car was at a complete angle right across two bays, and it was completely ridiculously unbelievably awful. The examiner, however, doesn't mark you on this and so I passed without even getting a minor for it.

Latest