The Student Room Group

Changed my mind about nursing....

Hi everyone,

Well basically...after working on a hellish ward for the past nine months, i have decided that i don't want to study adult nursing at university anymore. I would love to study the Operating Department Practitioner degree/diploma in September. Does anyone know how to go about applying for a different course when the UCAS application deadline has passed? Do you have to wait for clearing? I would like to do the ODP degree at edge hill university, i have applied to do adult nursing there and i am just waiting to see if i have got an offer or not. Does anyone know what i can do? Thank-you for any advice. :wink:
You can apply through extra if you withdraw from any offers and any uni's your waiting on. At the moment Edge Hill isn't in Extra but a number of uni's are for ODP. If you want to apply then I would suggest re-writing your personal statement then ringing up the uni's and asking if they are still accepting extra applications and if you can send in your new PS (you can't change it on UCAS).
Reply 2
Original post by Happy_Holidays
You can apply through extra if you withdraw from any offers and any uni's your waiting on. At the moment Edge Hill isn't in Extra but a number of uni's are for ODP. If you want to apply then I would suggest re-writing your personal statement then ringing up the uni's and asking if they are still accepting extra applications and if you can send in your new PS (you can't change it on UCAS).

Thank-you for the information. When you apply through extra, can you only apply for one university?
Yep you can only apply to one at a time through Extra.

Quick Reply

Latest