Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Bible and Muhammad

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    You really don't have much to say do you? How is what I said analogous to a physical attack on a person? I'm talking about attacking ideologies, you are comparing them to a physical attack.

I think in your own mind you think of yourself as smart and witty :teehee:

Nevertheless, I'll PM you a response to your question since you have asked me directly.
    My point was more about simply inventing your own standards of definition as an ad hoc excuse, a trait common to religious apologists.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to point out that what can be seen as a facetious analogy has garnered four pos-reps, probably from Muslims, who misunderstood my point anyway.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    I'd like to point out that what can be seen as a facetious analogy has garnered four pos-reps, probably from Muslims, who misunderstood my point anyway.
    Sadly, this seems to be true.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well someone has got his head, very far, up his own arse :rolleyes:

Just sayin'
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, but they could claim that Islam or submitting or Allah or whatever does the same thing. Can you prove that you're right and they're not?
    But it does not because they have no basis for the forgiveness of wilful sins.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gltw)
    But it does not because they have no basis for the forgiveness of wilful sins.
    "Allah is merciful" ring any bells?

I find it really weird, by the way, for people to be arguing over the finer details of non-empirical, made-up concepts.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Allah is merciful" ring any bells?

I find it really weird, by the way, for people to be arguing over the finer details of non-empirical, made-up concepts.
    But God's mercy cannot contradict his justice otherwise he would not be God.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    They do believe that a person named Jesus is the Messiah. They just don't believe that it was the historical Jesus who lived and died on the cross.

Just like the Pharisees at that time...today's Jews refuse to accept that the historical Jesus was in fact the Jesus they were waiting for. Even after everything that has been recorded proving that it was Jesus (tearing of the curtain after his death/soldiers accepting that he was God after he died/etc), Jews still refuse to accept him as the Messiah.
    Yes. There is. Solid proof. That these things happened. Jews are very, very. Misguided. For not believing that Jesus was god.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gltw)
    But God's mercy cannot contradict his justice otherwise he would not be God.
    God can do anything he wants, including not being God

he's omnipotent, right ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    God can do anything he wants, including not being God

he's omnipotent, right ?
    Well if He is not God then he does not exist therefore nothing exists. But we know something does exist therefore his is just and merciful because he is God. God cannot do any evil, it is not an inability though but God cannot do any evil.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypocrism)
    Yes. There is. Solid proof. That these things happened. Jews are very, very. Misguided. For not believing that Jesus was god.
    Please provide your sources.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    Please provide your sources.
    Sarcasm alert detector busted eh?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gltw)
    Well if He is not God then he does not exist therefore nothing exists. But we know something does exist therefore his is just and merciful because he is God. God cannot do any evil, it is not an inability though but God cannot do any evil.
    Reason broke down when you said "if god does not exist, nothing exists".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypocrism)
    Sarcasm alert detector busted eh?!
    Didn't read
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gltw)
    Well if He is not God then he does not exist therefore nothing exists.
    well, if he is not God then perhaps someone else is God ?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishy123)
    But don't Muslims also believe that?
    Hello Squishy,

Muslims believe that Jesus will return yes. However, they also believe that Jesus will follow Muhammad's teachings, whereas Christians believe that is a mere claim (and a false one at that) of Muhammad, because Jesus is the King, not Muhammad!!!

But if you are attributing the prophecy to Jesus, could it not similarly apply to other prophets like:

(1) Solomon
    Solomon does fulfill some of the Messianic promise that God gave to King David, accounted in 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17, Psalm 2, and Psalm 89. However, he does not fulfill all of it. He does fulfill the "forever" in a way in that his descendant will be the forever Messiah, however. King Solomon was the one who God chose to build the first temple in Jerusalem!!! It is an awesome and wonderful story... it's one of my favorites - how the temple that Solomon built for God was constructed. I would have loved to have seen it!!!
    (2) Isaiah

