The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Geography...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ah im worried incase i dont have enough time to finish the paper especialy credit theres just soo much writing - im dyslexic and get 'extra time' but thats only like a extra 15mins but in my prelim it still wasnt enough time to finish the credit as i still had one question to go but i did end up with a 2 1 which is good, but my writing is just soooo slow! any tips?:confused:
Original post by alanyadarling
ah im worried incase i dont have enough time to finish the paper especialy credit theres just soo much writing - im dyslexic and get 'extra time' but thats only like a extra 15mins but in my prelim it still wasnt enough time to finish the credit as i still had one question to go but i did end up with a 2 1 which is good, but my writing is just soooo slow! any tips?:confused:

Make yourself a "time boundary". Let's say 10-15minutes for a question.
If you won't finish answering the question in that time, just leave it in the middle of the sentence and move on to the next one. That's the tip our teacher always gave us :smile: This will ensure you that you'll have a opportunity to gain marks in every question....
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nessie162
Are you serious?! :eek: I wish we could get glacial features question tomorrow. It's an extremely nice way of getting that 3-4 marks at the beginning of the Credit Exam. :biggrin:
But the rest of the OS map questions are just awful :frown: And It's always Q1...

Anyways... Did you choose Geography for Higher? I did :smile:

I chose it for higher regreting it now... i don't mind describing terminal moraine or that its identifying it on OS maps always get that one wrong so frustrating :/
Time isn't a problem i rush through it thats my problem ! :frown:
I did crap in the prelim (4) and then revised my ass off and got a 1.

Tips: focus on weakest topics, then do some PP q's on that topic. That usually helped me. And also in the exam, write everything you know as soon as you read the question, it's better to write to much and get the marks than write half as much and get less marks!

Good Luck! :^_^:
What doe yous do better in Ku or Es ?
I always get better marks in KU, not sure why though :wink:

Do any of you know what are the grade boundaries for SG Geography?
Reply 48
Nope..i'm not too sure. I'm getting so nervous. :frown:
I really dont know how it's going to go.
Good Luck Everyone :smile:
Hi, is it safe to discuss the exam yet?
Reply 51
I thought the exam was odd. It was definitely more about human geography.
Reply 52
The one about land use and the one about Shetlands was hard, oh so was the one about the junction.
Reply 53
The hardest was probably the marine life one

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Desire Z
That was actually much better than I expected, considering I didn't do much revision at all for this exam:tongue:.
I was surprised that a lot of the mapwork questions were only 4 marks. I found the question about the measures the engineers have taken to overcome the physical landscape a bit weird. I could only see embankments, tunnels, cutting and a bridge on my OS map.
For the ES questions I did tend to ramble a bit, but hopefully I've managed to pick up some marks for them. I got a bit panicky on the 6 marker about farming, as I didn't even know what improved pasture was.
Overall, I'm hoping for a 1.
Original post by regalrose
The one about land use and the one about Shetlands was hard, oh so was the one about the junction.

Yeah... Shetlands and junction questions were the most difficult.
I also had some problems with EU and Fairtrade questions, but I wrote everything what came to my mind and hopefully I'll get some marks for them.

I wanted to say big THANK YOU to the tsr person who predicted Corrie and weather question :smile:
I learned whole definiction of corrie formation by heart and just wrote it :smile: Shame it was only worth 4 marks. But I didn't learn anything about the weather and I wasn't sure what to write when we had to compare those two cities.

Generally the OS map question today weren't too bad at all, and I'm pretty happy with them.

Anyway... I hope I'll get a 1 :smile: Can't wait for August...

Music revision for me now, exam tomorrow.
Reply 56
Did anyone take the paper home with them, and can upload it

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Desire Z
Reply 57
For the Shetlands one I rambled on about young people, less taxes, government spending less on education and stuff about retirement and taking care of old people.
Reply 58
i thought the hardest questions were:
the shetlands
the marine national park
+ economic and social effects

what everyone write for these ^^ and

what did everyone write for the one on first page about how to solve the problem of landscape or something? :confused:
Original post by joanne25

what did everyone write for the one on first page about how to solve the problem of landscape or something? :confused:

That was the junctions question if I'm right.
I wrote something about bridges, tunnels and cuttings :confused: But not sure if I was right...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending