Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The Bible and Muhammad

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]
    (Original post by AlHaq)
    Peace and God Bless you Christianlady,

I read your interesting debate, mainly the reasons you believe Mohammed is a false Prophet.

Hello AlHaq,

Thanks so much for your polite and kind reply.

You accept the fact a prophet will come after Jesus, however you don't belive it is Mohammed.
    Correction: I accept many prophets, both men and women coming after Jesus. There is not just a 1 male prophet after Jesus. The reason I accept many prophets, both male and female, coming after Jesus is because of the prophesy God gave to the prophet Joel.

Joel 3 - http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...ble/Joel3.html
    (I boldened some.)

"1 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions;

2 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit.

3 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

4 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of HaShem come.

5 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of HaShem shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as HaShem hath said, and among the remnant those whom HaShem shall call."

A prophet is merely someone who prophesies. That person can be either a false prophet, if God did not truly send the message, or a true prophet, one who truly is sent by God.

My answer: it is not a contrary to God's power for 2 reasons
    A) If it is a contrary then you should also accept God is not powerful as he let people sin and do evil. God knows people will alert his Words at only his Will.
    B) What makes you think that God will preserve old testimonies & books, did he say anywhere he will preserve his Words and make it prevail in the old books?
    Peace & love

In Both the Tanakh and the New Testament, there is evidence that God's Word prevails throughout the generations. Actually, Jesus came was to fulfill the promises and prophesies that God gave to the children of Israel, accounted in the Tanakh.

For an Arab man who is not a descendant of Israel, but rather later persecuted Jewish people who did not follow him in Arabia, to claim that the Tanakh is corrupted, even though it seems he never actually read it for himself, sadly, that just shows a complete inconsideration for how God has protected the Law that He gave to children of Israel through Moses, as well as all the prophesies and promises He gave to the children of Israel throughout the years. God is not weak. He has protected the Tanakh from corruption, and Christians believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of the prophesies and promises God gave to the children of Israel through the Tanakh. Now, without the Tanakh, Jesus would have no meaning. However, for Muhammad, it's remarkably easy for him to claim that the Tanakh has been corrupted, because that takes away the foundation of the history of the children of Israel, and allows him to take the "center stage", even though he is not of the children of Israel.

Jesus, a child of Israel, makes it clear that the Scriptures (which in his day was only the Tanakh) are true, and that he is the fulfillment. That is vital. Now, there are many Jewish people who believe in G-d and the Tanakh who do not believe that Jesus is the fulfillment, and that is fine. That is between them and God and followers of Jesus SHOULD NOT KILL OR PERSECUTE OR FORCE CONVERT ANYONE. Jesus did not teach to kill or persecute or force convert, but rather preached love - love for God, love for each other, and even love for enemies.

Peace and God's blessings and love be upon you

Matthew 5 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+5&version=NIV
    (I boldened some of these words of Jesus)

"17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. "

John 4 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...04&version=NIV
    (I boldened some.)

"19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.” "
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christianlady)
    Hello Squishy,

Muslims believe that Jesus will return yes. However, they also believe that Jesus will follow Muhammad's teachings, whereas Christians believe that is a mere claim (and a false one at that) of Muhammad, because Jesus is the King, not Muhammad!!!
    We don't believe Muhammad (pbuh) is a king - he is a Prophet (nothing more, nothing less - albeit, the final one).

Furthermore, not only do we believe in Jesus (or his real name Isa (pbuh)) returning but we also believe that before he returns a False Messiah will appear who will say that he is God and all the disbelievers, hypocrites will follow him especially since he will arrive in a time of turmoil (droughts, war,etc) and so he will provide them with worldly desires. After a period of time, Isa (pbuh) will return to kill him and he will restore peace on the Earth. Incidentally, he will also destroy the cross and eradicate the swine.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Lol what?

How can you not see Islam as a religion?

I'm actually starting to believe you fear Islam and what it provides. Perhaps you may have recognised it is the truth.

Sure you may acknowledge the other ideologies because you deem them as nothing other than false (excluding Judaism).

As for your last point, we'll debate after my exams are finished. My issue here isn't with debating but rather the way in which you debate.
    That's quite a tenuous strand of logic you've got there. Then again, you have to be comfortable with being satisfied with tenuous strands of logic to be religious in the first place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    We don't believe Muhammad (pbuh) is a king - he is a Prophet (nothing more, nothing less - albeit, the final one).
    Hello Gunit,

I am curious. Do you believe that Muhammad was a military commander or involved in conquering different places in Arabia in any way?
    Furthermore, not only do we believe in Jesus (or his real name Isa (pbuh)) returning but we also believe that before he returns a False Messiah will appear who will say that he is God and all the disbelievers, hypocrites will follow him especially since he will arrive in a time of turmoil (droughts, war,etc) and so he will provide them with worldly desires. After a period of time, Isa (pbuh) will return to kill him and he will restore peace on the Earth. Incidentally, he will also destroy the cross and eradicate the swine.
    The belief of Jesus returning, as well as the belief of false Messiahs, has already been way before Muhammad's time. Jesus, accounted in Matthew 24, talks about false messiahs as well as false prophets. Jesus, accounted in the gospel of John, talks about coming back, and John, one of the Jewish apostles who Jesus chose, who walked and talked about Jesus, taught that Jesus would come back to earth as well, which is one of the main themes of Revelation. These beliefs began way before Muhammad was born. Although interestingly Muhammad echoes them and changes them to conform to his claims of who he (Muhammad) is, that does not at all take away from what Jewish and Gentile Christians believe concerning Jesus returning and concerning Jesus' prophesies/warnings about false prophets and false messiahs.

Peace and God bless you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.