(3) Ezeckiel

(4) Daniel

(5) Hosea

(6) Joel

(7) Malachi
    As far as I know, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, and other prophets who are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel) to the other descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel) are not considered to be the prophet like Moses or the Messiah. Although it is true that they qualify in a way for being a prophet like Moses, since they are brother Israelis, they are not considered to be the prophet like Moses. Most were given messages by God for the people through dreams and visions and angel visits. Jesus, however, was not given dreams and visions and angel visits, but rather was given words directly by God.
    (8) John the baptist
    It is really cool and interesting about John the Baptist. I should start a thread about him! John the Baptist was asked by religious leaders if he was "the prophet" which in that time was known to be the prophet like Moses. He said no. He quoted from Isaiah a prophesy which he fulfills. Jesus later on said that John the Baptist is the Elijah who was to come. Even till this day, Jewish people who believe in G-d and believe in the Tanakh have a cup for Elijah while they celebrate the passover. However, they do not believe that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophesy of Isaiah, which correlates to the promise of the Elijah, and they do not believe that Jesus is the prophet like Moses and the Messiah. However, the Jewish people of the time of Jesus who believed, including the apostles who Jesus chose who walked and talked with him, Jesus' mother Mary, and the disciples of Jesus, all being Jewish, did believe that Jesus fulfills and will fulfill the prophesies/promises. There are Jewish people today who also believe that Jesus fulfills and will fulfill these prophesies/promises, regardless of others not believing.

*I can go on if you prefer.....*
    Sure.

What makes you absolutely certain that the Prophecy was to be fulfilled by Jesus and Jesus ONLY because as highlighted by all these prophets, any one of them could satisfy YOUR requirements?
    The amazing love of God makes me absolutely certain that Jesus fulfills and will fulfill the Messianic and prophet like Moses promises that God gave to the Children of Israel. Jesus specifically taught love, love for God, love for others, love for even one's enemies. Jesus brings Jewish people and Gentiles together through faith in God through him. Although sad to say there have been "Christians" - Gentile "Christians" throughout the ages who have forced people to convert out of fear (and not of genuine heart and soul desire because of God's love) who have killed and persecuted others, this is NOT in obedience to Jesus' teachings. However, Jesus shows through God's love that he fulfills the prophesies/promises concerning him!!!

I'm sorry for not writing back till now. I forgot about this thread, and also my parents came to visit my hubby and me!!! They just left today. I miss them already!

Peace and God bless you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    This commandment was emphasized by Jesus (pbuh) , when a teacher of the Law of Moses asked him: “‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30).

Notice that Jesus was quoting the first commandment from the book of Deuteronomy 6:4-5. Jesus confirmed not only that this commandment is still valid, but also that it is the most important of all the commandments.
    Hello Gunit123,

I just saw this post of yours, and I totally agree with you!

Peace and God bless you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    Well this was a very interesting thread until it died...

It's true that the old testament preaches one god.
    And this poem is a cool way of showing it.
    Hello Killa78,

I am curious about your screenname. Could you please explain it? Thanks.

With your post, I'm going to start a new thread titled "the Triune God?"

I would appreciate your comments.

Peace and God bless you
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christianlady)
    Hello Killa78,

I am curious about your screenname. Could you please explain it? Thanks.

With your post, I'm going to start a new thread titled "the Triune God?"

I would appreciate your comments.

Peace and God bless you
    Oh. Erm. Nothing major to be honest.

I'm a peace loving person

It's just stuck with me since I was a child and was 'cool'

Yeah. I look forward to the thread but probably won't post for a couple days, exams n all.

Peace and blessings on you too!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    Oh. Erm. Nothing major to be honest.

I'm a peace loving person
    Hello again,

Well I don't like it. Sorry, just being honest. I will nickname you Peacelover if that's ok with you?

It's just stuck with me since I was a child and was 'cool'
    Hmm.

Yeah. I look forward to the thread but probably won't post for a couple days, exams n all.

Peace and blessings on you too!
    Ok. Yes you should do your best to do well on your exams!!! I understand and hope that you will postpone writing on the forum until the exams are done, cause they are very important!

Peace and may God bless you with wisdom, good memory, and help you do well for His glory on your exams!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.