The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Geography...

Scroll to see replies

Does any of you know how Drumlins were formed? It was asked in 2008 Credit PP.
LeckieLeckie Study Guides says that "there's some uncertainty about how they were formed" and I don't have anything about them in my notes. :frown:
thanks aimzox, link helped, cleared a lot up much appreciated :wink:
Original post by Nessie162
Does any of you know how Drumlins were formed? It was asked in 2008 Credit PP.
LeckieLeckie Study Guides says that "there's some uncertainty about how they were formed" and I don't have anything about them in my notes. :frown:

I was doing that paper I just chose to do the terminal moraine option i have no clue aswell nessie ! :O
thanks aimzox that link really helpe ! what areas are you finding quite difficult ? :-)
By the way, is it just me, or do you find that some of the anwers in the marking schemes are a bit...weird?
What is everyone elses exam after Geography mines is French on the 10th ! :'(
Reply 26
DRUMLINS: Drumlins are small hills made of boulder clay which are moulded by ice as it passes over. The boulder clay is formed beneath the ice as rocks and other debris are ground up and smashed by the erosive effect of the ice sheet/glacier.

That's all I've got written down, hope it helps?!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
By the way, is it just me, or do you find that some of the anwers in the marking schemes are a bit...weird?

Nope the marking schemes are crap seriously ! eg. 2006 geography pass paper q7 ! asks about factors affecting population distrubtion and gives examples of physical and human, i chose physical and in the examples given it mentioned climate so in my answer i put, climate..lower land is warmer than higher, so can crow crops etc .... and it wasn't in the answers ? ! wtf ? hah
Original post by coultra1
DRUMLINS: Drumlins are small hills made of boulder clay which are moulded by ice as it passes over. The boulder clay is formed beneath the ice as rocks and other debris are ground up and smashed by the erosive effect of the ice sheet/glacier.

That's all I've got written down, hope it helps?!

Thanks :smile: But I hope they won't ask about that, this year :smile:

Some of them... Most of them are just too short. I hate the part when it says to give a point for "any other valid point", and then I'm like very consufed whenever should I give myself a point or not. :colone:

Original post by RacheyDee97
What is everyone elses exam after Geography mines is French on the 10th ! :'(

Mines Music on the 9th... Then a few days free to revise and Chemistry on the 14th :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
I have chemistry too nessie ! :frown: erm don't suppose anybody has a marking scheme for 2005 credit ?:P
Is it just me who finds it really really really hard to identify glacial features in a OS map ????:O
Reply 33
That's totally true :/ what are you doing today revision wise? I'm mainly just watching videos & doing online quizzes and looking over pastpapers for model answers...
Original post by RacheyDee97
Is it just me who finds it really really really hard to identify glacial features in a OS map ????:O

You're not the only one. I'm praying we won't get any of those questions tommorow. I'm finding the passage of a depression really hard to remember, it just won't stick!
Are you serious?! :eek: I wish we could get glacial features question tomorrow. It's an extremely nice way of getting that 3-4 marks at the beginning of the Credit Exam. :biggrin:
But the rest of the OS map questions are just awful :frown: And It's always Q1...

Anyways... Did you choose Geography for Higher? I did :smile:
Reply 36
I have a worksheet here... and it says remember:

High is for Dry (rhymes..)
Low is for Woe (bad)

A H A is for Anticyclone High pressure and it blows away.. :smile: but it blows clockwise. :smile:

I also have a wee thing saying: If you stand with LOW pressure on your left you have the wind hitting your back..

and a summery of a depression passing: "usually in a depression a cold front moves in on warm air, the warm air is forced to rise up by the cold air and, when this happens the warm air cools, condenses and clouds form and heavy rainfall occurs. " hope that helps? it's a little simpler!!
Reply 37
You're not the only one. I'm praying we won't get any of those questions tommorow. I'm finding the passage of a depression really hard to remember, it just won't stick!

Me too! do you guys have ANY tips on identifying them? I suck at it! and it takes me ages..
Reply 39
Thankyou!! that's reallllly helpful! thats one of my weak areas =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending